Hi guys

Ill try to keep this simple:
I need a reverb pedal and would like to be able to do this kind of effect:

Now not all of it is for ambient guitar use but when needed id really love to sound like that...

Im having a hard time deciding if neunaber or strymon

Never tested any of them as theres nowhere to do it near my place so based only on yt clips.

I like how strymon looks like, only thing that bothers me is its shimmer sound too trebbly, like magic dust thrown in the air... And that trails cut off abruptly when swtiching between favorite and normal option.

The neunaber would be the expanse series plus exp controller having acced to 4 effects and 2 preseys for each.

In the videos ive seen, neunaber sound seems better than strymon, more dark and ambient, but strymon has damp and delay controls which could make it more versatile, only downside being the trails cutting when when using favorite.

About neunaber downside is that you need the exp controller to really take advantage of the pedal, but at least trails wont cut off when changing presets (but they do cut off when changing effect). Only thing that bothers me here is how practical would be the exp controller in real life situation....

Id like to read your thoughts and recommendations about it

Thanks!
Last edited by carpercen at Jul 21, 2017,
Neunaber does it's things amazingly (really wet ambient verb), but imo it's other verbs are a little lacking - I prefer the strymon for pretty much everything else. I haven't extensively used the shimmers. The strymon flint imo has the best ambient reverb of the strymon line, but lacks the versatility of strymon's other reverbs (although the flints tremolo is pretty fantastic...). I can't watch the video at the moment, but I'm assuming it's these kind of tones.

Strymon's stuff is generally pretty bright; I like that, others don't. Also check out the mxr m300 - I haven't tried one personally, but it seems to be of the same caliber as the strymon and neunaber. Everything I've heard of it sounds good.

Would you be looking at the bluesky or the bigsky? I'm pretty sure with the bigsky the trails persist through preset changes. 

Personally, I'd choose a bigsky over a neunaber, but a neunaber over a bluesky. Then again, I'm currently in the market for a reverb myself and have considered all these options (as well as empress, eventide, and a few others) and am now leaning towards the flint. This is partly because of the tremolo, but also because I think it's verbs are better than the other strymons, but less versatile.
RIP Gooze

cats
mulefish
Ive seen a lot of videos and flint sounds great but for ambient stuff i think bluesky does a better job.

I really like the bluesky, it looks freaking killer while neunaber sounds great its construction doesnt looks like metal, it looks like somekind of plastic material. Thats something that worries me.

If i go the neunaber route, it would be 239 expanse pedal + 99 exp controller plus shipping etc, etc
It would 40 usd more expensive than the bluesky...

What are the most noticeable difference between both of them?
Quote by mulefish

I'm currently in the market for a reverb myself and have considered all these options (as well as empress, eventide, and a few others) and am now leaning towards the flint. This is partly because of the tremolo, but also because I think it's verbs are better than the other strymons, but less versatile.

Thank you, have been considering these two reverbs as well and was leaning towards the blue sky but will check out the flint.