alright Im going to be playing a wampler tripple wreck distortion pedal with one of these two babies. I heard someone play van halen out off the peavey classic and I thought it sounded pretty good. Mostly ill be playing metal slayer, pantera, megadeth, metallica but I also want to play van halen and acdc. Which amp would be a better choice the peavey classic 50 or marshall dsl40c.
Of the two choices, I would recommend the DSL40c. It will give you the AC/DC like tones and I guess (never used the triple wreck pedal) you can use the pedal for hi gain. 
The peavey makes a great clean platform and can get ac/dc tones. If you are playing mostly metal then why not get an amp that does that without pedals?
I have a Classic 30 head, which isn't quite the same thing as a Classic 50, but close.  I wouldn't recommend it for the sounds you listed, except for AC/DC (it'll do a great job for that).  Don't get me wrong, the Peavey Classic series is a great choice for certain sounds, but as a metal player myself I can verify that it just doesn't get the job done after hard rock.  It isn't necessarily about gain, either -- it just isn't tight enough nor ballsy enough on chugs and palm mutes.  Letting crunchy chords ring out, it sounds awesome, but for fast, technical riffs AKA thrash like you mentioned, it just won't do a satisfactory job.  I've also found that for lead playing, even boosted by an OD pedal, it just can't do the "liquidy," smooth lead runs the way a higher gain, more saturated amp will.

I'd go DSL40C in this case; it's much more suitable for the job.  Personally, I wouldn't run it with a distortion pedal for those sounds -- I'd boost it with an OD pedal such as a Boss SD-1 and rely on the amp's gain (which is plenty for Slayer and those other bands when boosted).  That amp is already voiced correctly for those genres, it just needs the slight boost/saturation/tightening effect of a good OD pedal. 
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Quote by KailM

I'd go DSL40C in this case; it's much more suitable for the job.  Personally, I wouldn't run it with a distortion pedal for those sounds -- I'd boost it with an OD pedal such as a Boss SD-1 and rely on the amp's gain (which is plenty for Slayer and those other bands when boosted).  That amp is already voiced correctly for those genres, it just needs the slight boost/saturation/tightening effect of a good OD pedal. 

+1 but nitpick suggesting tube screamer over the SD-1. 
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
DSL40CST.
www.facebook.com/yourbadinfluence
Quote by Maidenheadsteve
+1 but nitpick suggesting tube screamer over the SD-1. 

I'll raise your tubescreamer and recommend an MXR Custom Modified Badass OD.   It's based on the Boss SD-1 circuit, but is less noisy and *important* features a 100hz (bass) knob in addition to the standard "tone" knob.  It also has a "bump" switch that shifts the whole EQ spectrum downwards for more lows and mids.  I bought one about 4 years ago and practically never touched my TS-9 again.

But the reason I recommended an SD-1 in my last post is that with the asymmetrical clipping, it adds just a hint of "grind" and aggression above and beyond what a tubescreamer will do.  Tubescreamers are a bit smoother.  It's not a huge difference, admittedly, but for the thrash bands he listed I think an SD-1 (or clone) would add the icing to the cake.
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
DSL40C with a Creamback speaker as 8Len8 suggested. But I would use a tubescreamer to boost the signal. I have an SD-1 clone that is simply not good enough. I have other overdrives but none do the trick with a dirty amp like the TS9 does to tighten up the low end and push the mids for a great tone.
Quote by KailM
I'll raise your tubescreamer and recommend an MXR Custom Modified Badass OD.  

In that case I'll raise you this:

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
^^Well-played.  Still need to try one of those.  Feature-wise, they are pretty close.  One thing that I've sworn off forever are OD pedals with only one control for tone -- hence my displeasure with most tubescreamers.  
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Quote by KailM
^^Well-played.  Still need to try one of those.  Feature-wise, they are pretty close.  One thing that I've sworn off forever are OD pedals with only one control for tone -- hence my displeasure with most tubescreamers.  

I mean, really what I meant when I said Tube screamer was clones of tube screamers with more than one knob. Green Rhino, Duncan 805, Wampler Clarksdale. End result's the same. Personally using the 805 as the boost/tone shaper to my drive channel and a rhino as a solo boost, I find the former just a bit tighter/not as woolly.  I don't like the idea of preset mids and just a single tone knob either. 

Wish I meddled with the Bump knob of the Custom badass a bit more when I had it, not too big a fan without it engaged though.   
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Last edited by Maidenheadsteve at Jul 14, 2017,
Quote by Maidenheadsteve

Wish I meddled with the Bump knob of the Custom badass a bit more when I had it, not too big a fan without it engaged though.   

The Bump button varies with the guitar and amp I'm using.  With my 6505s, I don't engage the bump switch, as it adds a bit too much low-end and things can get a little muddy/loose.  On my Classic 30, I really enjoy the bump switch engaged and even then setting the 100hz knob at about 1 o'clock (I find that at noon, the 100hz knob is kind of at a standard OD bass-cut level -- moving it past noon actually starts adding bass back into the signal.)  I've found the bump switch to also help on guitars/pickups that are overly bright or shrill with the amp being used.
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Quote by Maidenheadsteve
I mean, really what I meant when I said Tube screamer was clones of tube screamers with more than one knob. Green Rhino, Duncan 805, Wampler Clarksdale. End result's the same. Personally using the 805 as the boost/tone shaper to my drive channel and a rhino as a solo boost, I find the former just a bit tighter/not as woolly.  I don't like the idea of preset mids and just a single tone knob either. 

Yeah, active EQ on any TS-like pedal is a huge improvement. 
Dave @ Seymour Duncan