Poll Options
View poll results: What would you do?
Let the child die in peace
23 92%
Try to keep the child alive
2 8%
Voters: 25.
Page 1 of 3
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4709122/US-expert-fails-Charlie-s-doctors-reconsider.html

Charlie Gard is given US citizenship by congress so 'he can fly to America for treatment'

What do you think about this issue? Should they just let the child die despite his physical condition or are the parents right in trying out experimental treatment on him in order to keep him alive?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
You know when someone has a really ill/old pet and they're just keeping it alive for themselves?
put the kid down

but if some guys in america want to pay for some untested treatment, likely because they just want to show up the NHS, then they should be able to go for it if the other option is giving up. I felt the same about that other family before who wanted to take their kid to some eastern european clinic, as long as the NHS ain't paying for it and there isn't some clear child abuse going on, let them go.

also lol @ anyone trying to cuss out GOSH, they are pretty much seen as saints here and get all the donations.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
give this beautiful little boy the experimental medication it's what GOD would have wanted
He can't breathe, swallow, see, hear, move, make any noise or cry and is (obviously) severely brain damaged.  

I mean, I'm not a parent so have no idea how I'd feel, but yeah. What are they really hoping to get out of it?  On a human level though, they're parents and are being told to kill their child. 
Last edited by sam b at Jul 19, 2017,
Quote by sam b
He can't breathe, swallow, see, hear, move, make any noise or cry and is (obviously) severely brain damaged.   

Good is so, so good
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by sam b

God has a plan for all of us  
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by zgr0826
God has a plan for all of us  

But for some people, that plan is just

Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal
But for some people, that plan is just FUCK MY SHIT UP

Quote by ErikLensherr

Nice selfie
Quote by Diemon Dave
i mean i'm not about to read a daily mail article but last i checked it was unknown whether he could feel pain

so basically it's a gamble of either keeping him alive is an act of cruelty or it's a futile waste of hospitals' resources
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
It makes sense to from a research point of view to learn more about his condition, but it could be cruel to make him live through that.

But being honest, I'd trust Great Ormond Street's decision. I really doubt that they would've taken the decision to let a child die lightly.
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
Last edited by 剣 斧 血 at Jul 19, 2017,
I feel like the parents are just delaying the inevitable. Even if treatment works, what kind of life is it going to have? A very shit one. 

Seems like it would be best to let it die and make another baby instead
I have nothing important to say
Quote by sam b

I mean, I'm not a parent so have no idea how I'd feel, but yeah. What are they really hoping to get out of it?  On a human level though, they're parents and are being told to kill their child. 

Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Why does he need to be alive when he cant experience anything ? Just think about it. What purpose will his life have if he does miraculousy survive? Survival of the fittest. Not everyone is supposed to survive the odds. I'm not one of those "humans are playing the god card" types, but this really is one of this situations.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by The_Blode
^
Leave poor ziggy alone man. P sure I brutally explained to you you took that out of context.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Leave poor ziggy alone man. P sure I brutally explained to you you took that out of context.

You did. I really don't want to have to be the one to tell him, and I appreciate your sacrifice.

That would be a p good song title, "My Sacrifice"

Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by JackSaints
I feel like the parents are just delaying the inevitable. Even if treatment works, what kind of life is it going to have? A very shit one. 

Seems like it would be best to let it die and make another baby instead

I think the problem is the money was raised to give it a shot. Originally, the option to try was blocked. I mean, if someone has a chance at life with an experimental treatment, what's left to lose? I mean, the odds aren't good anyway on survival, so why the hell not? I totally understand insurance or the hospital saying they are at the limitations of what they can do. I don't understand them coming out and saying something can't be tried, not they're unable to do it or can't cover it.  
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
i'm not a parent so i can't comment on what the parents are going through and their decision etc etc

but politically this is such a dickmove for america. trying to assert a moral and medical superiority like this is ethically messed up
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
He's effectively brain dead, and keeping him alive is inhumane imo.

That said it the experimental research might give us a better understanding of his condition, but I'm aware there's huge ethical issues seeing it'd be using him like a lab rat.

It's very sad but I think he should be allowed to die peacefully, and all the people saying "but this highly experimental, untested treatment could work" are naive. If gosh have said its best to let him pass away then it's probably for the best
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by Bladez22
He's effectively brain dead, and keeping him alive is inhumane imo.

