Page 1 of 2
Hey everyone!

Can any pedal geeks give me some recommendations?

I'm a blues/jazz guitarist and I could need some help with my first pedal board.

I'm looking to start with:
Overdrive
Tremolo
Delay
Boost
Wah wah

Any recommendations?
Thanks
Lots of option out there these days..... here are a some over the counter types to maybe check out... 

Wah... Dunlop 535Q Multi-Wah 

Delay... Boss DD7 ,  MXR Carbon Copy 

Tremolo... Boss TR-2 , Voodoo Labs Trem, EHX-Pulsar 

Overdrive... TS9, Boss SD-1, MXR iL Torino OD 

Boost... EHX-LBP-1, MXR Micro amp, Boss GE-7 EQ 
@monwobobbo 

I am playing a fender stratocaster with an fender rod hot deluxe. Well mostly it is Blues/ Bluesrock (inspired by Kenny Wayne Shepherd or Joe Bonamassa) and some Jazz standards like "the chicken - jaco pastorious" "cantaloupe island - herbie hancock" etc.
Quote by kentrock
plus chorus and reverb pedals

Oh yeah i forgot the reverb...Do you think a chorus pedal is necessary right away form the beginning?
Quote by Guitaraxe
Lots of option out there these days..... here are a some over the counter types to maybe check out... 

Wah... Dunlop 535Q Multi-Wah 

Delay... Boss DD7 ,  MXR Carbon Copy 

Tremolo... Boss TR-2 , Voodoo Labs Trem, EHX-Pulsar 

Overdrive... TS9, Boss SD-1, MXR iL Torino OD 

Boost... EHX-LBP-1, MXR Micro amp, Boss GE-7 EQ 

WOW!
Thank you for those many suggestions! I definitely gonna check those out
Some OD/Boost options:

Boss BD-2

Keeley Katana Blues Driver (possibly discontinued)

Magnetic Effects Satellite (renamed Sandare):

Magnetic Effects Zola:

ThorpyFX Gunshot:

ThorpyFX Peacekeeper:
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Echoes, Reverbs and Delays:

Catalinbread Belle Epoch

Catalinbread Echoplex

Keeley Aurora

Line 6 Echo Park (discontinued)

Line 6 Verbzilla (discontinued)

Mr. Black Supermoon (has several variations)

Red Witch Titan Triple Delay
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Choruses

TrueTone H2O V3 Echo/Chorus (V2 version produced under original Visual Sound brand name)

Catalinbread Callisto Chorus/Vibrato

Tremolos

EHX Super Pulsar

Red Witch Pentavocal Trem

Quote by Matt_Hornstein
@monwobobbo

I am playing a fender stratocaster with an fender rod hot deluxe. Well mostly it is Blues/ Bluesrock (inspired by Kenny Wayne Shepherd or Joe Bonamassa) and some Jazz standards like "the chicken - jaco pastorious" "cantaloupe island - herbie hancock" etc.

ok. i'll make a couple of suggestions

Morley Classic Wah.  i'm a Morley guy when it comes to wah pedals and my classic works great for the same purpose you are shooting for. it can be used for parked wah sounds which is a plus.

i'll also recommend seeing if you can hunt down a T-Rex Crunchy Frog overdrive. it has a built in boost function that can be used separetely. very touch sensitive which is ideal for blues playing

i'd look at a MXR Carbon Copy or the TC Electronics delay (i use a Lovepedal Gen5 but not to sure how easy they are to find these days) 
dannyalcatraz 

Thanks for the Info! Especially for the videos - very convenient way for me to check those pedals out right now

monwobobbo 
Hell yeah the T-Rex Crunchy Frog overdrive sounds really nice. And the fact that there is also an boost function makes it even more interesting!
Quote by monwobobbo
ok. i'll make a couple of suggestions

Morley Classic Wah.  i'm a Morley guy when it comes to wah pedals and my classic works great for the same purpose you are shooting for. it can be used for parked wah sounds which is a plus.

