(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
( )_( ) signature to help him gain World Domination

Do you remember chalk hearts melting on a playground wall
Do you remember dawn escapes from moon washed college halls
Do you remember the cherry blossom in the market square
Do you remember I thought it was confetti in our hair
michael jackson

i guess i cant say i ever disliked him but i never gave a shit about his music until one his videos popped up in my youtube reccs and i put it on out of curiosity

hes pr much all ive been listening to for 7 months now
Quote by soundgarden1986
michael jackson

i guess i cant say i ever disliked him but i never gave a shit about his music until one his videos popped up in my youtube reccs and i put it on out of curiosity

hes pr much all ive been listening to for 7 months now

Too bad he was a pedophile that watched animal torture videos huh
My point is that it's too bad he was a pedophile that watched animal torture videos 
Hank Williams

Earl Scruggs

Charlie Parker

16 year old me:

Lol, country is just whiny crap, jazz is just weird notes, and bluegrass is just people wailing really high

And now I have a banjo, a lap steel and I spend a lot of time trying to cop ol Chuck
Senses Fail

I don't know why, but when they were in their prime I remember convincing myself I didn't like them. Then about a decade of me not listening to them passed until I saw them live with Silverstein in December of 2015 and was absolutely blown away by both the music and the show they put on.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
ed sheeran

used to think he makes easy dumb shit. but hes good
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by Rossenrot
My point is that it's too bad he was a pedophile that watched animal torture videos 

Either that or someone really, really, really didn't like the lyrics to They Dont Really Care About Us and some bantz in 2005
Minor Threat
Fugazi
Streetlight Manifesto actually early in high school. and the original Catch 22 lineup. their stuff after Kalnoky left still sucks.
a lot of rap/hip hop. i still don't listen to a whole lot, but i'm more open to it.
Lifetime
Devo's most recent album

didn't listen to Dag Nasty for years because the name made it sound like some bad 80's crotch rock. then i realized the first LP had Dave Smalley from ALL's early days on vocals. never really listened to much else after the first album tho.

ALL in a way, too. i always read about them and the descriptions amounting to "Descendents minus Milo" didn't really do the band justice. sure, the band is essentially a kind of growth formed from the Descendents, but a really good growth. a tad more poppy.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Most artists start off great then lose that special something over time. It's rare to see a popular artist do the opposite.

Maybe Justin Bieber ? His voice has improved a lot now that he's older, and his music is a lot more mature and EDM focused. Light years better than that teen pop crap he started with. I'm not a fan though, just a radio listener.

I like drake more now than I used to, but thats because I hardly listened to his music in the first place. I think his sound is very serviceable in a way, just really catchy with high production value, easy to listen to. He really knows what he's doing, but I'd like less of that wannabe dancehall stuff.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

soundgarden1986

MJ had ridiculously awesome, natural musical talent. He couldn't play an instrument, so when he had an idea for chords, different voicings, etc, he would sing each individual note of the chord. I personally think that is absolutely amazing. With a polyphonic instrument, you can obviously play what you think is right, and hear the chord as a whole. He did it with single notes, memory, ear and imagination.

In terms of bands I didn't like but now do: Avenged Sevenfold aren't bad.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
soundgarden1986

MJ had ridiculously awesome, natural musical talent. He couldn't play an instrument, so when he had an idea for chords, different voicings, etc, he would sing each individual note of the chord. I personally think that is absolutely amazing. With a polyphonic instrument, you can obviously play what you think is right, and hear the chord as a whole. He did it with single notes, memory, ear and imagination.

In terms of bands I didn't like but now do: Avenged Sevenfold aren't bad.

Have you seen him beat box? The man had an amazing sense of rhythm.

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

used to be anti-Beatles (b/c true punk), but now I really like the Beatles (b/c not punk & youre telling everyone)
The Beatles and Oasis are the ones that leap to mind. My dad hates both of them so I think it took me a long while to get over that. I still don't think Oasis are incredible but their first two albums are pretty awesome. 
Gibson SG 2016 1960's Tribute
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Marshall DSL100H
Marshall 1960B 4x12
ProCo Rat 2
I like this thread. I grew up in an era when the Beach Boys were very popular but I just thought they were OK. I wouldn't turn off the radio when a Beach Boys song came on but I didn't buy their albums or singles. When I started to think I had a good ear for picking out chord progressions and learning songs by ear a friend (who was an excellent all round musician) suggested I try to figure out the chord progression for the Beach Boys song "Warmth of the Sun". At that point in my life I found it was a challenge because that song (like many Beach Boys songs), defies the normal chord progressions you would normally find in a rock song but still sounds beautiful and works. My musical mind would have never come up with a progression like this. It made me a Brian Wilson fan. Now if I was to try to figure out a Beach Boys song from the later 60's/70's I would expect the unexpected changes. I understand why so many other musicians I admire are Brian Wilson fans.

Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Jul 14, 2017,
Brian Wilson is a pop genius in the same league as the Beatles.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: The Police

#wolfie2017 #freegyros #gifsftw G7#9
Beatles - erroneously thought they were a manufactured  boy band from the 60's due to media clips. 
Hendrix - had trouble with the sonic quality of the recordings - thought he was just full of gimmicks - didn't realize how much of a creative genius he was. 
Beach Boys - again erroneously thought they were a manufactured boy band - watched the recent movie and realized how amazing Brian Wilson was - a true genius.  Pet Sounds is a monster collection of creativity. 
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Brian Wilson is a pop genius in the same league as the Beatles.
brian wilson did more for music and made better music than the beatles
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
linkin park

used to abhor, now thinks "just okay"

Quote by k.lainad Maybe Justin Bieber ? His voice has improved a lot now that he's older, and his music is a lot more mature and EDM focused. Light years better than that teen pop crap he started with. I'm not a fan though, just a radio listener. 

ya his recent stuff is not atrocious as it used to be. now its "just okay".
Last edited by Will Lane at Jul 14, 2017,