I could score a 30 GB one off Amazon for $80 right now, with video abilities and everything. It had the sleekest, most user-friendly software, and it feels so much better in the hand with more intuitive controls than that overpriced apple junk.

How could people be so dumb as to pay hundreds of dollars more for a worse product? Just because of the ads with silhouettes dancing to indie songs in front of boring, one-color backgrounds? Maybe humans are getting stupider over time...
"with video abilities"

Sounds like a 1980's kids cartoon/toy advert.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Apple doesn't bombard my inbox with ads, or sell my info to ad agencies

And I bought my iPhone for £136 new, 32gb of storage, and it's a phone as well as a mp4player/music player
It did though...?

P sure it was the sheet back in the day. It just got outdone pretty quickly. Bad timing, if you ask me.

Never owned a Zune, but I'm pretty sure it didn't hold a candle to the old iPod/iPod Touches at the time.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Jul 12, 2017,
Well, look at it this way, the Zune was retarded enough that it bricked itself for 24 hours at the very start of 2009, because it's clock drivers couldn't handle the super-rare and unanticipated event of IT BEING A LEAP YEAR.

And then there's the squircle controls from 2nd gen. If the visuals look lke a kid from the bus with strawberry flavoured windows came up with it, you're in trouble stacked against Apple's cleaner, less fucking developmentally challenged design.
Quote by Diemon Dave
The iPod was already well on its way to dominating the market by the time Zune gained any traction whatsoever.
Free Ali
Free Lard
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Well, look at it this way, the Zune was retarded enough that it bricked itself for 24 hours at the very start of 2009, because it's clock drivers couldn't handle the super-rare and unanticipated event of IT BEING A LEAP YEAR.

And then there's the squircle controls from 2nd gen. If the visuals look lke a kid from the bus with strawberry flavoured windows came up with it, you're in trouble stacked against Apple's cleaner, less fucking developmentally challenged design.

Rather a minor bug than an overpriced hipster brick that can explode in 2009. I had a Zune through that time period and I don't remember any such leap year bug.

Don't knock the squircle until you've tried it. As if I'd want finger smudges on the screen anyway (probably more easily crackable on the apple). A dirty machine for dirty people...
i was very jealous of my friend's zune back in high school bc it had audiosurf on it, and my shitty iphone didn't
Quote by Fat Lard
Rather a minor bug than an overpriced hipster brick that can explode in 2009. I had a Zune through that time period and I don't remember any such leap year bug.

Don't knock the squircle until you've tried it. As if I'd want finger smudges on the screen anyway (probably more easily crackable on the apple). A dirty machine for dirty people...

I take it you don't have a smartphone either, then?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by kalypto
can it play flac files?

no well fuck off then

Why would I want to play budget ass FLAC files when I can stream WMA Lossless, the only real lossless format. Only 16mb for a CD of that. Another example of a Jobs blower not knowing that superior tech is right under their noses
Quote by institutions
i was very jealous of my friend's zune back in high school bc it had audiosurf on it, and my shitty iphone didn't

God damn I miss that game. One of my favorite features on it
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would I want to play budget ass FLAC files when I can stream WMA Lossless, the only real lossless format. Only 16mb for a CD of that. Another example of a Jobs blower not knowing that superior tech is right under their noses

impossible
>superior tech
>using a device that's incorporated into newer tech as standard

Pleb

Also all you need is an Apple ID, apples version of a Microsoft account, and even that's only needed to use the App Store. I used my iPhone for a week literally out of the box before doing that. Another case of a mindless hater, hating on something they've never used

I only got my original iPhone because my aunt got an upgrade and gave her old one to me, because the android piece of shit I had died a month after the warranty expired (second time that happened, although the first was still somewhat usable with app work arounds). That iPhone lasted me as long as the androids had, and was already 3 years old when I got it

I lost all faith in Microsoft when the windows 10 forced update killed my laptop, i couldn't reset it without a serial key and seeing as the laptop came with 8.1 as standard I didn't have one. Microsoft killed my working laptop during my busiest uni semester, then all the data hoarding stuff came out and I had a good laugh as I was already using Linux by that point

Also there are far better, and cheaper, MP4 players than the zune. I considered getting a zune but they were already being blown out of the water by other mp4s. I had an x-fire something or other that had 32gb of internal memory and was £25 cheaper than the zune at the time. Plus it worked out of the box, you didn't need any accounts, just a computer to put music on it and it worked
Last edited by Bladez22 at Jul 12, 2017,
Quote by kalypto
impossible

A CD with a 2 minute song, but still a CD regardless.

