I've been allover the internet and not found a single answer for this one:
How in the hell do i make it so that i can use sofware like EZDrummer 2 and Amplitube together with Studio One 3?

Thanks in advance!

[Edit]
Oh i'm on windows 7 64-bit, if that helps any?
Last edited by Mr.Muppio at Jul 10, 2017,
Well, first you need the full version of Studio One as it's the only version that supports 3rd party VSTs (or you can buy the option in SO3 Artist).

From there it's as simple as telling SO3 where to find your VSTs. There's a section in your preferences/options to set folder locations for VSTs.
Quote by Watterboy
Do you have any dilithium crystals or fresh warm dumps for sale
Quote by the chemist
Well, first you need the full version of Studio One as it's the only version that supports 3rd party VSTs (or you can buy the option in SO3 Artist).

From there it's as simple as telling SO3 where to find your VSTs. There's a section in your preferences/options to set folder locations for VSTs.

Thought it might be something like that.
Yeah, i'm on SO3 Artist, got the software with the Presonus Audiocard.
Guess i'll have to wait even longer to make horrible music then :-)
Thanks for the reply.
Mr.Muppio I'd highly suggest either just using Reaper, or giving Mixcraft a try. 
Mixcraft's fairly cheap at $89 (with the top version with loads of bundled VSTs $179), has a 14 day trial, and has a similar kind of feel to Studio One and Logic IMO. Oh, and EZDrummer (and any other third party VST) works pretty flawlessly even in the trial.

I kinda like it.
Quote by CorrosionMedia
Mr.Muppio I'd highly suggest either just using Reaper, or giving Mixcraft a try. 
Mixcraft's fairly cheap at $89 (with the top version with loads of bundled VSTs $179), has a 14 day trial, and has a similar kind of feel to Studio One and Logic IMO. Oh, and EZDrummer (and any other third party VST) works pretty flawlessly even in the trial.

I kinda like it.

I appreciate the tips, thank you.
I'm new to this so i'll be fumbling in the dark for a bit :-)
^ Mixcraft doesn't have the same feel as Logic or S1 by long stretch. It is budget software but you can use it.
Also - there's free Tracktion T5 as well:
https://www.tracktion.com/products/t5-daw

Wait for S1 upgrades - sign up to their newsletter, they run specials all the time. I have the full S1 and so far it has been the best DAW I've used. I am still on v. 2 as I haven't needed to upgrade but got my S1 v.3 upgrade for under $100 around Christmas last year.
Quote by diabolical
^ Mixcraft doesn't have the same feel as Logic or S1 by long stretch. It is budget software but you can use it.
Also - there's free Tracktion T5 as well:
https://www.tracktion.com/products/t5-daw

Wait for S1 upgrades - sign up to their newsletter, they run specials all the time. I have the full S1 and so far it has been the best DAW I've used. I am still on v. 2 as I haven't needed to upgrade but got my S1 v.3 upgrade for under $100 around Christmas last year.

Good points on the sales and such.
I'll +1 diabolical... I've switched to S1 and won't be going back anytime soon. The editing leaves a bit to be desired, but it's such a smooth experience.
Quote by Watterboy
Do you have any dilithium crystals or fresh warm dumps for sale
Me too.

I recommend S1. I'm on V3, with Superior Drummer. No problems.
I tried a few different DAWs, didn't mind Reaper, but S1 won out. Very easy to get the hang of.
Been using it since V1, and wouldn't bother looking for anything else, it has far greater capabilities than me.  
I don't want to revive a dead thread but I just wanted to say that there is other cheap and really good software you can use, equivalents to Reaper if you will.
Ardour http://ardour.org/ is a "free" DAW you can use to record or program about anything on about any home platform. It's virtually limitless like Reaper. Though ofc you can donate to the creators.
Podium https://zynewave.com/podium/ is a DAW that has demo/free/paid modes. Pretty similar to Pro Tools imo. The full version is only $50 USD, but the free version is pretty useful as well, since it has little restrictions.
and ofc FL Studio has it's demo where the only restriction is loading saved projects. You can probably score a used copy online for half the market price.

I've tried every DAW I've been able to get my hands on and despite the learning curves, you can do about the same on each of them. 
My only issue is that it has crashed on me a couple times, but that was due to a plugin crashing and me using an old laptop with limited resources. I've programmed drums and several guitars on it, it's definitely worth a try.
I actually went thru a phase where I wanted to ditch Windows and Mac, when I finally transitioned to Win7 after Mac dropped support for their older Motorola processor PCs. So I gave Linux a try and couldn't get anything to work as reliable as either of the two OSes. So I went to Windows eventually. None of the Linux music distros worked right and the software was bug laden. Some of these DAWs have now become paid offerings which is sad because I don't think it is wide enough demand.
The most reliable on Linux was energy-XT which for some reason stagnated. It was a Linux, Mac and Windows software.