Hi all, I've lurked for a while and enjoyed/learned from your posts. The pics will show I'm a huge Hendrix fan. Heard Purple Haze when I was 8 years old (I'm 36 now) and that was it. Saved for over a year and bought my first real guitar at age 15 after some cheap models... a Fender VoodooCaster. Still have it as pic shows, and added a couple of others. Which brings me to my question- I bought an SG1 off a guy who was in need of some cash. I didn't pay much, but I'm having a hard time figuring out exactly what it is. He said it was a reissue, but all the reissues I've see of like the '61 SG's don't match this neck or fret inlays. It was mfd. in 2011 according to back of neck. I'm not going to be disappointed regardless of what it is, but I'd like to know what I have. I've only ever sold one guitar, but I might thin some of my new models in order to get a couple I've been eyeing. Any input is very appreciated.

nice gear!

wrong place though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Cool guitars!

The only SG-1's I have seen were single pup models. Your guitar looks like a P-90 SG Special type. I would guesstimate some kind of 60's Tribute model.
Quote by Guitaraxe
Cool guitars!

The only SG-1's I have seen were single pup models. Your guitar looks like a P-90 SG Special type. I would guesstimate some kind of 60's Tribute model.

Agreed.  Gibson reissued that model as the Limited Run SG Special '60s Tribute in 2016.

There was a 1990 SG-1 with a single PU, the bridge HB, and it was a reissue of the '70s model of the same name which was an entry-level model produced from 1971-74.
Ippon
Quote by Guitaraxe
Cool guitars!

Thanks very much for the response guys... including the one telling me I'm in the wrong place (maybe let me a guy know where the right place is next time). Regardless I appreciate your time taken for pointing me in the right direction on what I might have.
Last edited by gabledyes at Jul 18, 2017,
I mean, its just a different finish but its the same guitar as yours. 

Yours is an SG special '60s tribute in worn natural. 
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.