Hey guys.

I need some help with something and your suggestions on how i can improve on it.Many times when i try to learn some songs i can play them at a slower speed than the original one,for example at 75% of the normal speed and when i try to get closer to the actual song speed it seems impossible to play ..I have tried playing with a metronome and raising the BPMs a bit from the point where I start to stuggle a bit..

So what can I do in order to get past that "barrier"??
Very hard to sy without knowing what you're trying to play.

However, if you have a computer, you could get a copy of Transcribe from seventhstring ... this lets you change the speed from 5% to 200% the original speed, without changing pitch.  So you could loop the tricky section and gradually nudge the speed, and suss out where your fingers are failing you, and work on that (excess motion, excess bodily tension, missing the fret, missing the string, hitting wrong string, playing out of time, one finger misbehaving, ...).

It's an extremely useful tool to have.  I use it very regularly.
As mentioned above it's hard to say without knowing what you're trying to play. That aside, however, it sounds like what you're trying to play is simply too difficult for you. Essentially everyone has a speed barrier which they can't surpass, and it sounds like you've found your barrier. So how do you pass it? Well the only answer is practice.
Practice, practice, practice and then some more practice. After that do a little more practice followed by some more practice.
These things don't happen overnight, they take a lot of time. There are times when it helps to be realistic and set small goals instead of big ones. Having big goals can be very discouraging and at times can break a person, so be realistic and realize that in time all the small steps are going to accumulate to make one big step.
i play mostly metal and stuff but when i posted the thread for example i was playing blod ant thunder by mastodon..and i can
play the whole song at like 75% of the actual speed and like 50% at the solo section but when i try to go up it seems impossible.. i have tried with gp that i am learning the song to raise it like 2-3 BPMs but there seems to be a point that it get unplayable...and ofcourse i am not trying to play like a sick buckethead solo i am playing stuff most guys say can play .. but the issues is the speed.. and I know that i have to have lots of patience and it takes an incredible amount of practice time to get good but i have gotten a bit dissapointed lately because i don't seem to be making any progress at all and as much as i try not think of it and think about the truth that you don't good overnight,the dissapointment is still there i guess..
blackthorn5551 the problem really is that you're just playing without any mind as to what you need to do to improve.  That's fine, lots of people do it, but it's not really practice.

The thing you need to do is to figure out what it is that you're not doing right.  It might be that you're tensing up too much, your fingers are making huge movements, any number of things might be getting in your way.

The best thing to do in this situation is to video yourself playing whatever it is to the best of your ability.  Then you can step back, put the guitar down, and really look at what it is that you're doing and spot whatever is holding you back.  That's a pretty daunting prospect, I understand that, so if you don't know what you're looking for or if you can't seem to see anything, then put the video on youtube and post it here so we can take a look and point you in the right direction.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.