Page 1 of 2
In the UK, IDK why, maybe a ban, maybe a tax, whatever the reason behind it, in the UK, fizzy drinks/sodas do not contain sugar!

I avoid aspartame like the plague and found 1 choice of lemonade for it; a home/domestic store brand lemonade that used suraclose instead.
I'm not gonna lie...

It's the first time I've had a fizzy drink/soda since 2015.

(I wanted a lemonade)...
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
Last edited by treborillusion at Jul 13, 2017,
I hardly drink soda or eat sweets, so when I do occasionally indulge idgaf about any of that stuff.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

You can just lick me,

because I'm sooooooooooooooo sweet!
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Oops, forgot this:

BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by k.lainad
I hardly drink soda or eat sweets, so when I do occasionally indulge idgaf about any of that stuff.

Yeah, drinking a fizzy drink/soda after 2 years was like giving me a cigarette...
Something I used to smoke but have given up...
'Now I don't like it anymore'.
At first I had buyer's remorse over soda since I didn't like it...

But, I'm drinking my last one now, bought 8, last week, had like 1 a day every other day, maybe even had 2, but, ew/yuk still.
I remember I didn't even finish the first one I had.
It's an acquired taste...
But I'm still much happier with water; clean/fresh water.
and energy drinks, like Red Bull/Monster etc.. or protein shakes. - that's where it's at for me, in terms of soft drinks...
I don't really drink tea or coffee, maybe once in a blue moon.
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
Last edited by treborillusion at Jul 13, 2017,
neidnarb11890 
In my part they do, in London we do.
I've seen people call it pop from The West Country.
Quote by laid-to-waste
Quote by treborillusion
In the UK, IDK why, maybe a ban, maybe a tax, whatever the reason behind it, in the UK, fizzy drinks/sodas do not contain sugar!

I avoid aspartame like the plague and found 1 choice of lemonade for it; a home/domestic store brand lemonade that used suraclose instead.
I'm not gonna lie...

It's the first time I've had a fizzy drink/soda since 2015.

(I wanted a lemonade)...

Uhm, I don't know how to tell you this, but soft drinks absolutely can and do contain added sugar(unless they're those awful diet, light or Zero concoctions).

Although the BSDA has launched an initiative aimed at reducing the calorie content of soft drinks, it's not legally binding and sugar is not taxed.
Quote by neidnarb11890
do they really call soda "fizzy drink" in the UK?

we call it fizzy drink because it's a drink with fizz in it

also soda

some people call it pop but those people should be gassed fizzed
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
cocaine
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by neidnarb11890
do they really call soda "fizzy drink" in the UK?

FWIW in Scotland, it's all referred to as either 'juice' or 'ginger', with the latter being contextually identifiable as Irn Bru where appropriate.

Well, one exception. We call root beers 'shite'.
slapsymcdougal
Aye aye loon. Fancy a wee suppy o' Moray Cup?

Also Bundaberg root beer is amazing, expensive though. I hear it's imported from a distant land.
Quote by whoomit
slapsymcdougal
Aye aye loon. Fancy a wee suppy o' Moray Cup?

Also Bundaberg root beer is amazing, expensive though. I hear it's imported from a distant land.

We export it because its fucking garbage water.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
honey
maple syrup

artificial sweeteners have a nasty after taste for me usually so I avoid drinks with them.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by treborillusion

wot....granted, last time I was in the UK was a year ago, but you could get pretty much any sugary drink under the sun there just like normal.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by Banjocal

also soda

The wankers north of the (ruined) wall call it 'juice.' Which explains the low life expectancy.
Quote by i_lovemetallica
wot....granted, last time I was in the UK was a year ago, but you could get pretty much any sugary drink under the sun there just like normal.

He's talking out of his arse, you can still get canned and bottled diabetes here.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
He's talking out of his arse, you can still get canned and bottled diabetes here.

Well, for me personally, you can't get diabetes twice
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
my substitute is things without (as much) sugar in them

i am trying to cut down on sugar in general, so i mostly drink water these days although i do like some sodas, but sweeteners and things are sketchy as hell and don't seem to provide any real benefit
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by Banjocal

also soda

It's a drink.
It's fizzy....
Quote by laid-to-waste
Stevia, but it has a certain aftertaste.

Raw cane sugar (but it depends on the brand)

Molasses

Def Leppard
Quote by theguitarist
honey
maple syrup
Not in that order, but good choices nonetheless
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Coltrane

The apple always falls close to the tree, but the tree always falls on the power lines.
Stevia or Splenda
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Pepsi Max > Standard Coca-Cola

Actually, pretty much any knock off brand is better than the standard coke these days, it's way too sticky for some reason but I digress.

