Is it just me or that is getting way out of hand? I believe it began with golden smartphones, then to golden clothing (shoes and whatnot), golden watches and other cheap jewelry and now we even have a freaking golden PS4? I personally find it so tasteless but to each their own, however isn't it becoming just way too much? Is there even someone that enjoys that kind of stuff around here to tell me the admiration for golden stuff besides because that's what everyone else goes for as well?
'07 Jackson Pro Dinky DK2M (MIJ)
Squier Strat SE
Marshall Valvestate VS15R practice amp
What you need is a gold amp
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

mfw the First Dynasty kings said that gold would be a fad
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
tfw you are buried in a box made a gold and that box is in another box made of gold and that box is in a room lined with gold and that room is filled with stuff made of gold
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
when you crossed the ocean just cause you heard that cities in Mexico have streets paved in gold
Trump's America
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
When golden showers become trendy, then we'll talk.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Maybe they're right and you're wrong? They don't have to prove shit to you, they can afford gold covered stuff.

I don't mean actually gold covered stuff, what I mean is golden colored stuff. It seems most people around love it wherever that's a color option for some object.

Usually people wealthy enough to afford actual gold plated/bathed things don't do so and wear gold on a proper more discreet and classy way (except Dubai and Saudi Arabia rich people, new riches and such). What I mean is the fad of picking golden colored stuff that I really can't get the appeal of.
Squier Strat SE
Quote by andre.fontes.es
I don't mean actually gold covered stuff, what I mean is golden colored stuff. It seems most people around love it wherever that's a color option for some object.

Usually people wealthy enough to afford actual gold plated/bathed things don't do so and wear gold on a proper more discreet and classy way (except Dubai and Saudi Arabia rich people, new riches and such). What I mean is the fad of picking golden colored stuff that I really can't get the appeal of.

the French would like a word with you

Putting gold on things to make it look flashy is nothing new by a long shot....
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Yes indeed sounds like they like the gold color. That is ok. You don't like thing, that is ok too. My advise is don't let it bother too much because it doesn't really matter.
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
i_lovemetallica with cheapo jewelry and watches (not talking about gold plated Rolex's or gold jewelry, that's a different talk) it was always fairly common, but I don't think it was popular with utility objects. Ever since phone companies introduced golden as a color option most people around choose it, even laptops are getting it as a color option as well and as I referred, even Sony came to the point of releasing a golden PS4.

ElMaco indeed. I think anyone liking golden stuff could point out weird tastes of mine, soo

It's not a matter of bothering me, as long as those stuff have other color options besides golden for me to choose I'm ok, my point is that it's clearly becoming more and more popular and mainstream yet I personally fail to see it's appeal.
Squier Strat SE
Last edited by andre.fontes.es at Jul 12, 2017,
andre.fontes.es How's it any different to people getting gold lamps and nightstands? Just a different object, same intent.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
i think it started with the iphone although i'm not sure 

i think it looks good on phones tbh 
drdoom8793I guess you failed to read the last paragraph of my last post though.
Squier Strat SE
People like gold because it looks pretty and its also a symbol of wealth....its like people who wear fake pearls, same scenario really.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Gold/chrome combo is where it's at.

Last edited by whoomit at Jul 12, 2017,
Ghastly. 

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
I hear there's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by andre.fontes.es
Is it just me or that is getting way out of hand? I believe it began with golden smartphones, then to golden clothing (shoes and whatnot), golden watches and other cheap jewelry and now we even have a freaking golden PS4? I personally find it so tasteless but to each their own, however isn't it becoming just way too much? Is there even someone that enjoys that kind of stuff around here to tell me the admiration for golden stuff besides because that's what everyone else goes for as well?
ok so what
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
The golden thing has been around for way to long to call it a fad.  Way back in 1996 Nintendo had the golden 64 (way before the PS4), gold colored flashy clothes shoes etc I know were around back in the 70s-80s.  Gold colored cars motorcycles and gold rims etc have been around forever.  Gold plated guns, I know Saddam Hussein had some, gold jewelry has been around for thousands of years.  I also remember seeing gold colored cell phones and pagers back in the 90's and early 00's and what about C-3PO back in the 70's.  So long story short, golden colored things have been popular for a long long time, it's nothing new.  
Quote by Evilnine
I hear there's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold.

ONLY SHOOTING STAAAARS BREAK THE MOOOLD
Quote by andre.fontes.es
drdoom8793I guess you failed to read the last paragraph of my last post though.

I don't think you read this entire thread

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Quote by TheChaz
ONLY SHOOTING STAAAARS BREAK THE MOOOLD

I was thinking Stairway to Heaven but I suppose Smashmouth will work
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge