Page 1 of 2
I used to really enjoy Otep. Still enjoy Sevas Tra, but man, she's gone psycho. None of the original band is left, and she's become a spiteful bitch. I get it, you're lesbian and hate Trump, I do. But, the constant "I'm a LESBIAN, if YOU DON"T LIKE LGBTQWERTY+++++ AND HATE TRUMP YOU ARE NOTHING SCUM!!!!!!11111111theinternet has surpassed stale. To back it up, she's gotten in spats with at least 2 other bands in the past year and reports make her come across as a primadonna. For all the harping about art she does, she comes across as less of an inspired artist and more and more of a close-minded cunt. Otep has become one of the few pages I've unfollowed. I don't expect to agree with everyone, but she's come out as if you don't see eye-to-eye with her views, fuck off, you're a terrible person and absolute scum, also, she's lesbian and hates Trump.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
i used to like this one art teacher i had

but i realized that i was 10 and she was 30 so it wouldn't work out

i wonder if she is still hot 15 years later

her name was Ms Noize so it's like...

Cum on feel the Noize if you know what I mean
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Jul 13, 2017,
Girls, rock your boyz?
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
>caring about the author and not the work

I used to enjoy BMTH and now I don't/
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Muse. 

I used to be the biggest fan of anyone I knew. Seen them live 10 times, even travelled on a coach from London - Devon once just to see them at one of their homecoming gigs in 2009. 

But everything they've released in the past 4-5 years or so has just been absolutely awful. They've become a parody of themselves. Plus they completely ignore all of their older 'hits' live now and play the dullest setlists possible - to the point where I actually sold my tickets to see them a few years ago after seeing the rest of the setlists on the tour. 

If you told this to 18 year old me (or even just any of my friends who knew me then tbh) he'd absolutely astonished, but yeah, my once obsessive love of Muse has almost totally died. 
Now that I think about it, I don't actually not like any bands I grew up listening to. Just don't listen to them as much, if, anymore.

Though when I was 14 I used to think I liked black metal but learned pretty quickly I didn't and was just trying to be edgy, which says a lot about black metal tbh.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Now that I think about it, I don't actually not like any bands I grew up listening to. 

Pretty much this. I still occasionally listen to them, but I wouldn't ever have gotten into them if I had the tastes I have today. So it's more of a nostalgia glasses sort of thing.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: The Police

#wolfie2017 #freegyros #gifsftw G7#9
I still like all the artists / bands that I was a fan of when I was younger. I'm not really that into most metal music anymore, but I can still dig going to a death metal concert or listening to a new album here and there. I'm not as huge of fan of Korn as I used to be, their last few records have left more to be desired, but that's how things go. People change, their music evolves, I still like them as artists.

Not a "real" artist, but I absolutely detest Shia Labeouf now. He turned into such a rotten person these past few years, his performance art is well... shit, and he's just lost all sense of control. If he's doing all this to get attention, then so be it, but he's ruining his reputation as a capable actor imo. I remember watching him start his career with the Even Stevens show, and he definitely was talented. What a shame.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by k.lainad
Not a "real" artist, but I absolutely detest Shia Labeouf now. He turned into such a rotten person these past few years, his performance art is well... shit, and he's just lost all sense of control.

Wrong.

I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by zgr0826
Wrong.

you know i was the one who promoted watching the live stream in the pit, as well as his elevator thing
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)

k.lainad 

Noooo... I DIDN'T know that. I wasn't in the Pit at the time. Thanks for assuming my usage, shitlord.
Quote by The_Blode

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
Quote by zgr0826
k.lainad 

Noooo... I DIDN'T know that. I wasn't in the Pit at the time. Thanks for assuming my usage, shitlord.

no problem, boyo

shitpost master signing off
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

Quote by k.lainad
no problem, boyo

shitpost master signing off

No.

Stay papi
Quote by The_Blode

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
Quote by zgr0826
No.

Stay papi

ok senpai
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

Quote by k.lainad
ok senpai

Thanks fampai
Quote by The_Blode

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
Quote by zgr0826
Thanks fampai

i like how we unintentionally derailed OP's shit thread and turned it into chat thread 2.0
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

Quote by k.lainad
i like how we unintentionally derailed OP's shit thread and turned it into chat thread 2.0

We're shitposters fosho.
Quote by The_Blode

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
i used to like metal but i've gone off that kind of music now 
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
( )_( ) signature to help him gain World Domination

Do you remember chalk hearts melting on a playground wall
Do you remember dawn escapes from moon washed college halls
Do you remember the cherry blossom in the market square
Do you remember I thought it was confetti in our hair
Quote by zgr0826
We're shitposters fosho.

damn, gotta say i'm proud of my existence in this universe right now
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

Pastafarian96 Yeah same here, I used to like them when I was younger, but now john Lennon just pisses me the fuck off. Still appreciate their skill though.
Any of them that espouse their political beliefs from the stage instead of playing music, for some reason these jackwagons think that pissing off half their fans is a good thing. STFU and play.
"It's better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war"
Last edited by Smith357 at Jul 13, 2017,
k.lainad 

Yeah Shia is weird because he seemed like the guy you really want to like but then recently he's just been going off the rails.

He posted this on Twitter regarding recent events.

Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Nero Galon

i'm following him on twitter, i saw that
i don't think it's genuine tbh, it just looks like some corporate person held a gun to his head and told him if he doesn't say something to the public he won't get a movie deal again. I MEAN HE DIDN'T EVEN TYPE THE POST IN TWITTER, ITS A PICTURE! lol anybody could have typed that up for him and forced him to post it as an apology. and the whole argument that "he was JUST drunk" when he said all of those things don't hold up at all - a persons true self really comes out when they're drunk, a nice person is still pretty damn nice when they're tipsy.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

My music taste evolves but basically hasn't changed much I still like the music I listened to when I was young the artists that I like span many decades from the 1930's to present.

There are a few artists I stopped listening to when they became huge pricks but I'll still listen to their older stuff that I liked to begin with.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

k.lainad 

Living with an alcoholic dad I can only say this isn't necessarily true.

Quote by metal4eva_22
Nero Galon

i have no idea how bad that must be for you, totally forgot, sorry for making assumptions like that
yeah maybe i'm just being a harsh critic on this whole thing really, who knows, maybe he'll finally get help
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

when I was 15 I had an antiflag backpatch and got kicked out of school over it.  Now it detest it, not that my personal politics have necessarily changed (though they've become more complicated and I'm more mature now), I just can't stand the preachy shit anymore.  
"I definitely don’t write all my music in a blackout, like I used to, although I did come up with some good stuff in a blackout."
-Matt Fucking Pike
k.lainad 

I like to think of alcoholism like any other addiction. Withdrawal can turn you into a selfish monster, be it heroin, nicotine or alcohol. 

Also to lighten the mood, I've witnessed friends who are without doubt some of the most genuinely nice people turn into absolute bastards after having not even that much. Not in the hurtful way, just in the hilariously unpredictable way that you have no idea what stunt they're gonna pull that could get you in a fight with strangers next type of thing.

Oh yeah and my sister

Quote by metal4eva_22
NOFX. just stop. Fat Mike has become the Elvis of punk, except he's somehow not dead yet.
Sex Pistols
crackrocksteady "crustpunk" bands like Choking Victim/Leftover Crack/Star Fucking Hipsters. pretty much anything with Scott Sturgeon.
3rd wave ska. (Streetlight Manifesto is a major exception. Less Than Jake and Mighty Mighty Bosstones to some extent, too)
Operation Ivy for the most part. just burned myself out on them.
Rancid
Sublime
Nirvana - i don't hate them, but i haven't actively chosen to listen to them since high school. might revisit Incesticide tho. The Ergs' cover of Blew is really good.
Anti-Flag
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
jakesmellspoo 

What made you turn on Sublime?

Quote by metal4eva_22
Opeth.  I don't dislike them as people or anything; it's just that their new music pales in comparison to their old material.  They're way out in left field at the moment, playing rehashed 70's "prog" .  Their first 8 albums were progressive in all the right ways -- then at Heritage they just stopped.  I don't care if Michael doesn't do death metal vocals anymore -- that wasn't necessarily very important on their older material.  It was the songwriting that set their old albums apart.  Glad I got to see them during the Ghost Reveries tour.:/
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Quote by Nero Galon
jakesmellspoo 

What made you turn on Sublime?

initially frat bros when i was briefly in college.

superficial, i know, but i got tired of some of the worst people in my dorm trying to talk to me and drunken idiots shouting how much they loved Sublime at me whenever i wore my one shirt.

then the revival with that Rome guy soured me even more.

now they just do nothing for me lyrically or musically
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
jakesmellspoo
I can definitely see that, like I'm still absolutely a Sublime fan but I feel like the band themselves never quite knew whether they were dumb-as-shit frat trash or something just a tad more human. I'm actually going to see Sublime with Rome; their songs are pretty much just crap reggae pop but I like the guy's voice enough that I think seeing them play the old Sublime tracks will be fun.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
K33nbl4d3i actually listened to parts of one of their shows when they played at the Stone Pony in Asbury Park and i was at another show at the Lanes.

they covered a Bon Jovi song. because they were in NJ. ew.

also Pennywise opened and of course played Bro Hymn. really fit the whole frat boy aesthetic. (everyone at my show sang along. )

also these two idiots who were at the Sublime show parked their car in front of the lanes so they could drink coronas out of the trunk between sets.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Sex Pistols
crackrocksteady "crustpunk" bands like Choking Victim/Leftover Crack/Star Fucking Hipsters. pretty much anything with Scott Sturgeon.
[...]
Rancid
[...]
Nirvana - i don't hate them, but i haven't actively chosen to listen to them since high school. might revisit Incesticide tho. The Ergs' cover of Blew is really good.
Anti-Flag

same
Quote by neidnarb11890
same

so you still like NOFX?
Quote by jakesmellspoo
so you still like NOFX?

never got into NOFX
I think I still probably like Operation Ivy, but honestly I haven't listened to 'em in years.
Quote by neidnarb11890
never got into NOFX
I think I still probably like Operation Ivy, but honestly I haven't listened to 'em in years.

i remember you never being into them.

i think i still half like Op Ivy for Jesse Michaels. can't stand Tim Armstrong's voice anymore tho.

i really should look further into the stuff he did afterwards. the bits of Classics of Love and Common Rider i listened to were cool.

also wtf, i just read he apparently did guest vocals on a newer Leftover Crack song.
Page 1 of 2