Can you guys recommend me some bands with clean vocalist? 
Not necessarily 'metal' - but not blues-based rock-n-roll type 

Preferably post-80's bands (I've heard 80s and 70's way too much already)
 Hopefully not over-the-top br00tlz or obnoxiously 'progressive'  either  

Would you kindly? 
Quote by LivinJoke84
I cant be naked. I have a huge fear of leaving a stain wherever i sit. Especially if its really warm
I can think of a few bands that are great and use clean vocals. Aside from the Big 4 (Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, and Anthrax), examples (none of these use harsh vocals) include Five Finger Death Punch (a little aggressive and incredibly manly but they have softer songs too), Witchfinder General (well-regarded Doom Metal band), Avenged Sevenfold (popular Metalcore band that's actually good and has classic Metal traits), Pantera (pioneers of Groove Metal and obvious choice), Disturbed (great band all around with plenty of power), and Within Temptation (if you like Symphonic Metal with female vocals). Just keep looking as Metal has lots of good bands (I'm a metalhead if you can't tell). 
"I don't know what you're trying to suggest. There's no shame in taking what you need to hold your position!"

Super Buu (DBZ) on assimilation (it could also apply to blues guitar and guitar soloing in general).
Last edited by RonaldPoe at Jul 14, 2017,
Zakk Wylde's Black Label Society as well as his solo stuff. People often only think of Zakk as Ozzy's guitarist but he sings great. 

Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
you need to go down the doom rabbit hole
"I definitely don’t write all my music in a blackout, like I used to, although I did come up with some good stuff in a blackout."
-Matt Fucking Pike
Can you recommend me metal bands? They don't have to be metal bands though.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
theogonia777 metal-like. Not strictly metal, but have that aggro-intense spirit. Pretty sure people would get what I mean.
Quote by LivinJoke84
I cant be naked. I have a huge fear of leaving a stain wherever i sit. Especially if its really warm
I love Chiodos, but mostly their older albums. Same with Emarosa (they got a new singer and went in a more "poppy" direction with the last few albums). I'm also quite fond of Emery, Periphery and Dance Gavin Dance, although those aren't entirely clean Sianvar is pretty big in the clean-vocal-post-hardcore realm, although personally I'm not too big on them. You could also check out The White Noise. August Burns Red is great, too, but they don't have any clean vocals.
Another band I really like that's metal-like is Shinedown. 
"I don't know what you're trying to suggest. There's no shame in taking what you need to hold your position!"

Super Buu (DBZ) on assimilation (it could also apply to blues guitar and guitar soloing in general).
Thanks a bunch you guys! <3 I'll check them out 
Quote by LivinJoke84
To throw in another side of metal here:

Tyr - Great viking metal band: 
  • ;

Hammers of Misfortune - Progressive metal, very theatrical. Start with the album "The Locust Years" or "The Augustine Engine"

Metsatoll - Estonian folk metal, super catchy riffs and awesome implementation of traditional Estonian instruments

Alestorm: Pirate metal from Scottland! Catchy as hell, and every song is like a party, and they're hilarious

If you like your metal with a touch of symphonic elements to it I definitely recommend Nightwish and Within Temptation. I love both these bands. Clean vocals (a little bit of growling in a few songs but not much) with a lot of intensity to much of their music! 

For Nightwish, start with their album "Oceanborn." And for Within Tempation, start with "Mother Earth" or with "The Heart of Everything" albums. 
Thanks again for the songs.
I've been listening to Nightwish for a while already.

I'm thinking like a Black Sabbath type heavy with clean vocals. I haven't seen that type around lately. It's either 2brutal or 2progressive. Not that I dislike it. I'm just curious to find a more modern take on that style
Quote by LivinJoke84
I can't believe I forgot to mention Sabaton (Power Metal band that sings about European history and warfare). Just listen to this gem about the battle of Stalingard (sung from the villainous perspective of the Soviet army).

I listed a bunch of good bands on the 2nd post but I second the mention of Alestorm (underrated band that's got a great pirate feel). If you want clean vocal bands that sound similar to Black Sabbath, Doom Metal is a breeding ground for them (Although some Doom bands do use harsh vocals but plenty don't). Candlemass and Paradise Lost (pioneer of Gothic Metal and its Doom variant) are especially good. 

Also I've never heard of Tyr but they seem like a good band to me ...

You can't go past Porcupine Tree albums In Absentia, Deadwing and Fear of a Blank Planet. Other bands like Karnivool, Rishloo are good too of that genre. 
You were just meant to be temporary while I waited for gold.
Quote by Phazon
I'm thinking like a Black Sabbath type heavy with clean vocals.

You don't want bluesy but you want something like Sabbath? Anyway:

There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
You don't want bluesy but you want something like Sabbath?  Anyway:

I know right? I'm musically confused. Musically frustrated with constantly hearing the overuse of blues-based musicality.
Anyway, thanks for the contribution!! <#
Quote by LivinJoke84
Quote by ExDementia

I just watched for the kinda thick ho. Didn't care for the mutilation, though. Thick'em hoes is a resource, yo.
Stratovarius
Blind Guardian
Nightwish (Tarja Turunen era)
Angra
Rhapsody
Testament - Return to Serenity
Iron Maiden (lots os post 80s - UP THE IRONS)
Ozzy Osbourne (a lot of stuff)
Quote by sombrero_mop
Ghost is a good option 

Oh. More booty for me. In the beginning you know.

Ghost is interesting. Kinda 80s-derivative, riff-wise, but not annoyingly so. I don't really watch videos, so the theatrical element is lost on me.
Phazon
Check out kadavar or orchid. Both of those bands definately sound like early black sabbath. Would say its a good mix of hard rock and early metal.
It's a shame metal music with clean vocals have lost so much popularity nowadays. I can't recommend enough Ghost, they're a wonderful band (even though I'm amazed any of their fair share of haters around have jumped in to talk shit about them yet).

I think it might be more interesting to point out some of the less known bands I enjoy to hear you might haven't heard of, so here they come:

Bella Morte: post-punk/ hardcore style band, although they lack new material:

Godsmack: A very popular band that isn't as popular as they once were. You probably already heard them somewhere; in the same lines of bands as Disturbed and Static X:

Death SS: Great yet forgotten band. Ghost fans have probably already heard of it since they've pointed them out as one of their influences. It's a late 70s-80s band but one definitely worth checking out:

'07 Jackson Pro Dinky DK2M (MIJ)
Squier Strat SE
Marshall Valvestate VS15R practice amp
Phazon you should look for more southern stuff. Check out the band Monster Truck. they have a pretty good clean vocal with that southern accent that complements the music really well.
HugoPan
I like how you call them southern stuff lol. They do have that sound though. They are from Hamilton, ontario, Canada i believe. Lots of snow there in winter and even more where i live!
Last edited by The_Crank3 at Aug 7, 2017,
HugoPan
Wikipedia calls them southern rock too so you are on to something. I just called it good old canadian hard rock that's better than nickelback.
Last edited by The_Crank3 at Aug 8, 2017,
i don't think any band has worked out how to incorporate purely clean vocals into super heavy music.
The_Crank3 Yeah, I meant purely by the sound of their music. I'm actually surprised they're from Canada, never would guess. hahaha
Recommended threads