Sad or happy or angry I would be intrigued to hear peoples stories

Live or studio versions or otherwise
I can't say I've ever been made to feel angry from a song. That's weird tbh
Check out my band Disturbed
I've had some moments of serious lucidity and self-reflection during EDM shows.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Probably the most emotional song for me is Queensryche's SIlent Lucidity.  After decades of listening to it, it still gives me the strange feeling of massive amounts of static electricity surging through my body in waves and makes me feel sad and peaceful at the same time.  It's a strange feeling that no other song has ever done to me. 

My favorite besides the studio version is the 1991 MTV live version.  

Listening to some of Joanna Newsom's stuff has moved me like almost nothing else has

Some of Swans' later work has gotten me close to actual fear, not Anselm Kiefer close but pretty near it. An Empty Bliss Beyond This World also did it but that album is fucked up

sometimes I lose all awareness of time or space when listening to very simple droney stuff but that's really rare
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Last edited by Banjocal at Jul 24, 2017,
I got a boner listening to Combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell last night.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM
arousal

It's hard not to be when Robert Plant does that thing.

Just look at the lyrics to that part of Whole Lotta Love:

'Ah ah... AH ah.... AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AAAAH AAAH AAAH AAAH aaah...'
Taking 200ug acid and listening to dark side of the moon from start to finish with eyes closed, during the end of the album around brain damage definitely changed my life im not playing
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
first time taking a blotter at an EDM show, really made me appreciate everything and everyone who was there, great experience, but i'd say it was more of mental clarity if anything.

first time sitting down, cranking up the volume on my surround sound stereo, and listening to Comfortably Numb after a few stanky danky tokes ... man what a song (with 2 of the best psychedelic rock solos in history, i might add), really felt that vibe / connection since it's always been my favorite Floyd song as a kid. But listening to it years later through "a different lens" really made me appreciate it on another level.

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

If somebody made me listen to a whole Pink Floyd song I'd definitely feel angry.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Honestly, nothing gives me feels like Broadway music. A well-executed Broadway ballad kicks me in the gut.

That said, I haven't really been a Broadway fan since high school and I only listen to Broadway when my wife has it on. My enjoyment of music, it seems, is not all about feels.
Death to Ovation haters!
I got pretty blitzed listening to Wang Dang Sweet Poontang in my 1993 Kia Sportage after the court accepted my plea bargain in my second domestic abuse case after my ex ex-wife double-crossed me again. 
I laugh myself silly at the start of Snoop Dogg - G-Funk every time.

"get your pooper scooper 'cause this nigga's talking shit"
The most emotion I've ever felt listening to music has resulted in me just sitting there bawling my eyes out lol. There are a lot of specific examples, but the first one that comes to mind is the first time I listened to Lana Del Rey's "Ultraviolence" album back in 2014. I was already really into the vintage rock vibes, but a few moments on that album absolutely put me over the edge. 

The first one was during the guitar solo in "Shades of Cool." I honestly felt like I was high while listening to that. I felt so light and elevated and really good. The second extreme emotion was the song "Old Money." I remember laying on my couch listening to it in the dark, and certain lyrics made my eyes widen, and I just started weeping. 
i've had panic attacks to songs

tbh i was actually thinking a while ago of making a thread about songs that gave me panic attacks. probably like five or something.
superman is killing himself tonight
I got very scared and goosebumpy when listening to those "Screams of hiroshima" pieces and similar atonal ones
Sometimes I get a little teary-eyed and the like when listening to some Marco Antonio Solis or similar singers
I get the "I want to party down" emotion when listening to many funkies
Quote by gonzaw
I got very scared and goosebumpy when listening to those "Screams of hiroshima" pieces and similar atonal ones
Sometimes I get a little teary-eyed and the like when listening to some Marco Antonio Solis or similar singers
I get the "I want to party down" emotion when listening to many funkies

If you like that themed stuff (I'm guessing you're talking about Penderecki?) try

You might get a little more from it if you read into the background a tiny bit but I'll leave that to you.
ha-haaa
I'll bookmark it .... but yeah I don't want to listen to that type of stuff right now lol (don't really want to feel dread and dispair right now)

