Ok, i dont know if this is the right place to post this, but i have a SG G400 from Epiphone, and i'm wanting to change the strings to 0.11. It is now 0.09, it was 0.10 for almost a year and i want to know if i change to 0.11 strings, will i have any problem with the guitar ? Thx !
yes, because of the increased string tension you will likely need a setup and nut slots filed to fit the heavier strings
The SG 400 I've owned had 0.11s on it; that sort of guitars can handle heavier gauges just fine but you'll surely need to get the nut slots filed, the strings pretty much got stuck on it.
'07 Jackson Pro Dinky DK2M (MIJ)
Squier Strat SE
Marshall Valvestate VS15R practice amp
Quote by andre.fontes.es
The SG 400 I've owned had 0.11s on it; that sort of guitars can handle heavier gauges just fine but you'll surely need to get the nut slots filed, the strings pretty much got stuck on it.

You dont think it will change the action or intonation al all???
kentrockwell those will change for sure, even though it might seem a small increment when you look at the numbers, they'll put much more tension on your guitar than your current strings do. What I mean saying the guitar will handle them just fine is that SGs have thicker, wider necks, while if you put them on a superstrat with its much thinner neck, it could lead to some issues over time - Fender, for example, says using anything above 10s voids the warranty of your guitar - but nevertheless you'll always need to do a setup after changing string gauge.

The guitar I had came with those already when I bought it (I personally don't really like strings above 0.11 because they really hurt the fingers when soloing and eat up the frets in no time that way) so the nut thing was the most obvious issue. Anyways, I'd recommend you to get it replaced anyways if you plan on keeping it, that's what I would've done.

P.S.: Years ago I experimented with string gauges. On a Strat. I don't really recommend going that heavy, the 3 trem springs couldn't even handle them, but they had the advantage of lasting a lot longer. Ended up sticking to 10s and now back to 09s.
'07 Jackson Pro Dinky DK2M (MIJ)
Squier Strat SE
Marshall Valvestate VS15R practice amp
Last edited by andre.fontes.es at Jul 14, 2017,
You will certainly need to tighten the truss rod and you might need to adjust your action too.  You probably won't need to adjust anything else because most modern guitar come stock with 10's  and are built to accommodate 1 step up or down.  There is, however, a small chance that you will need to widen the nut slots but I doubt that will be an issue.  You will know the nut needs adjusting if tuning stability becomes an issue. 
Not taking any online orders.