Page 1 of 2
I was just on the long drive home from Scotland down back South with my parents. It's a journey we used to make every year and I remember on the way back we'd always get the "treat" of a Little Chef at the end of the holiday. This was just a chain of roadside diners in the UK but they did proper sit down food which was decent but not amazing. It was a nice way to end the holiday and I'll always remember the times I spent there on a Sunday summer evening.

The chain of restaurants has been struggling however and went down from about 400 across the UK to now about 70. We just tried to get some dinner in one of the few remaining ones but it was only open 7am-3pm so we were too late. It's a shame that these sit down restaurants have been replaced largely by places selling fast food (Burger King, Maccies)

I shouldn't really be sad about it but I was. It's just business and a chain closing down but given that it's niche isn't there or hasn't been filled but it made me sad.

So what are some things that shouldn't make you sad that make you sad

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
If I'm sad about something, then that's what I truly feel. I don't search for defense mechanisms to tell the world why I shouldn't be sad about it; that's a bitch move. Grief is natural, and those who put on a front to show everyone that they never feel the pain of loss are sociopaths.

Edit: Even worse are, actors, who do feel the pain, yet manipulate their audience into thinking they've conquered their inner-demons to portray something meaningful (specious activity).
В словах есть что-то неприличное.
Last edited by Zaphikh at Jul 17, 2017,
Holidays
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
summer

finishing a good book or film
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Listening to one of my favorite bands that is no longer together.
Quote by WCPhils
finishing a good book or film

This, but specifically for The Big Lebowski. Not just because it's my favorite, but because I used to watch it with my dad, who passed away in 2008. Sort of feels like I'm watching it with him. So when it ends, it's a weird sensation of like "he was here for a bit but is gone again." Doesn't help that the ending is surprisingly pensive, if not in a silly way.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
i know i should not be sad that Jesus was crucified, because now all the True Believers can go to Heaven & bask in the Glory of The LORD, but it is just so tragic imo imo
last week it was my birthday

i didn't feel any different on the day and that made me feel sort of empty

like by reason I knew it shouldn't have but eh

Quote by neidnarb11890 i know i should not be sad that Jesus was crucified, because now all the True Believers can go to Heaven & bask in the Glory of The LORD, but it is just so tragic imo imo

rip in peace xx
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
When king of the hill got canned.

Dang it bobby.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Zaphikh
If I'm sad about something, then that's what I truly feel. I don't search for defense mechanisms to tell the world why I shouldn't be sad about it; that's a bitch move. Grief is natural, and those who put on a front to show everyone that they never feel the pain of loss are sociopaths.

Edit: Even worse are, actors, who do feel the pain, yet manipulate their audience into thinking they've conquered their inner-demons to portray something meaningful (specious activity).

You must be real fun at parties.

assuming they are playing "spin the wet blanket in the drier until he gets a concussion
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
ETR: I'm sad about small businesses closing

Also ETR: Open borders and high taxes pls
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by drdoom8793

tfw you listen to the last song from a band's last album

and you think like oh man this was the end of them right here

especially if a band broke up because of and almost immediately after the death of one of the members
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by StewieSwan
ETR: I'm sad about small businesses closing

Also ETR: Open borders and high taxes pls

High corporation taxes on big companies

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Finishing a phenomenal videogame like TLOU, because I know the 2nd playthrough won't be as exciting.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by Zaphikh

I disagree. 

In my experience, there is a time and place for when appearing resilient in the face of sadness is appropriate, such as when trying to act as a role model towards people who may be incapable of understanding your grief, or a scenario were explaining your grief would put you in a compromising position. Such as appearing resilient in the face of inevitably having to explain to the 4 year old kids what has happened to their grandmother at the hospital. Appearing resilient when your father's alzheimer's disease makes them extremely difficult to live with and they require your almost constant care. And then having to maintain a professional attitude to protect your job and therefore the livelihoods of said kids and said father. Life is almost never that cut and dry to believe that hiding your emotions all the time or expressing them openly is always the right answer.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
when i finish a tv series on netflix or another streaming service, and the shows been canceled 
There are a lot of things that have gone away small businesses offer a more personalised service that big business just don't give a shit about, we have a neighborhood grocery store that is just the same as it was in the 1970's it's our go to to pick up things when we run out like milk or other perishables but they can't compete price wise with the big supermarkets so we can't afford to do all of our shopping there that kinda stuff makes me sad because that is what is killing off the small businesses.