i'll also recommend seeing if you can hunt down a T-Rex Crunchy Frog overdrive. it has a built in boost function that can be used separetely. very touch sensitive which is ideal for blues playing

i'd look at a MXR Carbon Copy or the TC Electronics delay (i use a Lovepedal Gen5 but not to sure how easy they are to find these days) 

As I recall from Cathbard's praise of them, doesn't Morley use optical switches in those things? No moving parts to wear out? If so, a Morley is about as safe a "tonal investment" as there is.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
As I recall from Cathbard's praise of them, doesn't Morley use optical switches in those things?  No moving parts to wear out?  If so, a Morley is about as safe a "tonal investment" as there is.

yeah no tone pot to wear out. the Classic and the Power versions have the on on/off switch on the side of the pedal so you can park them without disturbing the pedal which is cool. it's also cool to be able to start the sweep in different spots as well. 
doesn't your amp have reverb already? might be one to skip if you're trying to keep the price down.

you might not need boost and OD. or if you do there are quite a few pedals with both in one... though i'm never sure if that's a good idea or not. you're stuck with the two which come together, and if the pedal breaks you've lost two pedals. they're also usually (not always) fairly expensive, boutique pedals too and it often costs no more, and frequently a lot less, to buy they separately.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
What kind of price range are you looking at for the whole board?

Some other thoughts:

DOD Looking Glass overdrive
Zvex Box of Rock (Overdrive/Boost combo)
Xotic RC Booster
Boss TR-2 Tremolo
Earthquaker Disaster Transport Jr (Sr version has modulation switch)
Way Huge Supa Puss (analog w/tap tempo)
Earthquaker Ghost Echo reverb
Red Panda Context reverb (probably a bit more than you need, unless you love deep reverb)
Malekko Spring Chicken

As for actual boards, a Pedaltrain Nano+ will probably work if you throw your wah out front. I don't use wah, so sorry I can't be of help there.
OffsetOffset
Quote by Matt_Hornstein
Do you think a chorus pedal is necessary right away form the beginning?
On this, I would say if you're looking at it from the perspective of which pedals you "should" have, you're kind of doing it wrong. Plenty of guitarists get by with small or nonexistent pedalboards, while some use sprawling masses of pedals. If you don't approach this with an awareness of the sounds you're actually looking to achieve, you're liable to waste your money and your time. So, you need a chorus pedal if you want to make the sounds that a chorus pedal makes

Quote by Dave_Mc
doesn't your amp have reverb already? might be one to skip if you're trying to keep the price down.
I believe that is correct. It might not have quite the range that a pedal reverb can, but a basic spring reverb should be more than capable of providing functional reverb and sounding good doing it.

In terms of my own basic thoughts (and possibly a few specific recommendations) for each category, in a spoiler tag because otherwise this is liable to get inordinately long:
Overdrive I would say there are a few different routes to go down. There's the mid-boosting Tubescreamer flavour which tends to sound pretty good with a Fender-into-Fender rig, especially in a band situation, but less so with other setups. That's a great sound but it's a pretty individual one, so it mostly works if you're looking for that particular sound, like Stevie Ray Vaughan-type stuff. I'm pretty familiar with that niche, so I can tell you there are cheap ones like the EHX East River Drive or the Joyo Vintage Overdrive as well as more expensive ones with expanded features like the Seymour Duncan 805 and the Way Huge Green Rhino There's also the Blues Driver-type pedals which have a flatter EQ and generally are more compatible with other rigs, and then most recently there's the "transparent" drive trend, which is fundamentally a bullshit marketing term but essentially refers to pedals modelled on the Fulltone OCD that are meant to output a sound that's possibly a bit more like the sound that went into it. Or something Those can double as clean boosts, though you might not want to bend down to adjust the gain settings in the middle of a performance.

For Tremolo Danny's already got you covered with the exciting and weird options - there's always the more affordable Boss TR-2 if you just want "a tremolo". Seymour Duncan also have the Shape Shifter which is another fancy one with elaborate options. That's probably pricey but Seymour Duncan do seem to build just fantastic sets of features into all their pedals. I only have one myself, their compressor, but it's really nice.

With delay, again, you have two main options. Digital typically brings with it a much wider range of features and sounds, whereas analogue has a characteristic sound of its own that a lot of people appreciate in its own right. There are also analogue delays with digital clock signals that allow you some of the features of a digital delay (particularly tap tempo) while still having an analogue delay circuit and thus an analogue sound. Also cool shit like expression pedal control which is fun, but not necessarily that useful. On the digital side off the top of my head there's the TC Electronic Flashback, and a big fancy Strymon that's pretty much the holy grail of digital delays but will cost probably the same as your amp; more affordable is the Boss DD7 as someone mentioned. On the analogue side you have things like the Ibanez AD9, as well as the ADMini, the EHX Memory Boy and Memory Man (of which both have Deluxe version with the addition of tap tempo, and the Memory Man also has the "Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai" which I think is a bit of a dick move from marketing since it's an entirely different pedal and not even analogue), Seymour Duncan Vapor Trail which has a relatively basic feature set but sounds good, from the demos I've heard, three Way Huge delays (the Aqua-, Echo- and Supa-Puss, in order of ascending variety of features), the MXR Carbon Copy (which just got an upgraded version with extra features similar to those of the Way Huge Supa-Puss and EHX Deluxe delays). Lots of cool shit around.

Boost I shan't talk about because I don't really have much relevant knowledge in that department.

For wah I would say the two main companies to look at are Dunlop and Morley. For basic stuff, there's also Vox, which was good enough for Hendrix so it might be good enough for you. Dunlop has the Cry Baby which is a basic model, the 535Q which is similar but with various adjustments to tweak the sound of the wah which is something I particularly appreciate, the Dimebag 535Q which is pretty popular with all sorts of people in spite of the camo finish and being a signature model because it's basically the 535Q with a wider sweep, if I recall correctly (Which I might not - these are things to look into), and at the top of the range there's also the CAE MC404 which is a high-end model with similar features to the 535Q, though I cannot really remember the details. From Morley I have to say I'm not too familiar with their range but their features - as mentioned earlier in this thread - suggest to me that they may be worth looking at over the Dunlop models. I use an Ibanez WD7, which is discontinued but can usually be had for very cheap on eBay. The features are pretty similar to the Morley ones but I'm told it sounds terrible. I mean, nobody's told me that when I was using it but obviously if other people don't like it it's entirely possible you won't either. But it is cheap and it is there so perhaps it might be a good option for you.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by Dave_Mc

you might not need boost and OD. or if you do there are quite a few pedals with both in one... though i'm never sure if that's a good idea or not. you're stuck with the two which come together, and if the pedal breaks you've lost two pedals. they're also usually (not always) fairly expensive, boutique pedals too and it often costs no more, and frequently a lot less, to buy they separately.

Yes you are right. My AMP has an reverb already but unfortunately there is no footswitch to turn it on/off...so i have to go with all the settings without being able to change it during a song...
Quote by K33nbl4d3
On this, I would say if you're looking at it from the perspective of which pedals you "should" have, you're kind of doing it wrong. Plenty of guitarists get by with small or nonexistent pedalboards, while some use sprawling masses of pedals. If you don't approach this with an awareness of the sounds you're actually looking to achieve, you're liable to waste your money and your time. So, you need a chorus pedal if you want to make the sounds that a chorus pedal makes

Sounds obvious
Well in that case i think i'm gonna need one!
Quote by Matt_Hornstein
Sounds obvious
Well in that case i think i'm gonna need one!
In that case, I can think of a few good ones at various price ranges. EHX has the Small Clone and Nano Clone models for cheap which sound pretty good but only have one knob to adjust the rate of modulation and a switch to alternate between two intensities. MXR has the one I use - their Analog Chorus, which has knobs for rate, depth and level, as well as for cutting the treble and bass of the output which can be especially useful if you use chorus with gain sounds as it can reduce the indistinct noise you can sometimes get from doing that - as well as the cheaper, one-knob Micro Chorus, and the slightly costlier Stereo Chorus which otherwise features much the same controls as the Analog Chorus, plus a button. Google tells me the button switches the effect to only apply to the higher frequencies of your sound, which should give you a more consistent low end. That's pretty cool. Boss has a chorus, possibly two. I don't really know much about them but typically with Boss you can expect a basic, very much serviceable option with a decent amount of control over the effect.

Ibanez have a reissue of their CS9 Stereo Chorus (bear in mind both with this and the MXR Stereo Chorus that there's nothing stopping you from using these in mono, they just also have the feature if you plug their outputs into different amps to have the effect pan between the two), as well as their Mini Chorus, which has three knobs despite being smaller than the EHXs or the MXR Micro. There's also a whole bunch of old Ibanezes that can usually be had for good prices on eBay, though of variable quality (10, L and 7 series are typically pretty good but of variable reliability, 5 series are typically a bit crap, 9 and x0x series are typically really nice, but the prices are quite often pretty inflated for 30 year old pedals). For more money, Seymour Duncan has the Catalina which has the really cool feature of responding to your dynamics so you can set the effect to kick in only at lower volumes or only at higher volumes; Way Huge have the Blue Hippo. I don't know much about that model individually, but Way Huge pedals are generally very well regarded and I very much like the two I own.

I'm sure there are more at either end of the price spectrum but those are the ones I can think of.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Jul 23, 2017,
I own a Red Llama overdrive from Way Huge, and it's one of the best overdrives I've ever tried. I may be a bit biased because I own it, and I haven't tried every overdrive out there, but it's really good if you want your sound overdriven, but retaining some clarity. I have tried the Crunchy Frog too, and I gotta admit, it took my breath away a little bit. 
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by donender
I own a Red Llama overdrive from Way Huge, and it's one of the best overdrives I've ever tried. I may be a bit biased because I own it, and I haven't tried every overdrive out there, but it's really good if you want your sound overdriven, but retaining some clarity. I have tried the Crunchy Frog too, and I gotta admit, it took my breath away a little bit. 

If trying every overdrive out there were a prerequisite for giving advice no one would be able to
I'm trying as fast as I can!

Quote by monwobobbo
If trying every overdrive out there were a prerequisite for giving advice no one would be able to

True, I think the point I was getting as was that while I have a decent knowledge of overdrives that suit a certain sound, some of the other users might (and probably do) have a broader knowledge than I do.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
The mojomojo is a really good overdrive pedal, also for wah you should check the dunlop original crybaby.
Here are some suggestions:

1) reverb :   The reverb on your amp is terrible, I know because I owned an HRD for years - the reverb is not the same design as their better amps.  If you plan on turning the reverb on and off, I highly suggest you go with something like the  Topanga spring reverb from Catalinbread because it has a preamp that allows you to set the boost level.  Many reverbs may cause you to lose perceived volume when you engage them ( and so you're stuck leaving them always on or losing volume when turned on - for example, the Holy Grail from EHX does this), but with this pedal you can set the boost level so you can even get an increase in volume when engaging it, which will make the effect cut through. If you play blues,  reverb  is by far your most important effect so focus your attention and money here.  The King of Reverbs right now is Strymon and if you choose an "always on{" option, the Strymon Flint sounds amazing and has tremoloas well- so you could kill two birds with one stone there. Personally, if you're playing blues or jazz you normally leave your reverb on all the time throughout a song, so you may want to re-evaluate that aspect. In your place I would probably just get the Strymon. 

