Poll Options
View poll results: I am
Team Lena
3 18%
Team Dog Shelter
14 82%
Voters: 17.
Page 1 of 2
http://www.barstoolsports.com/barstoolu/lena-dunham-returns-her-adopted-dog-to-the-shelter-after-four-years-shelter-proceeds-to-rip-her-a-new-asshole/

From Lena:

A lot of you have been asking where Lamby is these days since he's always been the star of my gram and I've been posting pics of my poodle girls. Well, you know honesty is my jam but this one has been really heartbreaking to talk about. But I feel I have to share that last March, after four years of challenging behavior and aggression that could not be treated with training or medication or consistent loving dog ownership, Lamby went to live at an amazing professional facility in Los Angeles @matt_thezendog where an awesome person named @therealdanishay (who is educated in a rescue dog's specific trauma) loves him so hard. Lamby suffered terrible abuse as a pup that made having him in a typical home environment dangerous to him and others- we needed to be responsible to ourselves, our neighbors and especially our beloved boy.

Jack and I will miss him forever but sometimes when you love something you have to let it go (especially when it requires tetanus shots and stitches.) Someday I'll really write about the pain and relief of letting Lamby go off and really be Lamby, biting and peeing in his own mouth and all. There were so many lessons in it, about forgiving myself and loving with an open palm and giving in to a larger plan. Shout out to @jennikonner for listening to endless hours of Lamby pain, and especially my partner @jackantonoff for loving him even when he ruined floors and couches and our life. Jack knows what Lamby means to me and he let me come to the decision in my own time even when it made his days challenging. Susan & Karen will never be my first loves, but they are fuzzy and hilarious stuffing for the hole Lamby left and we cherish them deeply ❤️#lamby #thefirstcutisthedeepest #foreverlamb

PS If you have a similar situation, please know its possible to responsibly re-home your rescue rather than sending them back into the shelter system. It can require patience, diligence and often a financial contribution but there are solutions that leave everyone happy and safe. You will always have been your dog's first stop outside shelter life and that's beautiful.

From the Dog Shelter:

A spokesperson for BARC Shelter in Brooklyn — where Dunham adopted Lamby in January 2013 before going on to make the dog a star by detailing his adoption in a New Yorker article, showing him off in magazine spreads like Vogue, and spotlighting him on her Instagram feed — has a different story though. For starters, the pet didn’t have a long history of abuse prior to Lena bringing him home. “We checked the records for Lamby,” Robert Vazquez told Yahoo Celebrity via email. “He was ‘owner surrendered, not enough time,’ so we do not know where she got ‘multiple owners that abused the dog.’” (In her New Yorker piece from March 2013, Dunham said the dog had “three other homes, three other names, but now he’s mine mine mine.” ) At the time of his adoption by the star, the dog was just 1 “nearing 2-years-old” — and he didn’t have a history of being aggressive.

“When she adopted the dog from us, it wasn’t crazy,” Vazquez continued. “I have pictures of the dog loving on Lena and her mom, which is weird if the dog was abused. It wouldn’t be cuddling with her or be in the bed with her ‘boyfriend’ in the pages of Vogue.” (Lamby appeared with Lena in a 2014 Vogue spread, which also featuring her co-star Adam Driver. The dog, which seemed like a trained pro, was with the pair on city streets, in bed, and chilling with the pair in the bathroom.) Vazquez says he personally was there “the four times Lena visited Lamby” prior to the adoption “because I’ve been in-charge of the dogs for the last 14-15 years at BARC. If Lamby had a bad past or was abused, do you think BARC would have adopted him to Lena knowing she’s a new star and put her — or the dog — in that situation? We would have told her if the dog had issues. We are a no-kill shelter. We don’t lie about the dogs’ histories because that gets them returned — and mentally it’s not good for dogs.

The BARC rep said, “It’s just hard to believe the dog was nasty when she took Lamby to every green room with her when Girls was still a thing 4 years ago.”

