Hi there, got an almost finished demo I'd like some feedback for.  I'm planning an album and this is one of the mellower tracks. I guess it sounds like a combination of Enslaved and Leprous?

Currently writing lyrics for some singing and harsh vocals, but otherwise it's essentially done.  There are certain things I'm not sure about here, but I think it's better if I let you guys point it out.  Thanks for listening!

https://soundcloud.com/visiblenoise-2/into-the-mountains
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Last edited by vIsIbleNoIsE at Jul 18, 2017,
Only two things I could think of that could be changed were the part after the intro and the solo. The intro builds a lot of tension and having a heavier part come after that instead of a calmer part could be nice. And the solo feels too much like an improvisation at some parts, you can hear those "go to" licks here and there, not much of it feels like that, though.
The song flows extremely nicely all the way through, with barely any repetition and the length of the song feels just fine. The track is a killer, very nice work!
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
Hi there, got an almost finished demo I'd like some feedback for.  I'm planning an album and this is one of the mellower tracks.  I guess it sounds like a combination of Enslaved and Leprous?

Currently writing lyrics for some singing and harsh vocals, but otherwise it's essentially done.  There are certain things I'm not sure about here, but I think it's better if I let you guys point it out.  Thanks for listening!

https://soundcloud.com/visiblenoise-2/into-the-mountains

Nice intro!  Guitars at the beginning definitely sound similar to some of Enslaved's newer offerings.  I like the shift at 1:18 into heavier/faster drumming and rhythm guitars.  However, I think that part could benefit from a little heavier/more aggressive tones to bring more contrast between it and the intro and softer passages.  All in all, it's a very interesting piece that goes in lots of different directions, but the risk in that is that if taken too far, the song starts and ends in different places.

For example, at 3:47, there's another creative shift in feel and in the riffs themselves.  Everything is very musical and performed quite well, I might add.  But after that passage beginning at 3:47, I was kind of waiting for it to resolve back to something more familiar from the early half of the song, but the song just kept going in that direction.  That resulted in the song feeling kind of like two or three different songs pushed together into one, to me at least.  Perhaps that's just the nature of 'progressive' music; or perhaps it will all tie-together better in the context of the whole album?  Overall, very nice mixing, composition, and performances -- definitely not a basic metal song.  I'll have to listen to it several more times to get to the bottom of it, I think.  Nice work!

If you like death metal, here's my latest if you'd care to give it a review:  https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1756836
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Hello and thanks for checking out my track. 

This is really impressive work. This definitely has a very proggy feel to it. The composition is pretty outstanding and has a lot of really nice touches (the little synth parts around 4:50 ish) but you havent over used like them like I normally do. I also really liked the plucked strings in the intro - they fit in the mix nicely. 

The only comment I can really make is to say I might have gone with a more heavily distorted guitar tone - and probably ruined it knowing me!

I look forward to hearing it with vocals.

Cheers
Very cool riffs, man. I'm digging the almost cheesy, but still cool synths early in the track. Then later, they really add a cool element to the sound, sorta Opeth-y in parts, and definitely some later Enslaved in there.The only thing I'd say I'm not wild about is the guitar tone. It's just a little weak, and doesn't really match the quality of the song writing. More bite would do these riffs much more justice!

Awesome to see you're still writing music man, this is a cool song.
Last edited by ExDementia at Aug 8, 2017,