Hello.
I currently have Jackson RR3 (trans. blue)My current budget is 450€  i am looking for (mostly)modeling,solid-state, or even tube amp but not sure if under 450€
I play mostly Metallica Slayer and stuff like that (Thrash,Death,Melo.Death) I don't have problem with buying either used or new.
Jet City or Laney IRT.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Laney IRT is a good call - I really like mine for thrash stuff.

What Engls are in your budget?
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by MerMaRekSia
Thank you guys, What's your opinion on Marshall CODE series ?

No Engls fit my budget i think :/ 

Stay away from code.

the demos of the irt sound great, but I havent personally tried out one.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I feel like a broken record as I basically regurgitate the same thing every time a similar thread pops up, but ....  XXX is my overall favorite amp for Thrash.  I play a lot of Thrash:  OLD Metallica, Exodus, Testament, etc.  I get an excellent bright, tight response with a lot of low end when mixed with the right speakers.  However, it's really a one trick pony and is about only good for metal.  I also use a 6505+ that sound almost equally as well for Thrash, but a bit warmer, and looser.  It also doesn't have the low end the XXX has at lower volumes (but turn it up and that issue is gone).  

Take a listen to Exodus' Exhibit B, or Tempo of the Damned for a good idea of what the XXX can do with Thrash.

Alex Skolnick of Testament also used a Marshall Mode4 (Solid State amp) on a couple of their albums and loves it.
Thanks, but i think i'll go with Randall RG1003H with Harley Benton g212 Vintage 2x12 cab. what's your opinion in that ?
 Quote by MerMaRekSia Thanks, but i think i'll go with Randall RG1003H with Harley Benton g212 Vintage 2x12 cab. what's your opinion in that ? 

I had one. The "Clean" Channel is worthless.  It's worse than the 6505+, you can't get ANY kind of clean out of it.  I like the 3.5mm jack input on it, as well as the headphone jack, the BASS BOOST, MID-CUT, and BRIGHT switches.  It was actually the best SS amp I've played for Thrash, and I've tried quite a few, though I've yet to get my hands on a MODE4 yet.  They're REALLY inexpensive.  I picked mine up used but mint for $150.  In the end, I got rid of it .... it obviously didn't match up to my tube amps, so it collected dust and took up space.  It also is not versatile at all.

Plus Chinese made ... new it wouldn't last very long probably.
Last edited by Xander_X at Jul 14, 2017,
MerMaRekSia I was very underwhelmed by my Randall RG100.  I think you'll grow bored of it quickly but mine was from the 90's.  

Seriously look into a used Laney IRT.  It's a badass amp for metal and very versatile to boot.  .  
Guitars:
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
MerMaRekSia That's the best value for a cab with V30s in Europe evidently.  Purchasing that cab is the same price or less than just buying the 2 speakers.  
Guitars:
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
If you intet on buying modern Randall solid state for Thrash also buy an tubescreamer-type overdrive pedal to tighten the sound. Cheapest option would be Harley Benton (Joyo rebrand) Vintage Overdrive. The amp on its own has ridiculous amount of gain, but it is rather loose and fuzzy kind which is more ideal for Doom metal. To get that satisfying, aggressive pick-attack sound that Thrash and Death Metal needs a little clean boosting (level max, distortion off) from tubescreamer is definetly recommended.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Fangs is a distortion pedal, not an overdrive although it MAY work as some kind of boost. I do not know. If you are going to buy the amp from Thomann might as well as add  the Vintage overdrive into your shopping cart. Its only 30€. You boost the volume knob on full and turn the drive knob off, tone knob can be adjusted to taste. Tubescreamer boosting is a common trick in metal and people used it with many amps even if the amp does not technically need any boosting as far as amount of distortion goes.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Last edited by MaaZeus at Jul 16, 2017,
First decent amp I got under $500 was Blackstar ht5C. I would recommend that + a boss ge7. 
Last edited by tsuzu01 at Jul 16, 2017,
Quote by MerMaRekSia
tsuzu01 I don't know even how to use EQ so i think that boss he7 would be kinda pointless for me. :/

Hardly. EQ pedals are one of the most useful pedals anybody can ever have on their pedalboard. They give you far more control over the sculpting of the amp's tone than the stock EQ on the amp ever could. The more control you have over the amp's EQ, the better you can potentially make the amp sound.

It is seriously worth knowing how to use an EQ pedal.

I wouldn't recommend the Boss GE7 though. It isn't a bad EQ pedal by any means, but the MXR 10-band EQ is just so much better in functionality terms that it's a bit pointless to recommend anything else.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by MerMaRekSia
So how can i learn how to use that type of things ?

Buying one and experimenting yourself. Use your ears. They take a lot of trial and error to dial in properly, but they're very powerful tools. Once you have one and you know how to dial it in right, you'll be wondering why it took you so long to get one.

I would't buy a Blackstar HT5 though.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by MerMaRekSia
So it's better for me to keep my jackson RR3 and Randall KH75 amp. and buy mrx 10 band eq ?

Why not buy both a 10-band EQ and a better amp?

Get a better amp first before buying any pedals ofc.
Quote by TheSennaj
Quote by MerMaRekSia
Nah guys i've just ordered Audio interface tomorow im going to buys BIAS desktop (amp).

Good choice, I've heard the BIAS has a nice sound. The EQ matching should allow you to nail a lot of tones. 
Quote by tsuzu01
First decent amp I got under $500 was Blackstar ht5C. I would recommend that + a boss ge7. 

I almost bought one of those, until I tried it in the store. It's nice in a small environment. Personal opinion. 
Guitar: Ibanez S370
Amp: Vox VT20+

Pedals:
Boss NS-2
Boss DS-1
Sorry if this has already been answered (didn't see it anywhere), but what are you planning on using this for? If it's mostly just home practice, have you thought about a small tube amp like the Randall Diavlo RD1/RD5 heads or the Joyo Zombie? Both of these options are great for jamming at home, and can be pretty damn good for home recording as well. Also, I'm not sure about your area, but even bar shows around the US mic the amps, so you could definitely play a show with one as well.

I recently went through all this trying to find a solid amp for home use (my Krank Rev Jr. just doesn't sound great at low volumes), and ended up with a Randall Diavlo. 

Oh, and not that anyone has mentioned them, but I would stay away from some of the cheap modelers like the Boss Katana, Blackstar's ID:Core series, and the like. They just don't do high gain as well as the real thing, which is a shame.
Last edited by ExDementia at Jul 20, 2017,