I am sad that I can't call any business that has a friend human answer the phone.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

the feeling that i want/need to leave New Jersey, but i also don't want to.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug

Just because she got some ill-advised tattoos and looks older now.

Like I'd still eat her butt but still.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
fucking hell, Little Chef. Havent heard about or seen one of those for yeaaaaars

We always used to see who could get the most of those free lollies they give on the way out. Remember coming out with both pockets full and shitting myself that the staff would be coming after me

This was when I was like 23
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
When king of the hill got canned.

Dang it bobby.

To be fair, everything after like season 5 or 6 was pretty terrible.
Quote by Jackintehbox
To be fair, everything after like season 5 or 6 was pretty terrible.

Leave the memories alone plz
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
i almost bought a Chuck Mangione record the other day...

RIP King of the Hill

mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
When restaurants I've never been to close down
cat
Quote by drdoom8793

I've been doing that my entire life, so I don't relate…
Just a teenage girl who loves playing guitar way too much, if that's even possible.

I live for my girlfriend. <3
Quote by gogiregion
huh?

a lot of my favorite bands had been broken up or had a dead singer, etc years before i listened to them and it was always a bit depressing knowing i'd never get a chance to see them live.

more irritatingly, a few of my favorites broke up between a year and a few months after i'd gotten into them.

then there's the ones i put off until it was too late like the Beastie Boys
Quote by gogiregion

Well aren't you special.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
huh?

a lot of my favorite bands had been broken up or had a dead singer, etc years before i listened to them and it was always a bit depressing knowing i'd never get a chance to see them live.

more irritatingly, a few of my favorites broke up between a year and a few months after i'd gotten into them.

then there's the ones i put off until it was too late like the Beastie Boys

Ah, okay. I personally just got numb to that, and really only one band has been like that to me (Black Sabbath), mostly because I only listened to The Beatles untul about two years ago…
Just a teenage girl who loves playing guitar way too much, if that's even possible.

I live for my girlfriend. <3
I get this strange sense of sadness I never understood when I see a small child being looked after by their grandparent(s). It's probably a feeling of nostalgia but I am unsure completely.

As well as that, bands that I'll never see live, like I may have to give up tickets for in November
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by theogonia777
You must be real fun at parties.
You would think so, but I'm really not.
В словах есть что-то неприличное.
Quote by sam b
fucking hell, Little Chef. Havent heard about or seen one of those for yeaaaaars

We always used to see who could get the most of those free lollies they give on the way out. Remember coming out with both pockets full and shitting myself that the staff would be coming after me

This was when I was like 23

I remember the free lollys! Such a tragic loss for our society.

You know when people ask why you're sad
and you tell them why you're sad
and they say you have no right to be sad about that because other people have real problems

That makes me kind of sad
Last edited by sashki at Jul 18, 2017,
Quote by sashki
You know when people ask why you're sad
and you tell them why you're sad
and they say you have no right to be sad about that because other people have real problems

That makes me kind of sad

It makes me wonder why those exact same people don't also say that you don't have any right to be happy either, because other people have it far better then you do.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Because they aren't actually trying to give you perspective, they just want you to stop whining (which is understandable, but also makes me sad)

"Others have it worse" == "I don't care"
Last edited by sashki at Jul 18, 2017,
Joke's on whoever edited the age from 7 to 23 in my earlier post. I'd still do it now if I could/ever went in a Little Chef
Page 1 of 2