I don't really care if it's sugar or sweetner, but sometimes I feel like have too much sugar in my diet so I drink light versions fairly often but I doubt those are actually any better for me. As for what the sweetener is, idgaf.
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
Last edited by 剣 斧 血 at Jul 14, 2017,
Quote by zgr0826
Stevia or Splenda

This ^
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

What? Have you looked for longer than 30 seconds? There are plenty of fizzy drinks in the UK with sugar. 
Well, that is right, cause sugar are very bad foк some people, and sometimes this people could not know where is it
matt bickerton 
Name 1.
Bare in mind Coca-Cola contains aspartame as does Fanta and Dr. Pepper, R. Whites, Lilt... like their Diet counter parts.
Maybe....... That AMERICAN import I once got - I once bought a case of Pepsi Throwback from Tesco once, I found, randomly in my local Tesco..
I just googled it - found this
http://anhinternational.org/2014/08/06/caution-uk-non-diet-soft-drinks-laced-with-artificial-sweeteners/
Quote by laid-to-waste
Last edited by treborillusion at Jul 14, 2017,
Quote by treborillusion
matt bickerton
Name 1.
Bare in mind Coca-Cola contains aspartame as does Fanta and Dr. Pepper, R. Whites, Lilt... like their Diet counter parts.
Maybe....... That AMERICAN import I once got - I once bought a case of Pepsi Throwback from Tesco once, I found, randomly in my local Tesco..
I just googled it - found this
http://anhinternational.org/2014/08/06/caution-uk-non-diet-soft-drinks-laced-with-artificial-sweeteners/

Firstly - while some may also contain small amounts of aspartame, they also all contain sugar (your first post said they don't). Coca-Cola, Fanta, D. Pepper, R. Whites, Lilt...all contain sugar. 

Secondly - The health risks of aspartame have been debunked, so there's not really any reason to avoid it. 

Sugar is definitely bad for you (in the amounts found in fizzy drinks anyway). Aspartame might be bad for you. There's no reason to avoid Aspartame but actively seek full sugar drinks. 

If you're that worried about the health risks, don't drink fizzy drinks full stop. 
Quote by matt bickerton
Firstly - while some may also contain small amounts of aspartame, they also all contain sugar (your first post said they don't). Coca-Cola, Fanta, D. Pepper, R. Whites, Lilt...all contain sugar. 

Secondly - The health risks of aspartame have been debunked, so there's not really any reason to avoid it. 

Sugar is definitely bad for you (in the amounts found in fizzy drinks anyway). Aspartame might be bad for you. There's no reason to avoid Aspartame but actively seek full sugar drinks. 

If you're that worried about the health risks, don't drink fizzy drinks full stop. 

Be reasonable, man. It's now full fat Coke, because they add butter to give it calories.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Be reasonable, man. It's now full fat Coke, because they add butter to give it calories.

So keto Coca-Cola?
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by treborillusion

Errrrm what? That's not true at all.
Shops sell regular coke and lemonade etc, all with sugar on their ingredients list. In fact fizzy drinks in the UK contain sugar as an ingredient rather than high fructose corn syrup like they do in other countries.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

zgr0826 

Funny but Coke contains 39g of carbs in a 330ml can and a keto diet recommends 20 to no more than 50g's a day so it wouldn't work.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Yeah, Coca-Cola cleans your toilet and your copper pennies, and the rest contain aspartame...
What'll be like to have what they have in the US and Germany (it seems), and that's 'full fat' versions not having the offending aspartame.
Quote by laid-to-waste
Why not just ban fizzy drinks in the UK like they did in NYC?
Quote by laid-to-waste
Usually when you taste something sweet your body associates that with high calories and release hormones that make you end up feeling full. Calorie free / low calorie sweeteners undo that association over time until eventually sweet things no longer make you feel full and you can binge a whole box of brownies in one sitting. Ever notice how many overweight people exclusively drink diet drinks? Ever notice how much help it's doing? Add to that all the other health risks of artificial sweeteners and I think they should be illegal. Real sugars are better by a mile.

I don't know if there's been a study or not to back it up, but I'm willing to bet the a lot of people who are severely overweight started off as just slightly overweight, switched to diet drinks, and proceeded to balloon up.

So, sugar substitutes of choice? Honey, syrup, fruit, stuff like that.
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Jul 14, 2017,
Page 1 of 2