I traded an Anderson hollow t for this strandberg os6. It's one of the guitars I thought I would never sell. If you had told me 6 years ago I'd be trading a us made guitar for a Korean one I would have slapped you. But here we are.

I just love the enduraneck and headless guitars.

Boden OS6 Trem. Korean Made
chambered swampash body, flamed maple top
maple neck/fretboard
SD JB/jazz pickups

Quality on this one is pretty good. The guy I traded with is also my new guitar tech so the set up is pretty good. A little higher then I'm used too but I can adjust that.

The neck on this one looks good. My os7 has a slight warp but this one is pretty straight. The fretwork is nice and smooth.

Overall pretty happy. I've been after a multiscale with trem for a while.

The pickups gotta get changed though.

The only annoying thing is the design of the bridge. The pivot points come up on the sides of the bridge which make this bridge less comfortable and flat then the hard tail.

I did dive bombs all day on this thing and the tuning stability has been great. The slight fan is super comfortable.

I don't think the value proposition of my trade was very good though. I've done some more research on the trem design and it seems that the new series has a different trem design that might be a little bit better then the one's on this series. The new trem guitars are 300 dollars more but you get an ebony fretboard, suhr pickups, and the new trem. I think i wouldn't advice paying full price for an older os6 trem and instead paying a bit more for the new prog/fusion series.

That being said...I'm fairly happy with this thing.

Djent club family shot

Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Wow it's ugly, but everyone has different taste. Have a great time with your new guitar.
Quote by kambel79
Wow it's ugly, but everyone has different taste. Have a great time with your new guitar.

It's ok. Everyone has to be horrendously wrong once in a while.

Quote by Ippon
It's missing a 7th.

Wait do you have a seven trem? Those are friggin unicorns. I think imma get one when the progs are more available.

Congrats, I prefer head myself

Have fun and rock on
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by kambel79

These things grow on you -- the body shape is absolutely perfect for seated playing, the fan frets actually follow the natural position of your hands when you're playing, you get a long scale in a compact size guitar, you don't bash your headstock into amps, mike stands, cymbals and other guitar players, and the things weigh under six pounds (give or take).

Sometimes ugly is seriously smart.
Quote by I K0nijn I
Nice! Lovely guitars. 

I do hope you didn't do a straight swap value-wise..  

i actually came out ahead actual cost wise...trems are selling for over new price now.
i didn't come ahead value wise.

It wasn't the best trade...but I can go on eBay right now and get another hollow t for about 2k. and i can go on eBay and never find another strandberg trem because they don't exist....so it's like kinda good and kinda bad?

I like the maple better than the new ebony boards. The Original 7 and the Prog look to be the same except for the maple and a few hundred dollar price difference which would be nice if either of them were available at all, ever. 

Please get a prog. 
sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Roc8995
I like the maple better than the new ebony boards. The Original 7 and the Prog look to be the same except for the maple and a few hundred dollar price difference which would be nice if either of them were available at all, ever. 

Please get a prog. 

I like streaky ebony. I've got enough dead black ebony to last three more lifetimes.
Quote by AcousticMirror
i actually came out ahead actual cost wise...trems are selling for over new price now.
i didn't come ahead value wise.

It wasn't the best trade...but I can go on eBay right now and get another hollow t for about 2k. and i can go on eBay and never find another strandberg trem because they don't exist....so it's like kinda good and kinda bad?

Didn't know the trem ones were that rare to be honest. Solid deal then!
Quote by dspellman
I like streaky ebony. I've got enough dead black ebony to last three more lifetimes.

Agreed. Most flavors of natural ebony look good to me, but I don't like the heavily dyed, halfway to plastic stuff that could be any wood-like substance at all underneath the finish. Strandberg doesn't appear to be using that much dye, but it doesn't look entirely natural either. I'd have to see a few up close to have any real opinion on it, but from the photos I see, I prefer their roasted maple boards. 

I guess people want a jet-black board, but to me a lot of the appeal of ebony is a nice tight grain and it seems a shame to finish over it. I guess manufacturers would rather have a consistent product than risk some of their boards looking too funky to sell. I'm sure it doesn't hurt that dying is a lot cheaper than buying and sorting for appearance. 
There are something like 10 different species of Macassar ebony, so you can get some serious variations...

Quote by Roc8995

Please get a prog. 

I've been watching some of these vids and I think the new trem has enough improvements to justify the price

If it's new versus new..I'd definitely just get the prog.
If the os trem is maybe 500 under new then I'd get the os trem...

although honestly there is going to be a chinese trem model and if that is any good at all I'm getting one of those. I have heard nothing but good things about the classics so far...although only like 4 have been sent out to people.

Congrats on your new strandy! AcousticMirror That is one awesome guitar. Might not fit well on a stand, but very comfortable to play

Just want to point out, if you're going to restring it, make sure to have it all set and tuned up and locked down (the head-part locks) before cutting off the excess string because if you cut too short.. rip.
Gear:
- ESP LTD MH-50
- Strandberg OS 7
- A cheap fender strat knock-off not worth naming
- Garageband
- Boss GT-1
- Potato
Last edited by Parac at Jul 23, 2017,
Quote by Parac
Congrats on your new strandy! AcousticMirror That is one awesome guitar. Might not fit well on a stand, but very comfortable to play

Just want to point out, if you're going to restring it, make sure to have it all set and tuned up and locked down (the head-part locks) before cutting off the excess string because if you cut too short.. rip.

They fit fine on a multi stand. Single stand...probably gotta buy the strandberg stand.

BTW, we have to talk to Ola Strandberg about his videos. Shooting an instructional video with a black trem against a black background really doesn't work. And when he's putting a hair-thin wrench into a near-invisible hole, it's worth telling him that he needs to do a B roll of closeups of those actions and maybe have someone teach him how to light. And that he doesn't have to talk and do all at once -- it's actually more useful to do a voice-over. I wouldn't mention it if I weren't getting all squinty trying to see what the heck he was doing.
Quote by dspellman
BTW, we have to talk to Ola Strandberg about his videos. Shooting an instructional video with a black trem against a black background really doesn't work. And when he's putting a hair-thin wrench into a near-invisible hole, it's worth telling him that he needs to do a B roll of closeups of those actions and maybe have someone teach him how to light. And that he doesn't have to talk and do all at once -- it's actually more useful to do a voice-over. I wouldn't mention it if I weren't getting all squinty trying to see what the heck he was doing.

Ya I have no clue what's going on in his videos. But he does talk like that all the time. He's never excited.