Budget: >$500 head+cab or combo
New or used: Either

My Princeton Reverb RI gas has transitioned into looking for something lighter and and more compact while still serving as a good pedal platform. I've been looking at amp-in-a-box type pedals a la Tech 21 Character Series, the Quilter 101 Mini head, Blackstar HT5R, and many others. The new Katana Mini is also appealing, but I haven't heard enough about it yet. Has anyone else gone through this path and found something they liked?

Mad Professor Snow White Auto Wah
TC Electronic PolyTune 2 Noir
Joyo Vintage Overdrive
ZVex Box of Rock
Chase Bliss Audio Warped Vinyl
TC Electronic Flashback
Neunaber Seraphim + EXP
Hotone Wally
Last edited by Shelbien at Jul 16, 2017,
Quilters would seem to tick all the boxes: lightweight; good with pedals; a few models in or slightly above your budget.

A used Carvin V3M head would be an option- used ines can be found in your price range.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I have a Tech 21 Liverpool. Solid unit. I would run delays/reverbs after the amp sim, then into the direct box. Another option is to get a movers dolly and maybe a gym membership to work on your traps and lats.
Valve Jr for sure.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
how light and how loud??
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
trashedlostfdup Probably less than 30 lb. As for how loud, I currently play through a Fender SP10 at 0.5-2 on the volume, which is almost nothing

I'm liking the versatility on the Tech 21 TM30. That's what I was planning to do with all the Joyo Character series clones

Mad Professor Snow White Auto Wah
TC Electronic PolyTune 2 Noir
Joyo Vintage Overdrive
ZVex Box of Rock
Chase Bliss Audio Warped Vinyl
TC Electronic Flashback
Neunaber Seraphim + EXP
Hotone Wally