Bought a beige color Cort headless travel guitar.. missing one of the knobs on eBAY.. turns out the potentiometer is bad.. the pickup rings are cracked and double ball strings are rusted.. anyways.. I think USPS, may have dropped it.. there is ding on the foot by the bridge.. I thought about returning it but I think I can save it.. maybe not exactly original.. something that's unique... like stainless steel frets, custom wound humbuckers with individual coil-split via push-pull potentiometers.. and a string adapter because double ball end strings aren't the best sounding.. i should have gotten a Steiny
I have Washburn guitars 'Maverick Series' and bass 'Bantam Series' and a few pedals and amps, but man I wish to have more patience and drive practicing my playing, if it's equal to the modding itch, then I'm golden.
Is there a point or a question here? 
If you're wondering about how to salvage or upgrade your guitar, maybe ask more specific questions in the Guitar Building and Customization section. If this is just a few idle thoughts you decided to type out, maybe a personal blog is a better place. This isn't a good place to post your diary entries or stream of consciousness.