I was wondering what cheap, but decent tube amp head would get close to adam jone's tone. I was thinking about a Mashall dsl15h but thats a little out of my price range so now I'm looking at a Panama Fuego. What do you guys think.
What is your actual budget?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Maybe Jet CIty or Valveking? I don't remember anything that particularly amazing about his tone, I remember it was warm and vibey. Hwever...based on this...

I hear a rectifier in there though...so at the ultra cheap Bugera Trirec might nail the distortion sounds the closest. Cheapest quality version - Mesa Mini Rectifier.
With the Jet City or VK you'll need a boost most likely and won't have quite that rectifier bite but it should do if you're not particular at getting really close...or might try a Wampler Triple Wreck pedal into VK clean channel.

What I found is either this or two DIezel amps for his rig, so that's a bit wild. I really don't know what he does with the Marshall, probably clean tones...
Here's his gear:
http://equipboard.com/pros/adam-jones

And this might help you dial things in once you get an amp:

A Panama might get you there- the guy in the vid used one, but his was pricier than the one you're looking at. A Jet City is another good option.

I have seen Carvin X100b heads for that price, that could do the trick. Every once in a while, used V3M heads fall into your budget, too.

A Quilter Toneblock 200 or 201- both non-modeling solid state heads- can do the job.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
i could have picked up a x100b a year or so for $100ish that would need to be recovered, but i decided i didn't  need 21 tube amps. 

they are cool though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Not gonna lie, the lead guitarist in a band I was in about 10 years ago used a Line6 POD for everything.  We played a few TOOL songs and it sounded really good.  God, I hate admitting to that ......
The best thing would be to get a really cheap tube amp with a nice clean channel and then use the  Diezel VH4 Pedal. It costs roughly $300 but it emulates the channel 3 setting Jones uses and you can't get much closer than that without buying the actual $3000 amp.
I've tried this pedal and it really does the Adam Jones tone - he's one of my favorite guitarists so I'm always trying to grab his tone technique.
Get a boss flanger as well ;-)
Hooper drives the boat chief...