I have a Mesa Mark V 35 coming and I've read its headphone output is pretty low. I dont want to have to crank my amp when using headphones then adjust it again for when I'm not. Ive read that the Behringer Micromon Ma400 serves this purpose very well and will give me the best sound. I know the difference an headphone amp can make since i use one with my computer. 

My question is: What type of cable do i use to connect my amp's headphone out to the headphone amp's monitor input. 
Cort KX1Q w/ Seymour Duncan Jazz/JB
Fender Standard Stratocaster Plus Top - Aged Cherry Burst with Maple Fingerboard
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Florentine PRO Hollowbody - Faded Cherry Sunburst w/ Seymour Duncan SH-55's

Mesa Boogie Mark V 35 Head
Orange PPC112 - 60W 1x12" V30 Cabinet
Two Notes Torpedo Live
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus Universal Power Supply

Boss TU3 Chromatic Tuner -> Whirlwind Red Box Compressor -> Hardwire CM-2 Tube Overdrive -> MXR Custom Badass '78 Distortion -> Vick Audio '73 Ram's Head -> loop -> Whirlwind Orange Box Phaser -> Mooer Eleclady Flanger -> Strymon Flint Tremolo and Reverb -> MXR Carbon Copy Delay -> MXR 10-Band EQ
headphones aren't the same as a live situation. what sounds good in them may not sound so good when you are playing in a room. keep that in mind and get used to the idea that you will likely have to change some settings. you won't have to crank it when using headphones. regular headphone cables are fine. 
What is the input connector?  1/4" stereo, 2x 1/4" R/L, RCA...
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
I think its 1/4"
Fender Standard Stratocaster Plus Top - Aged Cherry Burst with Maple Fingerboard
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Florentine PRO Hollowbody - Faded Cherry Sunburst w/ Seymour Duncan SH-55's

Two Notes Torpedo Live

Boss TU3 Chromatic Tuner -> Whirlwind Red Box Compressor -> Hardwire CM-2 Tube Overdrive -> MXR Custom Badass '78 Distortion -> Vick Audio '73 Ram's Head -> loop -> Whirlwind Orange Box Phaser -> Mooer Eleclady Flanger -> Strymon Flint Tremolo and Reverb -> MXR Carbon Copy Delay -> MXR 10-Band EQ
Quote by monwobobbo
headphones aren't the same as a live situation. what sounds good in them may not sound so good when you are playing in a room. keep that in mind and get used to the idea that you will likely have to change some settings. you won't have to crank it when using headphones. regular headphone cables are fine. 

His right. I used with headphone when I'm at home, and even If I play at home without headphones I have to change Vol and Gain Settings.
I already use headphones with my current setup and while I appreciate the feedback, my question was about which cable to use.

Thanks

Two Notes Torpedo Live

Quote by thundermonty
I think its 1/4"

If you think it's 1/4" TRS than a shielded 1/4"TRS is the one.  I honestly don't understand why you would choose to buy a separate headphone amp rather than just turning up the master a bit. 
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Last edited by Cajundaddy at Jul 23, 2017,
The amp can not get loud enough for headphones while maintaining the same tone. 

Two Notes Torpedo Live

monwobobbo I dont think you get what I'm asking for...

Two Notes Torpedo Live

Quote by thundermonty
monwobobbo I dont think you get what I'm asking for...

I get that instead of plugging in some headphones and finding out for yourself you are asking about something you may not need at all.

Oh and wouldn't the spec sheet for that device tell you what cable you'd need
Many people use this headphone amp along with the mark V 25/35. I have to turn my current amp's volume way up to get it loud enough as well. I'd rather not have to do that. I'm asking about what type of cable to use. Telling me "headphones plug into jack" is just insulting. 

Two Notes Torpedo Live

thundermonty

I told you to check the spec sheet or instructions for the device you mentioned. You also didn't say that you had tried headphones yourself. Answers come from info given. You said you read not you knew from experience.
I think I said  "My question is: What type of cable do i use to connect my amp's headphone out to the headphone amp's monitor input."

Two Notes Torpedo Live

Quote by thundermonty
I think I said  "My question is: What type of cable do i use to connect my amp's headphone out to the headphone amp's monitor input."

See post #7.  Based on your incomplete description it will be a shielded 1/4" TRS cable.  My Mesa headphone out gets plenty loud enough with epic Mesa tone.  No ext headphone amp required.  YMMV

Protip: When you give incomplete info and ask for specific answers, folks do their best to give useful answers based on 20 years of experience gigging with Mesa amps.  You are clearly a young cat with very limited experience.  Try not to be such a dick about it so the Mods don't eject you permanently from this very useful music site.   

Last edited by Cajundaddy at Jul 24, 2017,
Quote by Cajundaddy
See post #7.  Based on your incomplete description it will be a shielded 1/4" TRS cable.  My Mesa headphone out gets plenty loud enough with epic Mesa tone.  No ext headphone amp required.  YMMV

Protip: When you give incomplete info and ask for specific answers, folks do their best to give useful answers based on 20 years of experience gigging with Mesa amps.  You are clearly a young cat with very limited experience.  Try not to be such a dick about it so the Mods don't eject you permanently from this very useful music site.   

good pro tip. thundermonty not trying to give you a hard time it's just that you aren't getting something important here. sound through headphones is just plain not the same as what you will here in a room through the amp's speaker. this is a fact. you will have to change settings when going from one to the other. i learned this the hard way from recording using headphones. that awesome sound you hear through headphones sounds farly different when you play back the same music through regular speakers.  not that i'm not tying to be helpful  with your ? just that i'm pointing out something you may not have been aware of or thought of.