So i have two cables (pictured here: http://imgur.com/wrFECTd ) and 3 guitars

cable A works when pluged into an epiphone les paul, a squire strat, and another knockoff guitar
cable B works when plugged into the les paul, and the knockoff, but does NOT work with the squire strat.

so i know cable B works, and i know the strat works, but when used together, no sound comes out. just buzzing.

I noticed if you look closely, he tips of the cables are not shaped quite the same. the curves on the tip of cable A are a bit sharper than B.

Do you think thats why?

Anyone else experienced anything like this before? Its so strange to me.
Don't go chasing polar bears in the great unknown... Some big, friendly, polar bear might wanna take you home.
Yeah. The socket is fucked. Replace it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Ah. okay thanks
Don't go chasing polar bears in the great unknown... Some big, friendly, polar bear might wanna take you home.
CrashThePaul Yep. If the jack clip in the guitar is a little loose on its grab, the slight variances of cable tips can cause some cable to work, but others not to work. I would just try bending the jack clip inwards some before replacing it. The clip is the bit of the jack that grabs onto the tip of the cable.
Ok so i bent it in quite a bit, it worked for a second or two, then back to just buzzing.
i suppose ill just buy a new one since jacks are relatively cheap.

Thanks guys
new jack. cheap and easy switch.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by CrashThePaul
Ok so i bent it in quite a bit, it worked for a second or two, then back to just buzzing.
i suppose ill just buy a new one since jacks are relatively cheap.

Thanks guys

That means it's lost it's springiness and is bending when you plug in rather than flexing.  Replace the jack on the guitar. 
Not taking any online orders.