Ok so i couldn't find much between them and I'm very confused about this. So I'm saying good bye to my cort cr250 because I'm not quite comfortable with it's vintage style neck which is quite thick. So I'm getting 2 offers for one is a schecter omen extreme which is 2 years old for a little less than 250$ and another 6 months old jackson js32q with a hard gator case free for 310$ which is in mint condition. The jackson is to be shipped so cannot try it. I haven't ever had a floyd rose and really want to play some cool stuff with it. I'll eventually change the pickups in some time on either of the guitar with Seymour duncans.
I'm not sure about which one to get and I'm really confused and can use a little advice here. Don't kill me for another thread like this xD.
I'm quite new here.
And yes i like playing hard rock and metal mostly like a7x and also some gnr stuff.
Also i can get the Jackson for same price as schecter without the hard case.
Last edited by rohan2395 at Jul 17, 2017,
Anyone? 😨 Who has used any of those models?
Last edited by rohan2395 at Jul 17, 2017,
Well, both are the low end of each company's offerings. The Floyd Rose are the Special model, which takes short cuts in production and is an inferior model compared to regular FRs. For $300, you could get better from either company. Like I got my Schecter Damien for $150. It is based on the C1 model, just like the Omen. On the Jackson side SLAT/X would fall un the range as well.

They're not unusable and you could do worse. However, both are value-oriented models. Ive tried the JS32 and versus a SLATXMG, the SLAT is a much better axe.
I dont think moving from your Cort this will be an upgrade, more of a lateral move. Honestly, if you want new and are un the US, consider Rondomusic.com
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
Agree with what has been said above, but if I had to pick the Schecter or Jackson I would go with the Jackson for the simple reason of the neck. Schecters have a chunkier neck and if that is the problem you have with your Cort you may find the Schecter be the same. The Floyd on the JS model won't be great but it may work fine, and if not then you can always block it. Don't bother with the hard case, a good padded gig bag will be fine for starting out.
Thanks both of you I'll look for other guitars or get jackson.
Anyone who has played with that jackson fr?
I've played with it a little in store, but I have not personally owned one, or any FR. By my understanding of things. FR Specials are made in a way to make them cheaper than the Original Floyd Rose spec. As a general rule from those in the know, it's better to get something with an OFR or FRT1000/1500/2000 if you want a double-locking trem. Personally, after enough reading, an new special is probably going to be fine, but if I want something long-term, it's better to get something with the better crafted bridge. 

I almost got the JS32 after it came out in Orange, but then saw something else I wanted more.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer