So I was intending to use this software called Amplitube 4 on my laptop to record my guitar directly into the DAW (Accoustica Mixcraft 8)(yes, I'm a beginner).
The link was a cheap USB external soundcard and a 1/4" to 3.5mm adapter with cables.

I had to face a lot of noise..
The noise was in sync (almost) with the LED that was blinking on the Soundcard. When the LED was blinking on, then a hum 'blink' was there and it went away when the led went off.

Take note that my guitar is a cheap strat imitation.

I want to ask if I get one of those (cheap ones) guitar 'links' , will that hum go away?

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01DLVKMZ2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_4.qzzbYSZSNHP
So you have single coils and probably arent using 60hz reduction or a noise gate in amplitube so whats the problem? Single coils will be noisy. Do you have a clip of your issues?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Hum being present when the led lights on the interface doesn't sound like a single coil noise issue.  Single coils suffer from induced noise from the environment (i.e. radiated noise).  This sounds like induced noise by the USB interface.  If you are using a laptop, try running it off the batteries instead of the power supply and see if that makes a difference.
I've had that same one years ago. It worked but it was a little noisy. White noise, hum. Actually if your current external card is noisy, then this one won't really help. It's pretty cheap too . Some interfaces like those are already noisy regardless of single coil or humbuckers.
Last edited by jedigovnaUG at Jul 11, 2017,
Quote by fly135
Hum being present when the led lights on the interface doesn't sound like a single coil noise issue.  Single coils suffer from induced noise from the environment (i.e. radiated noise).  This sounds like induced noise by the USB interface.  If you are using a laptop, try running it off the batteries instead of the power supply and see if that makes a difference.

Could be. I've never used the interface so I can't speak for what the LEDs mean so if the interface is causing it, that's fair dos. 
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
 1/4" to 3.5mm adapter  

So you were plugging in to your laptop's mic input?  Don't.

Go here:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1658707
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
That interface you are asking about is so cheap that almost anything is better. Those sell for about $15 here . I bought one years back when I first got into Guitar Rig and amplitube software. They barely work and sound muddy, they're noisy too and poorly built. Read their reviews. They always hum and hiss even on clean settings . Just get your self an interface like this Behringer linked below . When I first upgraded from that guitar link to a decent interface , the difference in quality was huge. Even this behringer would be 10 times better.

BEHRINGER U-PHORIA UM2 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EK1OTZC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_nuIzzb4F9E56M
I use a Guitar Link I bought cheap off of Amazon, It had a lot of noise like you're describing, moved guitar and cable away from all electrical cords and it got somewhat better, Got a more expensive guitar cable "Monster" and the noise has gone away altogether, and I'm using a First Act ME315 guitar, so if it works pretty musch anything should, also I use both Amplitude and Guitar Rig
Last edited by gpculbreth at Jul 23, 2017,