I'd like to start sitting in the classical position. Seems like a good decision seeing as I'm in a really small room so my guitar ends up hitting my desk and stuff normally, and the classical position is better for all the well known reasons.

So my question for other people who sit in the classical position is this: do you use a foot stool - or something to the same effect - or do you have your feet flat on the floor?
The classical position uses a footstool or equivalent, I would say by definition, but there are alternatives. I mostly use the right knee position but if I do use the left  leg, I just have my feet flat on the ground - but it doesn't create such a good posture as a footstool would. Flamenco guitarists use different postures, some cross their legs, others have the lower bout resting their right leg, for example. - Look up pics of Paco Pena and Paco De Lucia.
I just checked how I sit. Left foot is flat, about 90 degrees bend at knee, right foot is tucked in more than left. Sometimes on tippie toes on right foot kind of like a half squat position while sitting on edge of couch or chair.
Standard canonical classical form is to use a footstool under the left foot. Wah-wah pedals actually make excellent footstools.
If I were a classical guitarist I would be tempted to use a wah-wah pedal as a footstool... just for the mischievous appearance.
Quote by reverb66
I'm pretty sure the Bible requires that you play through a tube amp in Texas.
Quote by PlusPaul
I would be tempted to use a wah-wah pedal as a footstool... just for the mischievous appearance.

"Oh look -- his legs are about to do something mischievous!"