>2017
>JUST getting tilt tech

Also wasn't zune Microsofts music streaming thing? I remember the 360 shoving a load of ads in my face about it back in the day, or were they advertising their own product on another one of their products? If so that's super lame

Also also the wii had tilt tech, it's hardly revolutionary
Last edited by Bladez22 at Jul 12, 2017,
Quote by Bladez22
Also wasn't zune Microsofts music streaming thing? I remember the 360 shoving a load of ads in my face about it back in the day, or were they advertising their own product on another one of their products? If so that's super lame
Same
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

Quote by Fat Lard

>2017
>JUST getting tilt tech
Also, not sure how serious, but iirc they've had that since 2012...?

Lardo man just delet this. The rage isn't worth it.
Quote by SGstriker

Quote by Joshua Garcia
Also, not sure how serious, but iirc they've had that since 2012...?

Lardo man just delet this. The rage isn't worth it.

You do remember that this is the same guy that bragged about being on a TV show... where he got rejected by the girl of his dreams. He probably brags about getting caught cheating on open note quizzes or getting fines for littering.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Who cares?

Everyone just uses Spotify now anyway
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by theogonia777
You do remember that this is the same guy that bragged about being on a TV show... where he got rejected by the girl of his dreams. He probably brags about getting caught cheating on open note quizzes or getting fines for littering.
Tbh I didn't even know he was on a tv show until a few days ago. Much less any of these details.
Quote by SGstriker

Quote by Joshua Garcia
Tbh I didn't even know he was on a tv show until a few days ago. Much less any of these details.

His face in the gif says it all really.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I still have my ipod classic
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
To this day, I find it hilarious that I was able to troll the Pit with a thread into thinking I was some random handsome, ige intelligent stud I found flipping through tv channels one day. And the great thing is that you guys will still think it's true, regardless of this post. Probably one of my best ruses
Quote by Fat Lard
To this day, I find it hilarious that I was able to troll the Pit with a thread into thinking I was some random handsome, ige intelligent stud I found flipping through tv channels one day. And the great thing is that you guys will still think it's true, regardless of this post. Probably one of my best ruses

lol i troll u lol

whatever you say Dane
Quote by Fat Lard

___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
My mom still has one. I loaded her songs when it first came out and she didn't need an update since
She listens to it on the bus, and uses mostly the radio, I think.
For the most part, I remember really hating the Zune software and the way you have to sync everything thru Microsoft software instead of just drag and drop on an external hard drive. I think there were people drinking the Apple coolaid at the time and usually those are for the most part users that can't be bothered to learn anything working in a different way, so it is only the Apple way.
The rest of the users, Windows and Linux, for the most part at that time had open players (I still do) that were attaching as a hard drive and you didn't need software to tell you what to do with it. M$ essentially locked themselves out of the Windows market with their Zune by making it closed format and forcing you to use its stupid software.
Quote by Fat Lard

My kid had one, and I do remember that bug.
I thought it was okay as far as MP3 players go. 
Name sucked ass. Might as well call it "kooltunez" or "kidz bop".
Quote by kalypto
can it play flac files?

no well fuck off then

This is the correct concern. I love my FiiO
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Would probably have helped if they had actually advertised it. Everyone remembers the iPod commercials because they were always on, don't recall a single zine ad.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

I always wanted a zune but never got a chance to get my hands on one, and by the time I was old enough to afford one, I got a hand-me-down 16 gig iPod. Never looked back. These days I use my iPhone to sync all my albums, and having everything in one place, one device makes life simpler.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by Rossenrot
I've had a Zune HD for 10 years and still use it every day. Love the goddamn thing.

Explains a lot, tbh.
Quote by Diemon Dave
i thought this was a weird thread to make.

then i saw it was a
..::fat
lard::..
thread
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
I use a 60GB iPod Video. First thing I did was install different firmware on it, so I just plug it in and drop files on it. And it plays FLAC. Finally replaced the internal battery earlier this year.