I love the sound I get out of this thing but I have the strange suspicion I'm not using it correctly. I checked out some other forums and I read that people have the settings already between 10 and 2 o clock. I have to always have both the output and sensitivity all the way turned up to get the required volume and sound out of it. I obviously thought about turning my amp up, but if the compressor is off, the volume is way too loud.

What the hell am I doing wrong? 
Hooper drives the boat chief...
something seems not quite right...

also, i hated the dynacomp i had. noisy. not right for me. oversquashed everything.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
People who complain that their compressor is 'too noisy' make me lol.

I'm not sure how anyone can expect to not be noisy with a compressor if the signal-noise ratio of the signal you're putting into it is already poor.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I love the dynacomp-start combination. I like having the output at 2-3 o'clock and then the sensitivity at 9-10 o'clock.
Line the output up with your amp's volume. If you want it truly just for compression, you'll want the output the same as the amp (so no volume change when you turn it on/off). Unless you want this to also be a boost, then obviously you'll want the volume to increase when you turn it on...

For sensitivity, I'd start at 12 o'clock and play around with it to find how much squish you are looking for.