Hey guys,

I'd like to get your input on my latest track.
The song was recorded by me, with my brother on the drums.

Share your stuff aswell and I'll give you feedback

Peace

Last edited by Hesker at Jul 20, 2017,
It sounds to me like there's some dissonance with the bell and the guitars in the intro, you should look into that.
Vocals could use just a little bit more distortion/overdrive or maybe a little more fry from the singer or maybe be sung in a higher tone, they sound a little bit dead along the rest of the instruments.
I really like how you managed to capture that old school feel, from the music itself to the mixing. You really did a great job
Thanks for the input, I'm glad that you enjoyed the music!

Yeah I'll try to tinker with the tuning of the bell, I've had other people tell me the same thing. Ran it through a tuner, which showed That it was in E, but that obviously didn't do the trick

I also agree about my vocals, it was my first time recording, and I realise now that I should have pushed a bit harder. I'm working on a couple of more songs, so I'll try to correct this for my future attempts, and maybe rerecord these at a later stage.

Thanks for the input \m/
Quote by Hesker
Hey guys,

I'd like to get your input on my latest track.
The song was recorded by me, with my brother on the drums.

Share your stuff aswell and I'll give you feedback

Peace

Dude, I loved this track.  I immediately thought of Metallica's "And Justice For All" album.  This sounds so close to that tone, production, and style it's uncanny.  A lot of people hate on that album, mainly because of the production -- however, in my opinion it is far and away their best album in terms of heaviness, tone, and yes, even production.  So I may be alone in saying I think your tone and mixing is perfect!  I did hear some clipping at certain points throughout the song -- it's possibly you're recording too loud or have the gain on channels up a bit too high.  As the guy above said, I think this song could benefit from a tad more aggression on the vocals -- but I don't mean death metal vocals or growls necessarily.  At around 2:59, your vocals had what I thought was the perfect amount of snarl and "bite" for this song.  Perhaps just a bit more of that here and there throughout the song and it'd be perfect.  All in all, a great listen -- I'd like to hear more.

Here's an instrumental death metal song I just finished; I'll probably write some lyrics and do some vocals at some point, but I always do the whole song first before I get to that.  Anyway, I'd appreciate your feedback if you've got the time:  https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1756836#1
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
KailMhey man, thank you so much for the kind words! I'm really happy that you enjoyed the listen. I can hear that you really got what I was going for, cool to hear that you also enjoy the production on AJFA. I think alot of people miss how well the production goes with the theme of the lyrics and the riffs. Thats what makes it a true work of art in my book, all aspects of the album just flow so seamlessly in painting a very clear picture of their message. Anyway, that was definitely my number 1 reference in the mixing of the song! I hope to incorprate elements of the sound, and really make it my own. Because I also agree with the aspect that it can sound a little bit flat sometimes haha.

Thank you for the criticism, I'll make sure to check that I'm not clipping on future recordings! I'll also work to get my vocals up to par.

I will give you some feedback, even though I'm not very knowledgeable about death metal. Maybe an outsiders perspective can be of use. I'll answer in your thread!

Thanks a bunch!