That said it the experimental research might give us a better understanding of his condition, but I'm aware there's huge ethical issues seeing it'd be using him like a lab rat.

It's very sad but I think he should be allowed to die peacefully, and all the people saying "but this highly experimental, untested treatment could work" are naive. If gosh have said its best to let him pass away then it's probably for the best

It's like people believe that the doctors there - particularly the ones who would have formed the ethics committee(s) that discussed the case - decided it would be opposites day or something when they made their decisions.
Quote by Diemon Dave
I think the American doctor should be ashamed. Charging thousands of dollars for a treatment that is 90% likely to have no effect at all and if it is successful, will only prevent any deterioration.

I feel sorry for the parents.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

this reminds me of this awful feelgood story i read a while back.

infant gets shook up by dad, brain damage, mom keeps the kid alive for 20 years despite his brain/mind never developing past infancy.

and the mom was talking about how he "taught them to love" or some shit.

i don't care if it's insensitive: your adjacent-to-brain dead child is about on par with an anime body pillow.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by bjgrifter
I think the problem is the money was raised to give it a shot. Originally, the option to try was blocked. I mean, if someone has a chance at life with an experimental treatment, what's left to lose? I mean, the odds aren't good anyway on survival, so why the hell not? I totally understand insurance or the hospital saying they are at the limitations of what they can do. I don't understand them coming out and saying something can't be tried, not they're unable to do it or can't cover it.  

ethics, clinical trial practise etc.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
you guys know that episode of american dad where Stan can't let their dog die after it gets hit by a car and it ends up a horrifying walking dead frankenstein's monster
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
I have no idea whattup, but I just had a read about the kid in another article

Like seriously, what is the point of him being alive?

"This means, as in Charlie’s case, that sufferers do not get energy to their muscles, kidneys and brain."
Last edited by K'Nuckles at Jul 20, 2017,
Quote by The_Blode
^ it's just forum bantz. . .I believe I'm honing the skill. . .
Would it matter if I, for the billionth time, explain to you how you've severely misunderstood the word?

Like, have you actually tried googling it? It sure doesn't say "repeatedly posting a meme taken out of context in hopes of a response".
Quote by snipelfritz

Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Jul 20, 2017,
Quote by The_Blode
^ memes are a form of forum bantz though, right? That's what I understand. . .I can't think of any memes that aren't banter. . .

No, banter is when you call one friend a piece of s**t while he tells you to kill yourself but neither of you take each other seriously because you're friends.
Quote by snipelfritz

It's not banter.

Stop.

Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by The_Blode
^ it's just forum bantz. . .I believe I'm honing the skill. . .

can you not hijack my thread about a serious issue with your attention seeking thank you.

>Thinks he understands banter
>"Friendly harmless bants"

Quote by snipelfritz

Quote by Joshua Garcia
>Thinks he understands banter
>"Friendly harmless bants"

You piece of shit

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...
Charlie Gard sounds like the name of a PI in a black and white movie. "Charlie Gard here, on the scene to solve this case". Guy could grow up to be the Helen Keller of investigative journalism, and might even figure out why the brits are so heartless.
Quote by Fat Lard
Charlie Gard sounds like the name of a PI in a black and white movie. "Charlie Gard here, on the scene to solve this case". Guy could grow up to be the Helen Keller of investigative journalism, and might even figure out why the brits are so heartless.

We're the ones with the NHS bitch

National Health Service

I think the parents are holding onto hope and feel obligated to try any and everything to keep their child alive, possibly out of fear of guilt if they do not.

This child should be allowed to die in peace and not become the subject of a medical experiment when it seems obvious that, even if he were to survive, he will never have any real quality of life.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by OddOneOut
I think the American doctor should be ashamed. Charging thousands of dollars for a treatment that is 90% likely to have no effect at all and if it is successful, will only prevent any deterioration.

I feel sorry for the parents.
Thats true of all medical treatments, and they all cost something, so you just think everything should be free? Time, resources and labor be damned? Such a stupid outlook.

It's the parents' right to try and do everything they can to keep their kid alive, and there's few people here who have the life experience to speak to that. At any rate, the experimental procedures may add to the limited knowledge of treatment for his condition and medical knowledge generally, so I would say it's never unethical to try.

"Every day I wonder how many things I am dead wrong about."
Page 1 of 3