Hi All

As an accident prone buffoon who is forever slicing my fingers open whilst DIYing, gardening or cooking I am just wondering what you guys use to still be able to play guitar when you have a bad cut on the finger end?   I was putting some flat pack furniture together over the weekend and sliced a big deep cut in my middle finger on a metal drawer slider, when I play guitar the string goes right inside the cut, which is every bit as painful as it sounds.  

I know my double bass bass player just uses superglue, but I wouldn't want to chance an infection, can't use a plaster as I don't wanna get sticky residue on strings and fretboard, so what do you fellow guitarists use Or do?  I am in the UK.

thanks a lot in advance for any help you can give me!
Super glue should do the trick.

If it's good enough to be used by medical services for sealing cuts and gashes to prevent infection, its probably good enough for you.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Clean the wound and use super glue. Really does work exceedingly well.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Just cut the rest of them off and buy a macbook.

Or superglue like everybody else.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Travel to Brazil and visit the Satere-Mawe people, they will provide you with Parponera Clavata (or the Bullet ant)...one by one the bushman will get the ant to sink its jaws into the wound, and by breaking the head off of the body, causing a natural suture.  This process is repeated until the cut is closed.  

Then you pickup the most metal guitar you can find, and you play the intro to Raining Blood until you puke from the pain.

Remember to commemorate it with a tattoo
"I definitely don’t write all my music in a blackout, like I used to, although I did come up with some good stuff in a blackout."
-Matt Fucking Pike
Quote by Badluckpalms
Travel to Brazil and visit the Satere-Mawe people, they will provide you with Parponera Clavata (or the Bullet ant)...one by one the bushman will get the ant to sink its jaws into the wound, and by breaking the head off of the body, causing a natural suture.  This process is repeated until the cut is closed.  

Then you pickup the most metal guitar you can find, and you play the intro to Raining Blood until you puke from the pain.

Remember to commemorate it with a tattoo

No, you gotta play "Roots", "Kaiowas" or "Rattamahata" or it didn't happen
Quote by diabolical
No, you gotta play"Kaiowas" or it didn't happen

I support this
"I definitely don’t write all my music in a blackout, like I used to, although I did come up with some good stuff in a blackout."
-Matt Fucking Pike