Page 1 of 3
Ok, so i've been thinking for a while (really since we started the New Music 20XX threads) that we should have one dedicated to older music that you pretty much just discovered.

So music from 2016 and back. Things you somehow missed out on until recently or otherwise didn't resonate with you until now. Not necessarily old as in age.

Maybe it's just me, but it takes me forever to get into anything new or old, so here goes:

pls don't close my thread

and if you'd all be so kind can we try and limit the number of youtube embeds per post? two or three?
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Last edited by jakesmellspoo at Jul 13, 2017,
Quote by MinterMan22
assis dans la salle d'attente OH AUU!
POURQUOIS? parce ils ne sont pas leve!

hon hon hon

nice

Quote by MinterMan22
nice
i know next to zero french and just figured this out.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
I like this thread

Love this band. For some reason I love her voice even though it's not that good, lol

This is basically a perfect pop-punk song imo

___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
WCPhilsreminds me i wanted to check out some more Wavves and Fidlar.

ECFU tho.
good thread idea

2013 album, recently discovered
dark, raw, minimalist,and atmospheric hip hop, lyrically superior to most of the stuff these days

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by jakesmellspoop
fugazi

Should have asked me last year when I had almost no new music to listen to. This year is nothing but new music for me. D:

Got into Artifex Pereo a few months ago.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
If we're talking old as in decades old then this is the oldest song I have

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line

no really this is one of my all time favourite recordings
Praise the Z-Dog, my DADDY
Joshua Garcia

updated OP and thread title. it's more about any music from before 2017 that you only just discovered or finally gained an appreciation for.
I think it's from listening to the Guardians of the Galaxy soundtracks a lot, but I've been getting into a lot of old stuff recently

___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Great thread idea

Got into a band called Paper Void recently; I think their last album came out in 2015 or 2016 but it's super good. Jazz/Hip-Hop/RnB that's nice and mellow but also interesting to listen to without being background music if that makes sense
Ах, так вы не пьете и не курите?
Хорошо для вас: вы здоровым умрете!
Last edited by Zaphikh at Jul 13, 2017,
late to the party for sure, 2012

i don't listen to much indie music

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by Joshua Garcia
If we're talking old as in decades old then this is the oldest song I have

Ted Raimi's version is 'superior'.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by seventh_angel
I honestly can't get into Pavement. I really like one song from that album, titled Unfair, but I just don't understand the love they get.

Range Life is the only one I like off that album, but I really like it. I've heard one or two others that I liked as well. I mostly agree with you, I am pretty baffled by their popularity. Most of what they do is so inconsequential.
~~Summer Babe~~ is a #1 all time banger
I was big into Pavement back in '11/'12 -- still dig Slanted/Crooked Rain occasionally

since i just mentioned it in another thread -- I recently-ish (like 6 mos. ago, but whatever) got into Pet Sounds
I've been listening to the pixies recently, I'm falling in love with them

Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
i need to listen to more Pixies. i love this cover:
jakesmellspoo

I've only listented to Doolittle so far and a few singles/"hits", but definitely recommend that album if you don't know where to start
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Bladez22i actually just found Trompe Le Monde and Surfer Rosa in my music library so i have those at least, but i'll add Doolittle to my list.
Doolittle is the greatest tbh
I also love Surfer Rosa
& all the others have memorable cuts
Quote by seventh_angel
I honestly can't get into Pavement. I really like one song from that album, titled Unfair, but I just don't understand the love they get.

i like them, i just wish they would've focused more on putting out songs that highlighted their strong pop sensibilities instead of all those whack twangy filler tracks. their last two records will always be my favourites. shady lane is a masterpiece. 

Page 1 of 3