Little background:

Bought a tape deck that seems to be "out of tune" (or simply broken) in  the sense that when I put a tape in, you can hear the sound feedback in  such a way that it starts playing backwards. I thought this would be  great to feed into a mixer as an aux send.

The problem is that I don't have a dedicated power amplifier - I have a  Yamaha EMX512sc which can power the Yamaha S115V monitor. Recently I  traded some equipment I bought for a lot of equipment some guy was  selling and ended up scoring an Allen and Heath GL2200!

I'm wondering, is there any way to have the Yamaha EMX512sc act as just  as a power amplifier for my A&HGL2200? How would I go about doing  this? I would just have to feed the 'Main' left and right channels of  the A&H into two inputs (or two channels) of my Yamaha powered mixer  right? Or is there another routing option better suited or am I just  overthinking this? It doesn't seem like my Yamaha EMX512c has separate  aux sends (aux buses is the correct terminology here right) unless  someone can clarify to me that it does?

I bought the A&H really just because I wanted to 'future proof'  myself, but my goal is to simply use the aux sends to use random pieces  of equipment for experimentation because I have a Liquid Saffire 56 that  I use to connect with my DAW.

Say I wanted to connect everything from within my Liquid Saffire 56 into  this mixer that's daisy chained; I'd just route a signal from my DAW  into a channel on my mixer so I could listen to this without headphones  right?

Thanks, I'm just confused on the basics mostly because I've never had to  deal with a mixer + separate power amp or even a mixer with aux sends  before.
L&R output from A&H > L&R Main Aux input on your EMX
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
This might be a dumb question but.. Does my EMX actually have L&R Main 'Aux Input'? Are you referring to maybe a channel that has Line left and right (such as 5/6 on the EMX mixer)?

In the scenario that it doesn't, I'd be okay using just two channels if all I wanted to do was hear the aux sends and returns from the A&H right? I tried to see if I could post a picture of the mixer.. It won't let me though.

REALLY appreciate the info!

You "can" just use 2 input channels, it just adds potential noise.  Post a pic of front and back of your EMX to be sure but nearly every Yam mixer has Aux inputs.  Aux in would be cleaner and avoid possible gain stacking issues.

Edit:  Found it on Sam Ash.  No Main Aux inputs    Just use 2 line in input strips and get the gain exactly right, flat EQ.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Jul 10, 2017,