Are you Team Lena or Team Dog Shelter?
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Last edited by bradulator at Jul 9, 2017,
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I mean, it's Lena Dunham. We're talking about one of the worst people in popular culture who hasn't murdered anyone yet.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Gabriel Fauré

You throw like a girl. A girl who is great at baseball and has a fiery passion for the sport.
Can she stop existing already?
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
She a bitch, and I ain't talkin bout the dog

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
i mean i guess i'm curious who if anyone in the pit would take lena dunham's side
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Team dog since the dog never molested anyone
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils
Team dog since the dog never molested anyone

And if it did it was probably just a leg.

You throw like a girl. A girl who is great at baseball and has a fiery passion for the sport.
youre missing the part where she posted a pic of her bleeding from the ass because the dog bit her up the ass

Quote by MinterMan22
youre missing the part where she posted a pic of her bleeding from the ass because the dog bit her up the ass

No, most women have that once in a while.

brad pls
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I mean, it's Lena Dunham. We're talking about one of the worst people in popular culture who hasn't murdered anyone yet.

Yes but if she made a habit of making dogs aggressive and all that she might be murdered
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
this is one of the least interesting threads I've seen here
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Proving what a cunt she is.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
Quote by Wolfinator-x
No, most women have that once in a while.

baby now we've got butt blood

Idk who that is but based on these comments it sounds like she did the dog a favor.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
More like Lena Dumbham, am I right?
I have nothing important to say
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Idk who that is but based on these comments it sounds like she did the dog a favor.

She is basically human garbage who is the most whiny brat ever to grace social media, all under the guise of feminism.

For example, when Trump got elected, she gave an interview where she shared the "Trump diet" where she lost a lot of weight because she was so worried about Trump being elected. I mean, the dude's clearly a dickhead, but she's so detached from reality its hard to take her seriously.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica
She is basically human garbage who is the most whiny brat ever to grace social media, all under the guise of feminism.

For example, when Trump got elected, she gave an interview where she shared the "Trump diet" where she lost a lot of weight because she was so worried about Trump being elected. I mean, the dude's clearly a dickhead, but she's so detached from reality its hard to take her seriously.

I forgot that was a thing, thanks for the reminder
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

I had a friend who took in a rescue dog who after 2 years of training and expensive private dog classes was still a complete terror who was going to eventually rip someone apart - there's no reason to submit yourself to that kind of insanity on a daily basis.

She tried for 4 years - I say she made the right decision. Maybe she sucks at raising dogs, most people do.

It's not like she abandoned the dog in a field people! The dog's fine, she's fine, everyone's fine. 

Lena's a nut, but she can write damn good dialogue. 
srry but who gives a shit its not like she left him by the side of the road

she is a lying little shit tho.
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
laid-to-waste
She may not have left the dog by the side of the road, but said dog was confirmed as not having aggression issues before it came into her care. Unless the dog has some sort of mental damage, that is definitely caused by shitty ownership, and as the dog has had 2 owners, and one of them gave up a dog that was able to be rehomed with no issues of aggression, I'd say Lena Dunham should never be let near a canine ever again.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

1. who's lena dunham
2. why should i care as long as the dog is ok
Send her to a dog shelter tbh tbh
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
kalypto
Because the dog was okay
Then she had it for four years and slowly the dog became less okay and then not okay at all, more than likely because she can't take care of a dog and now she's blaming the nonexistent former owners
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Last edited by Pastafarian96 at Jul 10, 2017,
Quote by Pastafarian96
kalypto
Because the dog was okay
Then she had it for four years and slowly the dog became less okay and then not okay at all, more than likely because she can't take care of a dog and now she's blaming the nonexistent former owners

oh ok well she's a garbage human being then 
Quote by reverb66
I had a friend who took in a rescue dog who after 2 years of training and expensive private dog classes was still a complete terror who was going to eventually rip someone apart - there's no reason to submit yourself to that kind of insanity on a daily basis. 
The whole point is that the dog wasn't any sort of a terror before meeting Lena Dunham, unless you choose to believe Lena Dunham.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by K33nbl4d3
The whole point is that the dog wasn't any sort of a terror before meeting Lena Dunham, unless you choose to believe Lena Dunham.