EDIT: Though at times it's kind of soothing to hear it. Like, when you hear it you can pinpoint how it makes your brain make you feel what it makes you feel, but you can go "Ok, I'll try to not feel that" and find a moment where you are actually enjoying the piece, blocking the formation of that emotion from your mind
Last edited by gonzaw at Jul 24, 2017,
Bryars isn't that kind of stuff, if anything it's overly romantic or melancholy. It just has that thematic background to it that rather heightens the piece.
ha-haaa
Quote by Baby Joel
i've had panic attacks to songs

tbh i was actually thinking a while ago of making a thread about songs that gave me panic attacks. probably like five or something.
there have been a few times in my life where i had a pretty severe fever/flu and i'd be listening to music and depending on the tone, i'd experience either relaxation or extreme discomfort/anxiety/panic.

a lot of Descendents/ALL songs make me feel a lot more positive and stuff. like i can actually accomplish something.

i guess i should just make a playlist and have it play on repeat 24/7 so i can make it through the day.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Svefn-G-Englar by Sigur Ros has bought me very close to tears. Such a great song and, despite not knowing any of the lyrics, it still feels powerful. Especially when the climax comes in for 20 seconds
"It's not a killing house. Its a killing bungalow"
Banjocal Although that's called The Sinking of the Titanic, the actual name of that piece is Nearer my God to Thee. Very interesting piece of experimental music though.
Gun's N' Roses' cover of Knocking on Heavens Door is just a really feel good song for me. Even though it's a pretty strange song to feel good about. It's very nostalgic since my dad was a fan of GNR when I was a kid and he would play that song on the car stereo whenever we were on a mid-summer holiday. It takes me back to a time when all I needed to worry about was to sit back and enjoy life. When I'm really stressed at work, I give it an occasional listen and it legit helps to calm me down. In fact, most of what's on AFD has that same effect for the same reason.

Another one that's cliche as fuck but is undeniably incredible is Alter Bridge's Blackbird. I don't think that one warrants an explanation. that song is just so powerful.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
The first time I heard "to live is to die" by Metallica when I bought "and justice for all". 

I had never heard the cd before and I had bought it because I knew I liked "One" a lot. Now when that part starting at around 4:28 seconds of "to live is to die" played for my ears for the first time it hit me hard as a teenager. It was 1998 and I was 14. Anything and everything sad I had ever felt came out as a huge rush. I remember being confused because that's the first time music had actual brought tears to my eyes. The song helped me through my teenage depression a lot and in fact a lot of Metallica's discography did. Well "To live is to die" hold a special place in my heart. Whenever I was sad I'd play it and it would make me more sad, but it would pull it all out. After about and hour of listening to that song I'd somehow feel much better. 
"It means a lot to me that my darkness can connect with your darkness and make it OK." - James Hetfield

Guitar: Ibanez S370
Seymour Duncan Pick ups
SH-4 JB (Neck)
Quarter Pound (Strat)
SH-6 Distortion (Bridge)

Amp:
Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo

Pedals:
Boss NS-2
Boss DS-1
Quote by Way Cool JR.
Probably the most emotional song for me is Queensryche's SIlent Lucidity.  After decades of listening to it, it still gives me the strange feeling of massive amounts of static electricity surging through my body in waves and makes me feel sad and peaceful at the same time.  It's a strange feeling that no other song has ever done to me. 

My favorite besides the studio version is the 1991 MTV live version.  

Damn, I think I've heard this song before, but I've never known the band or the name or anything, glad I listened to this.
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
The Arthur Theme
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by skezza
Banjocal Although that's called The Sinking of the Titanic, the actual name of that piece is Nearer my God to Thee. Very interesting piece of experimental music though.

The Sinking Of The Titanic would be the centrepiece of the concert. Bryars created a more traditional score for the work and used the Episcopal hymn Autumn as the basis of the work, based on the testimony of wireless operator Harold Bride, although there was some discussion that it may have been actually Aughton that was heard. Bryars incorporated fragments of Aughton and other tunes reportedly heard on the ship.

They're not the same piece
ha-haaa
First time I listened to de loused in the comatorium sort of blew my mind. Plus listening to only in dreams by weezer is an awesome feeing especially the last like 4 minutes which is such a good close to an amazing album.

i dont think any stories are necessary, these all speak for themselves tbh 
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
I cried like a baby the first time I heard The Rain Song - Zeppelin. I had just been dumped and my life was surely over (I was like 13).