So my dads friend gave me his uncles guitar old SG. It has a volute and I know for sure that it's from 1970,1971, or 1972. But I don't know if it's a Standard, Pro, Deluxe, Special, etc, or what parts are original or not. Any ideas?

http://oi68.tinypic.com/zwjg53.jpg

Thanks in advance!
Looks like some kind of Gibson SG, but I'm no Gibson guru- I couldn't tell you which model or even fake vs real.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
paruwimy guitar has the harmonica bridge and the only one that has the harmonica bridge is the SG professional but it has different pickups and inlays. It's like my guitar is a mixture between the deluxe and professional.
Quote by nick.hartung
paruwimy guitar has the harmonica bridge and the only one that has the harmonica bridge is the SG professional but it has different pickups and inlays. It's like my guitar is a mixture between the deluxe and professional.

The bridge might have been swapped during the last 40 years.....
or the specs might have been changed 3 days aftrer the catalog was printed....
Quote by nick.hartung

Gibson did a lot of strange things in the early 70's with not only the SG's but with most of their guitars. It's entirely possible that they used that bridge on both the Deluxe and Professional at some point. Or like the guy above me said, someone just swapped the bridge. 

Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
Quote by nick.hartung
Ok then whatever thanks it's not the end of the world

Seriously. You gave it an hour and then get snarky because no one has answered your post yet?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/