Hey guys just bought my first electric guitar (Yamaha Pacifica 112v)

need suggestions for a decent amp around $200. Don't really have any genre that i play as i am farly new to electric guitar, But like blues rock and classic rock. And want to get into playing more hard rock eventually. Thanks
Last edited by Pman25 at Jul 16, 2017,
A Peavey Vypyr series, especially if you'd consider used ones would be a good option and still not break the bank. 
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.
Vypyr, Vox VT, Roland Cube, are all decent practice amps on low $$.  Another new issue is the Boss Katana which seems to have a lot of fans.
https://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-BOS-KTN50?src=Y0802G00SRCHCAPN&adpos=1o3&scid=scplpBOS+KTN50&sc_intid=BOS+KTN50&gclid=CJ-c7LjEj9UCFUJufgod3jsBkw

Scheit to avoid:  Line 6 Spider, Marshall MG, Marshall Code.  Nothing good happening here.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by Cajundaddy
Vypyr, Vox VT, Roland Cube, are all decent practice amps on low $$.  Another new issue is the Boss Katana which seems to have a lot of fans.
https://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-BOS-KTN50?src=Y0802G00SRCHCAPN&adpos=1o3&scid=scplpBOS+KTN50&sc_intid=BOS+KTN50&gclid=CJ-c7LjEj9UCFUJufgod3jsBkw

Scheit to avoid:  Line 6 Spider, Marshall MG, Marshall Code.  Nothing good happening here.

I second those suggestions for the Vox VT Series, and Roland Cubes! They're great little amps.

You may also want to look at the Yamaha THR
~Vince~
Fender MIM Telecaster ('06) [Modded]
PRS S2 Custom 24 ('13) [Modded]
Squier Affinity Fat Strat [Modded]
Yamaha F310

Mesa/Boogie Lonestar 1x12 Combo
Mesa/Boogie Mark V:25

SD Vapor Trail
Xotic SL Drive
Xotic BB Preamp
Boss BD-2
Boss DS-1 [MonteAllums]
MXR 10-Band EQ
You can always go for something like a multi fx pedal and hed phones, or a Line6 Pod. Keeps everything quiet and you can jam out late at night. You don't have to bother anyone while you're learning, and it can save you a bunch of cash while also giving you something you can use silently for eons.
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
If you opt more for blues you should consider fender mustang. Although I do not recommend it for hard rock or metal, it is a modeling amp meaning that you have endless options. However, if playing lots of blues is not the case you may want to seriously consider peavey vypyr mentioned above, which is also a modeling amp.

Good luck choosing an amp