I'm thinking about buying either one. I prefer the look of the Korina, but Since the Gothic is cheaper I might be able to put a set of EMGs (81/60) in them.
Guitars:
Squier Stratocaster
ESP LTD EX-50
Epiphone Les Paul Special II VS
Rogue RAG-R Acoustic

Likes 3mm picks

Literally the only person in the store who buys them

...not joking

"No Stairway! Denied!"
-Wayne Campbell
Get whichever looks prettier to you. Swapping pickups is easily done, getting a guitar refinished to make it look nicer isn't.

Mind you if you're thinking of putting EMG's in a Korina I may just have to murder you. Get pickups with gold covers on it so it matches the rest of the hardware at the very, very least. Black plastic covers on a Korina would look absolutely horrible.

I'd buy the Korina for no other reason than it isn't black, and I have way too many black guitars. That and the gothic is satin black, which looks awful after the satin inevitably wears off where you frequently touch the guitar.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by monwobobbo
Korina is a better guitar

Much better guitar. 
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24
Much better guitar. 

Yes, far better.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I like them both. Though, adding in a case, say $100 along with the new $550 price tag of the Korina puts you (imo) very close to used Gibson Explorer prices... You can pick those up for $700-$800 if you keep your eyes peeled.

Mind you if you're thinking of putting EMG's in a Korina I may just have to murder you.

No way would I even think about that. That would look stupid, and I've heard some good things about the stock pups so I'll probably end up keeping them.
Guitars:
Squier Stratocaster
ESP LTD EX-50
Rogue RAG-R Acoustic

Likes 3mm picks

...not joking

"No Stairway! Denied!"
-Wayne Campbell
Don't you just hate it when people list guitars as "Gibson Epiphone" or "Fender Squier" thinking that it gives them more value?
Guitars:
Squier Stratocaster
ESP LTD EX-50
Rogue RAG-R Acoustic

Likes 3mm picks

...not joking

"No Stairway! Denied!"
-Wayne Campbell
Quote by monwobobbo
Guitaraxe

But then you still need a case. A thought though.

Ha! Possibly , but you can snag them with case in that price range. I have.
Quote by Guitaraxe
Ha! Possibly , but you can snag them with case in that price range. I have.

Depends on where you live and a little luck. Not something you can Bank on.
Quote by monwobobbo
Depends on where you live and a little luck. Not something you can Bank on.

No doubt. I would add having patience , keeping yur' eyes peeled and being ready to pounce to that.
http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=282544828594

What do you think about this?

I doubt the EMGs are real, so if I were to buy it I would put a set of real EMGs in it, and replace the tuners with some Gotoh tuners

It has the option to customise with an ebony fretboard also.
Guitars:
Squier Stratocaster
ESP LTD EX-50
Rogue RAG-R Acoustic

Likes 3mm picks

...not joking

"No Stairway! Denied!"
-Wayne Campbell
Quote by p2pressselect

I doubt the EMGs are real, so if I were to buy it I would put a set of real EMGs in it, and replace the tuners with some Gotoh tuners

god no. Avoid.

Chinese fakes like those are never good guitars. They require a ton of money to be put into them. All the hardware and electronics are the cheapest garbage you can possibly get, they are always plagued with terrible fretwork and sometimes crippling flaws that prevent them from ever playing properly.

If owning a guitar that infringes on a trademark is bad enough, reselling said guitar is also illegal.

Nothing to stop you from redesigning the guitar in a way that doesn't contravene copyright, but that still means the quality of the build is garbage. It seems like a good deal, but the work that is needed to be put into them makes them a false economy.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Quote by p2pressselect

No, under no circumstances. If you want something similar to that that isn't a piece of garbage (and unethical to boot), get an Agile Ghost. It would probably blow the Gothic Epi out of the water, although I'd rather go korina than either of them--I've gotten more traditional in my old age as far as pointy-guitar designs go.
LysanderSpoon
I would totally get one of those, but they're out of stock for who knows how long. That's probably one of my favourite Explorer designs now!
Guitars:
Squier Stratocaster
ESP LTD EX-50
Rogue RAG-R Acoustic

