I've been looking to buy a guitar for about a year. My uncle loaned me a SG Epiphone, and learned to play on it , but I decided I needed to buy myself a guitar. I looked at a Fender Squire and tried one out. It was horrid! I got looking and finally decided on a Gibson Les Paul Goldtop. The other day I went into my local music shop and saw a Gibson Les Paul Goldtop 2016 in perfect condition for 650. I'd been looking at one for about 6 months and the cheapest one I'd found was $800.00 plus $45.00 dollar shipping. Is the 2016 for $650.00 a good deal? It has Gibson humbuckers, not the P-90's, but it has absolutely no blemishes on the body. Thanks for all the feedback I'm sure will come!

As always,

Rock On
Well... You're not really giving us much to work with. You've given us a color and a year and I can promise you a lot of Gibsons have come in a gold color and they range from super cheap to super expensive. $650 could be a good deal on a lower end Gibson and on the flip side if it's a fake then you've wasted 650 bucks. 

That being said, do you have any pictures of it? Do you have any idea of the exact model is? Was it like a studio? Did it have binding? Anything else at all?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Guesstimating it's a 60's tribute. in the described condition, (imo) it's not a bad used price here in the States. If you are unfamiliar with P-90's make sure you like them clean and distorted as they kind have there own thing going on.  
Sorry I just went to the store and got all the info. It's a Gibson Les Paul 2016 60's Tribute (Guitaraxe you are correct. BTW: awesome name). I've checked the serial number and It's not a fake. I'll post some pictures as soon as I can! Thanks for all the info!
Pictures will help a lot, but the serial number does not tell you whether a guitar is real or fake. I haven't heard of any fake Tributes out there, but just be aware that a serial number is for finding data on a known authentic instrument, and is not for actually proving it's authentic. 
Oh, thanks for the info. I'm just about to head and take some pictures. I'd taken some, but I can't find them on my phone. I plan of posting them later tonight. It was used by a student of the owner of the store and he bought it new. I know the owner really well and he says it's real! Thanks for the info!
I would hope a legit music store wouldn't be selling a fake but I guess you can never be too sure.