Hello everybody,

I am considering buyng a used Great Divide SSB-SB prettty cheap. But i never heard of them.

Does any of you have any experince with this guitar brand and if so, is it any good?

I am only buying the guitar to jam at home for myself. It will not be used live or anything like that.
 - I am also still a beginner/intermediate guitar player. :-)

Thanks in advance.

Greetings from Denmark :-)
Well Mr. Denmark, greetings from the USA.

I'm including the Wiki page about the "great Divide: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Divide So you / I / we, will know where the guitar got its name.

In any case, there are 3 possibilities:
1 The guitar is a custom built instrument, constructed by someone who uses  "Great Divide" as his (or her), brand. (Least likely, but not impossible).

2 The guitae is an OEM built for a specific store, or chain of stores, as their "house brand". (That prevents comparison shopping, and is more likely)

3 The guitars distribution isn't world wide, but rather perhaps limited to Scandinavian countries. (Not unlikely)

or 4, a combination of numbers 2 & 3.

Assuming it plays well, and the price isn't unreasonable, you should concentrate on whether you like the sound it makes, it is comfortable to play. And very important, is there enough saddle showing to bring the action down to a decent playable height, should that become necessary.

But seriously. buying used acoustic guitars can be a treacherous undertaking. My best advice is, take someone who is completely familiar with the setup process and acoustic guitars in general, to advise you further.

There is a small chance you might find information of the guitar here:  http://jedistar.com  Best I can do.

Last edited by Captaincranky at Jul 12, 2017,
Hello CaptainCranky, 

Thank you for your reply.

I been doing som reading on the brand "Great Divide". It was a brand that Bedell Guitars (two old hippies) Had before there where making Bedell guitars. 

I found very few reviews of this guitar but they all say the same. It is a very good guitar for the price. 

I am going tomorrow to try it. I will read up on what i have to look for when buying a used acoustic. Although, the woman who are selling it, claims it has not yet been used. It is a guitar from here husbands Musicshop before they had to close it. They just did not sell it before the shop closed.
 - The guitar itself is from 2010.
Last edited by anders127 at Jul 12, 2017,