2) Delay :  you need a tap tempo - trust me on this, unless you want repeats that are out of beat with each song.  Whatever pedal you get, just make sure it has that functionality, otherwise you'll be bending over a lot and wasting a lot of time between songs. Most delay pedals are decent now, so you have a lot of good options. 

3) Overdrives/boost :  This is a choice that can be pretty amp dependent - try out many with your setup.  For a basic clean boost you can't really beat the RC Booster from Xotic.  The AC Booster from Xotic  is also a great overdrive without too much of an EQ change ( it sounds more transparent that a traditional tubescreamer.  You can also go more traditional with a Maxon Ts9 or Ibanez etc.  I personally found the Ts9 to sound cheap and nasally through the HRD - I ran that setup for years.

4) Tremolo : I'm not a fan of Boss pedals generally, from vast experience lol, however their tremolo is better than most and can really cut through. I preferred it to the Voodoo Labs, which was more expensive, noisy and dropped the volume when engaged.  If you don't get the Strymon Flint, then get this pedal - it beats most boutiques imo.  
Last edited by reverb66 at Jul 24, 2017,
Quote by K33nbl4d3

I believe that is correct. It might not have quite the range that a pedal reverb can, but a basic spring reverb should be more than capable of providing functional reverb and sounding good doing it.

yeah. if there's no footswitch capability for it, as he said, though, then it's a bit more annoying.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
In that case, I can think of a few good ones at various price ranges. EHX has the Small Clone and Nano Clone models for cheap which sound pretty good but only have one knob to adjust the rate of modulation and a switch to alternate between two intensities.

I think the neo is the smaller version. I haven't tried it but I don't think the nano has the switch, and is supposed to be crappier.

they could have named them a bit better, most of the other pedals with "nano" in the title are the same as the bigger version...
Quote by monwobobbo

i dunno, i mean have you tried a tubescreamer?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I did a lot of research in reverb pedals and I'm pretty much set on a hall of fame 2 pedal which will probably be my next purchase. I'll also second the echo park pedal. I have one and it's solid. There are better digital delay pedals but nothing this versatile and small. The carbon copy would be great for analog or if you got the dough you could go TC Electeonics time factor or that new Devin Townsend ocean machine pedal.
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah. if there's no footswitch capability for it, as he said, though, then it's a bit more annoying.

I think the neo is the smaller version. I haven't tried it but I don't think the nano has the switch, and is supposed to be crappier.

they could have named them a bit better, most of the other pedals with "nano" in the title are the same as the bigger version...

i dunno, i mean have you tried a tubescreamer?

A tubescreamer you say? Nope never heard of it, are they any good
Not sure about the Keeley modded BD2 but i recently got a standard one and play it through a Fender amp(a Princeton).I find for myself that it doesn't sound the best on its own but sounds great with either my EQ pedal set mid heavy or my Tubescreamer going into it.The BD2 is a transparent sounding OD.Like i say i've not tried the Keeley version though.
Just some food for thought.
Quote by EyeballPaul
Not sure about the Keeley modded BD2 but i recently got a standard one and play it through a Fender amp(a Princeton).I find for myself that it doesn't sound the best on its own but sounds great with either my EQ pedal set mid heavy or my Tubescreamer going into it.The BD2 is a transparent sounding OD.Like i say i've not tried the Keeley version though.
Just some food for thought.
Yeah, classic Fender cleans tend to be pretty scooped which is why they work so well with the TS mid boost. I've no idea how the HRD is in that regard, though.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
I have a HRD and an array of TS-based pedals. The combination works fine, but you may need to tweak a knob here or there. That may be why I prefer the TSclones- most of those I own have more tone-shaping options than the originals.

