Who is old enough to remember the "Mona Lisa" of metal albums ? Operation Mindcrime was for me the most amazing album lyric-wise, music-wise etc..
Who else feels the same ?? 

(There is no official Queensryche thread, therefore I'm not breaking any rules)
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Operation Mindcrime is a few years older than me. I've been meaning to listen to them but I haven't yet so I'll check it out when I get home and report back

By the way your username is NOT STUPID
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Sweet, Queensryche ftw

Operation Mindcrime is a classic album. I kinda prefer The Warning these days... The story of Mindcrime becomes kinda tedious after so many listens and I've listened to that album a bunch. The Warning is a forward-looking progressive power metal masterpiece that's in a format I enjoy more. Mindcrime has so much good shit on it though... I don't Believe in Love, Spreading the Disease, The Needle Lies (probably my favorite track).

They are still going pretty strong these days. Their best album since Operation Mindcrime is their 2015 album Condition Human. It's a damn good comeback after the Geoff Tate mess and the subsequent release of a pretty dull by the numbers hard rock album. It's about on the same level of heaviness as Operation Mindcrime. It takes the nerdy music theory oriented modern prog metal sound and infuses it with real power and muscle that's been missing in these types of bands since the 80's. Loads of cool leads/riffs and entertaining songwriting.
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

I'm halfway through my second listen of Operation Mindcrime, and loving what I hear. Great riffs and vocals and compositions. I haven't been able to pay much attention to the lyrics and thematics because I'm at work so I'll have to give it a more involved listen when I'm home.
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

Queensryche along with Iron Maiden were actually my two first Metal bands. I vividly remember listening to a Queensryche compilation in my pops' car and later listening to the album myself. The self-titled EP will forever and always be in my blood.

I never got into Operation Mindcrime as much. I dunno why.  In fairness, I haven't listened to it in years.
Last edited by Ironic Maiden at Jul 25, 2017,
MHDrunk 

<3

To Kytokinesis :The warning is also a magnificent album !!! Rage for order is also a masterpiece !
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Having given it a more involved listen, and then after that many repeated listens (you can imagine that I couldn't help myself at this point), I have to say that this album is about as good as they come.