Hey guys,

So basically I'm coming in to a large influx of cash over the coming weeks and in typical 24 year old fashion I'm going to blow a bunch of it on gear.
Now I'm mainly looking for recommendations on what I could add to my home setup to further benefit my sound. My set-up is almost exclusively for home playing / recording but I'm looking to start playing at small venues in the near future.

Currently I'm running my Axe FX2 in to the return of my 6505+ upgraded with a v30 speaker. I quite like the sound but I'm sure there's something more that can be done to it, in particular with my "cabinet". I play primarily progressive metal, but I do dabble in some Blues/Roots and Muse etc, but in particular I'm going for a real quality distorted sound, in particular that of John Petrucci, Jari Maenpaa of Wintersun and Paul Waggoner of Between the Buried and Me.
I also have a real cheap recording setup of my Focusrite Scarlett Solo and a Perception AKG 120 microphone, but I'm intending on finally buying an SM57. I don't have studio monitors because I'm pretty clueless when it comes to that stuff honestly.

My budget is no more than $1500 AUD and I am willing to go used. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by vayne92 at Jul 18, 2017,
Maybe get rid of the 6505 since you're just using it as power amp? Then get a power amp and a 4x12 or 4x12, or go stereo.... I don't know what would work good with AxeFx, people usually are going solid state on this and even using powered monitors.