Likes 3mm picks

...not joking

"No Stairway! Denied!"
-Wayne Campbell
That Agile looks pretty cool. If I was going outside the Gibby / Epi' Explorer realm, I would lean towards an Ibanez Destroyer. I've always liked that model.
Oddly enough, I just bought a 58' Korina Explorer two days ago. I considered the Gothic, but after playing both it was no contest. Go '58.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
When do you think they'll be back in stock?
I actually really want a Ghost now!
Guitars:
Squier Stratocaster
ESP LTD EX-50
Rogue RAG-R Acoustic

Likes 3mm picks

...not joking

"No Stairway! Denied!"
-Wayne Campbell
p2pressselect

Well if you did want to put EMG's in it but not the black plastic then...

"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by Pharmascience12
The kidney stones need to be cured because when it becomes too large, then it is easy for them to pass their own and it causes bleeding, may damage the  kidney or urinary tract infection occurs. These are the same symptoms of kidney  infection. Our stone crusher will dilute your kidney stone without any pain. This is the best Ayurveda for Stone Crusher for your kidney stone .

For More Visit
……………………………………………………………………..
Kidney Stone

wut
Guitars:
Squier Stratocaster
ESP LTD EX-50
Rogue RAG-R Acoustic

Likes 3mm picks

...not joking

"No Stairway! Denied!"
-Wayne Campbell
Evilnine I think I've seen those, and they're really cool so I might look in to that!
Guitars:
Squier Stratocaster
ESP LTD EX-50
Rogue RAG-R Acoustic

Likes 3mm picks

...not joking

"No Stairway! Denied!"
-Wayne Campbell
Quote by p2pressselect
Evilnine I think I've seen those, and they're really cool so I might look in to that!

Yeah and if you really want to keep it looking stock-ish some sets like the James Hetfield set are available in gold and have the pole pieces showing.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by p2pressselect
When do you think they'll be back in stock?
I actually really want a Ghost now!

The Agile Ghost will get you first class entrance to the "ugly headstock club."
Quote by JustRooster
The Agile Ghost will get you first class entrance to the "ugly headstock club."

I thought that was Epiphone?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I thought that was Epiphone?

Don't you be talking smack about the hockey stick!
Quote by JustRooster
Don't you be talking smack about the hockey stick!  

Or the hockey stick might just smack me!

The top of Epi LP headstocks actually looks like a bum.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Or the hockey stick might just smack me!

The top of Epi LP headstocks actually looks like a bum.

Oh, I gotcha. I agree. The open book on a Gibby looks far, far better.
I emailed Kurt about the Ghost, and I've also looked at some of the Schecter Standard E-1s and I'm still completely undecided.
Guitars:
Squier Stratocaster
ESP LTD EX-50
Rogue RAG-R Acoustic

Likes 3mm picks

...not joking

"No Stairway! Denied!"
-Wayne Campbell
Quote by p2pressselect

Heck no, for all the said reasons mentioned above. With so many decent guitars out there for that price range, why spending that money on a fake with unknown quality? You never know what you're getting, plus while it might pass as legit for a non-guitarist, anyone that knows his sh*t will be able to tell it's not a legit, and I don't think it seems very classy to be the guy with the chinese fake guitar - that's like having a fake Rolex or known brand of clothing.
Nowadays there's no excuse to rely on such crap, you'll get something much better and be more respected with an instrument that doesn't pretend to be something else.
ANYWAYS, I still don't know if an Epiphone could be the best investment. The SG400 I had felt a bit short on the quality department and it was the top range Epi SG model, so I don't think it'll be that much different on LPs or Explorers. Even if you plan to upgrade the pups later on, the wood itself is cheap; I'd get myself an Agile if I saw one around for a good price, too. 
'07 Jackson Pro Dinky DK2M (MIJ)
Squier Strat SE
Marshall Valvestate VS15R practice amp