I believe most people can't handle dogs and raising one properly seems very difficult.  Maybe the dog became a terror before or after,  I don't know. The dog was abandoned in the first place, so that has to say something.  Sometimes dogs just turn crazy over time.  Either way, she couldn't handle that dog so her course of action seems reasonable.  I think it's a stretch to conclude she abused the dog based on zero evidence or the shelter trying to save face. Maybe the dog was perfectly normal at the shelter and then became some psycho alpha at her house because she didn't know how to assert herself properly.

I thought only conservative trump lovers hated her. But then again I don't know much about her and never heard of that sexual assault thing. I don't think this is a big deal but I could see trump making some tweet bashing her about this.
>people are on her side

Gross.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
We had a dog that couldn't be trained. My parents gave him away on my birthday.
First I am not a fan of Lena Dunham.

Second other than alledgedly lying about the reason she gave up the dog at least she took it somewhere where it can be found a new home.

Now as far as being the right thing to do I can't say that it was having lived with them for 4 years that dog is going to be traumatized and wondering where it's owner is, giving up a puppy once you realise you can't handle it is one thing but taking a dog into your home for 4 years and then getting rid of it just seems wrong I can only imagine what my dog would think if I suddenly dropped him off at a shelter after having him for 9 years.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Jul 10, 2017,
never team Lena
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by chev311e
I thought only conservative trump lovers hated her. But then again I don't know much about her and never heard of that sexual assault thing.
i mean it's not just that she molested her baby sister and then bragged about it in her book, it's also that she's insufferable and presents a taylor swift-esque self-centred half-assed feminism as the last word on being a decent person

"And by the way, if you were a little kid and never looked at another little kid’s vagina, well, congrats to you" - a real tweet she made
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Jul 10, 2017,
Quote by kalypto
1. who's lena dunham
2. why should i care as long as the dog is ok

1. Pretty much the textbook "I'm not really a feminist, I just play one on TV" type who pretends to have the moral high ground by hiding behind the label of feminist. She's an actress but she's known mostly for being a terrible individual with no moral compass (she famously admitted to/bragged about molesting her little sister when they were kids and has made racist remarks about black people).

2. You're gonna hear a lot about her in the future.

I think Crab my dog be the sourest-natured dog that lives: my mother weeping, my father wailing, my sister crying, our maid howling, our cat wringing her hands, and all our house in a great perplexity, yet did not this cruel-hearted cur shed one tear. He is a stone, a very pibble stone, and has no more pity in him than a dog. A Jew would have wept to have seen our parting. Why, my grandam, having no eyes, look you, wept herself blind at my parting. Nay, I’ll show you the manner of it. This shoe is my father. No, this left shoe is my father; no, no, this left shoe is my mother. Nay, that cannot be so neither. Yes, it is so, it is so; it hath the worser sole. This shoe with the hole in it is my mother; and this my father. A vengeance on ’t, there ’tis! Now sir, this staff is my sister, for, look you, she is as white as a lily and as small as a wand. This hat is Nan, our maid. I am the dog. No, the dog is himself, and I am the dog. O, the dog is me, and I am myself. Ay, so, so. Now come I to my father: “Father, your blessing.” Now should not the shoe speak a word for weeping. Now should I kiss my father. Well, he weeps on. Now come I to my mother. O, that she could speak now like a wold woman! Well, I kiss her. Why, there ’tis; here’s my mother’s breath up and down. Now come I to my sister. Mark the moan she makes! Now the dog all this while sheds not a tear nor speaks a word. But see how I lay the dust with my tears.
Page 1 of 2