Quote by reverb66
Here are some suggestions:

1) reverb :   The reverb on your amp is terrible, I know because I owned an HRD for years - the reverb is not the same design as their better amps.  If you plan on turning the reverb on and off, I highly suggest you go with something like the  Topanga spring reverb from Catalinbread because it has a preamp that allows you to set the boost level.  Many reverbs may cause you to lose perceived volume when you engage them ( and so you're stuck leaving them always on or losing volume when turned on - for example, the Holy Grail from EHX does this), but with this pedal you can set the boost level so you can even get an increase in volume when engaging it, which will make the effect cut through. If you play blues,  reverb  is by far your most important effect so focus your attention and money here.  The King of Reverbs right now is Strymon and if you choose an "always on{" option, the Strymon Flint sounds amazing and has tremoloas well- so you could kill two birds with one stone there. Personally, if you're playing blues or jazz you normally leave your reverb on all the time throughout a song, so you may want to re-evaluate that aspect. In your place I would probably just get the Strymon. 

2) Delay :  you need a tap tempo - trust me on this, unless you want repeats that are out of beat with each song.  Whatever pedal you get, just make sure it has that functionality, otherwise you'll be bending over a lot and wasting a lot of time between songs. Most delay pedals are decent now, so you have a lot of good options. 

3) Overdrives/boost :  This is a choice that can be pretty amp dependent - try out many with your setup.  For a basic clean boost you can't really beat the RC Booster from Xotic.  The AC Booster from Xotic  is also a great overdrive without too much of an EQ change ( it sounds more transparent that a traditional tubescreamer.  You can also go more traditional with a Maxon Ts9 or Ibanez etc.  I personally found the Ts9 to sound cheap and nasally through the HRD - I ran that setup for years.

4) Tremolo : I'm not a fan of Boss pedals generally, from vast experience lol, however their tremolo is better than most and can really cut through. I preferred it to the Voodoo Labs, which was more expensive, noisy and dropped the volume when engaged.  If you don't get the Strymon Flint, then get this pedal - it beats most boutiques imo.  

Thank you for the detailed informations!!

@1) Yes i also think that the reverb in the AMP doesn't really match my toughts of how a reverb should sound (putting it mildly... )
Well that's quite some money for the "Strymon Flint" but you would say absolutly worth it?
I actually have a friend of mine who is playing the "Holy Grail"...so i should pay more attention the next time i am playing with him about the issues you just mentioned, because he suggested me that one...

@2) Does tap tempo means that i just tap the rhythm of the song and the delay adopts that temp and sets up the delay by itself?? That be awesome...

@3) The RC Booster is an overdrive/boost peal and not a distortion right? I'm a bit nooby here...what exactly is the big difference between distrotion and overdrive? I mean when i crank up a overdrive pedal + put a lot of volume to it it actually sounds like a distortion-pedal?? I never really got that...

@4) Do you like the tremolo of the Strymon Flint or is it more like a compromise?

Thanks for all the answers
The Boss CE-5 is a good all around chorus. You can snag them used for $50 easy enough. Sounds good on guitar and bass. For reverb... I would add the Digitech Polara Reverb to the list of ones to check out.
I'm a big fan of TC Electronic pedals - have a bunch of them. Not the new cheap ones.

For the wah go with a Morley Bad Horsie II.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by Guitaraxe
The Boss CE-5 is a good all around chorus. You can snag them used for $50 easy enough. Sounds good on guitar and bass. For reverb... I would add the Digitech Polara Reverb to the list of ones to check out.

Gonna check them out! Thanks for the advice

Quote by metalmingee
I'm a big fan of TC Electronic pedals - have a bunch of them.  Not the new cheap ones.  

For the wah go with a Morley Bad Horsie II.

Is there something wrong with the newer ones (bad sound compared to the older ones, etc.?) or haven't you tried them yet because there is no need for you at the moment to get some new pedals?
Matt_Hornstein I don't have any need for 1/2 of them actually! Lol.  I have the series with the TonePrint feature.  
Guitars:
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
Matt_Hornstein I don't fully understand what you are saying but I like them - that's why I kept buying more of the same series.  I recommend them all the time and if you are good with the TonePrint feature they are insanely versatile.  
Guitars:
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
Page 1 of 2