I was given this guitar as gift when I returned from a mission trip to Guatemala. I don't know much about it and was wondering if anyone could shed some light for me?
I have never played an electric, only acoustic. I don't know anything about electric guitars so I am curious if this is a decent one or not. I know it's all matter of opinion so that's what I am looking for, opinions.

http://shop.fender.com/en-US/electric-series/special-edition/special-edition-custom-telecaster-fmt-hh/0262000561.html

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B83FI26rMA8ZbkRSTGRNUVVqTkE/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B83FI26rMA8ZWUx4dlhTc2lnZ3M/view?usp=drivesdk
Last edited by gartimusprime at Jul 23, 2017,
damn nice guitar. basically it's a Tele shape with Les Paul specs. 
Teles are awesome. All the teles.

These are like 750 new. Maybe 500 used. Good specs.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
the guitar is Korean, correct?

as far as I know fender has done that guitar a few different times. what year is yours?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by AcousticMirror
Teles are awesome. All the teles.

These are like 750 new. Maybe 500 used. Good specs.

There's one on eBay with the same finish for $350. Mine are Amber and TransBlue.  

trashedlostfdup, other than the MIA Custom Shop models, most of the set neck Fender *and* Squier Strats and Teles are Korean. For example:  2004 Squier Telecaster Red Mahogany Set Neck MoP Pickguard w/HSC.

edit: The one I linked for $350 is Fender Indonesia. So, there are MII set neck Fenders and all the set neck Squiers I've seen are Korean.
Ippon

I have two Showmasters that came out around the same time. 2003 and 2004.mik, set neck etc. they are beasts in their own right. basically just different body shape.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
People either love or hate these. It's not your traditional tele so don't expect it to be. However, it is a great instrument.
Cort KX1Q w/ Seymour Duncan Jazz/JB
Fender Standard Stratocaster Plus Top - Aged Cherry Burst with Maple Fingerboard
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Florentine PRO Hollowbody - Faded Cherry Sunburst w/ Seymour Duncan SH-55's

Mesa Boogie Mark V 35 Head
Orange PPC112 - 60W 1x12" V30 Cabinet
Two Notes Torpedo Live
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus Universal Power Supply

Boss TU3 Chromatic Tuner -> Whirlwind Red Box Compressor -> Hardwire CM-2 Tube Overdrive -> MXR Custom Badass '78 Distortion -> Vick Audio '73 Ram's Head -> loop -> Whirlwind Orange Box Phaser -> Mooer Eleclady Flanger -> Strymon Flint Tremolo and Reverb -> MXR Carbon Copy Delay -> MXR 10-Band EQ
trashedlostfdup 
It is Korean, yes. I am having trouble finding out what year it is. The serial isn't matching with any of the websites I find.
Edit: I chatted with someone from Fender. It was manufactured October of 2004.
Thanks for everyone's replying!
Last edited by gartimusprime at Jul 27, 2017,
gartimusprime And in that case I think you'd find it's going to be really good. 
Cort KX1Q w/ Seymour Duncan Jazz/JB
Fender Standard Stratocaster Plus Top - Aged Cherry Burst with Maple Fingerboard
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Florentine PRO Hollowbody - Faded Cherry Sunburst w/ Seymour Duncan SH-55's

Mesa Boogie Mark V 35 Head
Orange PPC112 - 60W 1x12" V30 Cabinet
Two Notes Torpedo Live
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus Universal Power Supply

Boss TU3 Chromatic Tuner -> Whirlwind Red Box Compressor -> Hardwire CM-2 Tube Overdrive -> MXR Custom Badass '78 Distortion -> Vick Audio '73 Ram's Head -> loop -> Whirlwind Orange Box Phaser -> Mooer Eleclady Flanger -> Strymon Flint Tremolo and Reverb -> MXR Carbon Copy Delay -> MXR 10-Band EQ
Quote by gartimusprime
trashedlostfdup 
It is Korean, yes. I am having trouble finding out what year it is. The serial isn't matching with any of the websites I find.
Edit: I chatted with someone from Fender. It was manufactured October of 2004.
Thanks for everyone's replying!

i have one from 2003 and another 2004.both Korean.

IMO sleeper guitars though fo sho. .
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by monwobobbo
damn nice guitar. basically it's a Tele shape with Les Paul specs. 

Les Paul specs?  The only thing it has in common with a Les Paul is that it has humbuckers
Quote by kentrock
Les Paul specs?  The only thing it has in common with a Les Paul is that it has humbuckers

well sure if you don't count that its made of mahogany and has a maple top. 
Quote by monwobobbo
well sure if you don't count that its made of mahogany and has a maple top. 

and if you dont count the scale length or neck profile, but i guess mahogany with a maple top makes it a les paul.
Last edited by kentrock at Jul 29, 2017,
Quote by kentrock
and if you dont count the scale length or neck profile, but i guess mahogany with a maple top makes it a les paul.

Nobody said it was a LP. Obviously it's meant to appeal to a LP player though. Not going to continue nit picking though.
I played it for the first time this past Thursday hooked through the PA system at my church. I replaced the strings and holy crap it sounded really awesome! Again though I don't have anything to compare to but it put a smile on my face from the first strum!
Quote by monwobobbo
Nobody said it was a LP. Obviously it's meant to appeal to a LP player though. Not going to continue nit picking though.

I believe it was you that said it was Les Paul specs.  Its meant to appeal to someone who wants a HH Tele.  Don't be a dick about it.
Quote by gartimusprime
I played it for the first time this past Thursday hooked through the PA system at my church. I replaced the strings and holy crap it sounded really awesome! Again though I don't have anything to compare to but it put a smile on my face from the first strum!

Did it sound like a Les Paul?   
Quote by gartimusprime
kentrock
Again, this my first electric guitar, so I can't compare to a L.P. since I have not played one.

In any case, Its a very nice guitar, I would love to have it myself!
Quote by kentrock
I believe it was you that said it was Les Paul specs.  Its meant to appeal to someone who wants a HH Tele.  Don't be a dick about it.

Yeah mahogany body and neck with a maple cap. Sound familiar. Dude clearly its a Tele shaped guitar and not an exact copy of a LP. Not sure why you keep at this. I'm not being a duck at all.
Quote by monwobobbo
Yeah mahogany body and neck with a maple cap. Sound familiar.  Dude clearly its a Tele shaped guitar and not an exact copy of a LP.  Not sure why you keep at this.  I'm not being a duck at all.

So practically any PRS is  Les Paul spec too?  I dont know why you think it has all that much in common with the Les Paul other than a mahogany body with maple cap and two humbuckers, thats like saying any spruce top dreadnaught is a Martin spec.  I dont know why you keep at this either.  
Quote by kentrock
So practically any PRS is  Les Paul spec too?  I dont know why you think it has all that much in common with the Les Paul other than a mahogany body with maple cap and two humbuckers, thats like saying any spruce top dreadnaught is a Martin spec.  I dont know why you keep at this either.  

You sound familiar with electric guitars. I think that's neat.

Monwobobbo was speaking to the OP who stated that he was unfamiliar with electric guitars. A generic style of guitar that someone with limited knowledge might be familiar with is the Les Paul. Mahogany tonewood, maple top, two humbuckers, set neck. Gives the OP something to relate it to. Otherwise he wouldn't have created the thread.
Quote by kentrock

But bolt in hh teles exist.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer