Not a whole lot of reviews on this one. Looks promising, made in Korea, Grover tuners, but not a whole lot of information on sound, and they don't sell the cases anywhere, even though they're on the SGR website. So does anyone have one of these? Are they worth it? Are they as good as they look?
Guitars:
Squier Stratocaster
ESP LTD EX-50
Epiphone Les Paul Special II VS
Rogue RAG-R Acoustic

Likes 3mm picks

Literally the only person in the store who buys them

...not joking

"No Stairway! Denied!"
-Wayne Campbell
*bump*
Guitars:
Squier Stratocaster
ESP LTD EX-50
Rogue RAG-R Acoustic

Likes 3mm picks

...not joking

"No Stairway! Denied!"
-Wayne Campbell
Quote by p2pressselect
*bump*

Hi! I don't know that guitar but I can say the Schecter  make very good  quality guitars ,  I got a  new Schecter Solo-II Custom and its as good as any Gibson or ESP in fact I chose mine over a Gibson that was £500 more .  Its really hard to say if you will like it if you haven't tried it out sorry but you can't really tell how good a guitar is by looks .  
dazzzer30 I know, that's why I was asking if anyone had played or owned one because no stores near me have one,

Thank you for the reply
Guitars:
Squier Stratocaster
ESP LTD EX-50
Rogue RAG-R Acoustic

Likes 3mm picks

...not joking

"No Stairway! Denied!"
-Wayne Campbell
I have the 2017 Special Edition E-1 FR-S (the purple one with the Sustainiac and Floyd). It sounds even better than it looks, and it looks like a beast. Then again, that probably doesn't help you much, because I'm pretty sure it has entirely different specs than the standard E-1. If you're looking at the standard (retails for $600ish), that's got Schecter's "Diamond" pickups. That's their in house "stock" brand. They're actually very good sounding pickups, for what they are. But you'll probably want to replace them if you're used to higher end, name-brand pickups. Compared to the one I have, the standard also has a 3/4" shorter scale length, and a thicker neck, that's not compound-radius. So yeah, not gonna feel much like mine, either. In fact, looking at the complete specs, I think that Standard E-1 has a thicker neck than Schecter has typically done in the past. Looks like it's the same neck shape they're using on the new "Standard Solo-II" (LP shape), but they haven't used it before, that I know of. So yeah, gonna be real hard to even find something with the same neck shape that you can test for feel.

If it was me, and I really like the look of it, I'd go ahead and order one. But that's me. I love my Schecters, I've bought multiple new ones direct from the factory without trying them first, and I trust them. They have easily the best quality control you'll find from any brand that's importing their instruments from Asia (partially because all the instruments get an inspection and setup in their USA custom shop before going to dealers). But yeah, without having ANY basis for comparison, it's totally understandable if you're hesitant to just jump on it. If you can find a dealer that has one of the 2017 Standard Solo-II's (and it has to be the 2017 model, older ones will have different specs), that will have the same pickups and neck as the E-1, so it'd be good to test, knowing that the E-1 will just be a different shape, but sound and play the same. I know a lot of shops won't stock an Explorer shape guitar, just because less conventional shapes are less likely to sell, but they might have the Solo-II. Or, you could try getting the E-1 from an online dealer with a return policy. If you do end up ordering one, make sure to order the matching case with it. As you said, nowhere stocks the cases, and Explorer cases are weird and hard to come by in general. The OHSC with my E-1 is MASSIVE. Longer and wider than any other instrument case I have, including a hard case for a 6 string bass.

Yeah, it sucks that there's not just a huge store that stocks literally every instrument from the brands they carry, but that's just how it is. 
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
I've been curious about the E-1 myself. After trying the Epiphone Explorer, I really want to try one out as well. Unfortunately, Sweetwater doesn't seem to keep any in the showroom to check out. They stock it, and it's probably in their warehouse. 

Thanks the_bi99man on the comparison for pickups and neck. I did play the Solo II, and it's the only LP clone that really stood out to me. I don't want to come off as a fan boy, but I'm generally pretty pleased with the feel of just about any Schecter I play.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
Update: was bumming around at Sweetwater, and they had the E-1 in Honeyburst. It is another winner. I'd buy it. I love Schecter like dannyalcatraz loves Reverend.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer