I have an Ibanez rg with a double locking tremelo.

About a decade ago it took a great fall and the fret board separated from the neck. It was still attached at the nut, and the far end of the neck.

Then I let the guitar hang on a guitar rack for a decade with a separated fret board, and no strings on it.

Now I just took it upon myself to fix it. I used minimal amount of high strength polyurethane wood glue and 4 small clamps to glue the heck down.

The procedure seem to go well. From a visual perspective it looks good as new. Unfortunately the neck is now warped.

I have significant fret buzzing on all strings around the 6th fret, while I have massive action up on the 15th fret, If you look down the neck you can see it is curved like a highway overpass.

I can remove the fret buzzing by adjusting the bridge really high, but then the higher notes at 15+ become unplayable.

So what are my options? I don't mind putting in some work. 

Could I force the neck back some how?

Could I plane the neck down and then reattach the fretboard?

Can I get a replacement neck somewhere? If so, what is a good option?

Thanks for any advice you can give me.
Warped necks are generally considered to be beyond repair so the best fix would be to get a new one.
I believe ibanez neck pockets are the same as telecaster ones but do double check that before you buy anything.

That said if you've got a broken neck and a plane you might as well try to fix it.
I guess if it's been a decade then the woods probably settled so first sand off any finish that's on it and any glue from the neck and the fretboard. Then plane the neck flat and lightly scratch it with coarse sandpaper (glue doesn't sink into smooth planed wood so well). If the truss rod is installed under the fretboard you'll need to make the channel deeper to compensate for the wood you took off with the plane, this can be done with a chisel or a dremel if you have one. The truss rod channel needs to be exactly the right depth, if its too shallow the fretboard won't fit on and if its too deep the truss rod will be loose and won't work. Put some masking tape over your truss rod to keep glue out of it (if your truss rod is installed in the back ignore all this). Then glue the fretboard on and when it's dry sand off any glue that squeezed out, sand the neck to your desired smoothness (240-320grit is probably smooth enough) and put some sanding sealer on it to minimise warping. Then lacquer it and you're done. And hopefully it stays straight
Last edited by xnameisonx at Jul 23, 2017,
By 'highway overpass' do you mean that the fretboard has a hump in the middle? I'm guessing so, as you've said that there is buzz on all strings. That's not warping. Warping is a twisting of the neck. Sounds like you simply need a proper setup. Take it to a luthier, and if they're a decent person they'll show you the process - truss rod adjustment, bridge adjustment etc.
Last edited by Deliriumbassist at Jul 23, 2017,
A picture would actually be quite helpful so we can see what you're dealing with
sounds like its an upward bow not "warped", to fix you would turn your truss rod clockwise, I turn a quarter turn at a time until I get it straight, depending on how easy it turns, I turn it then wait an hour then turn it again, don't know if I need to do that but have just always done it. I did it to one of mine today that had been sitting up for several years, The neck wasn't bowed when I put it up and it hasn't been touched just sitting there until I got it out today.