Hello dear UG community.
I have been playing guitar it will be 3 months i think and i love my guitar i can play thing like One (intro solo) Master of puppets (intro,verse,chorus and duet solo) and more...
And i wanna learn thing like cowboys from hell, Hollow and thing like Children of Bodom but it's very hard for me to play at it speed and for my fingers to position fingers like in MoPuppets in "spider" part.
It's my first instrument and i have few questions which i would like you to answer for me :/

1: What are things like Arepegios Legato etc. ?

2. What are scales ? (i am big newbie in music generally since this is my first instrument)

3. Some good exercises for finger placement and things like that ?

4. Some advices about guitar generally ?

5. How to setup things like string height, pickup height and things like that ? :/ ( i have got floyd rose Rhoads RR3)

6. What are harmonies (natural, pinch . . ..) ?
These are my basic questions i will write more when i know more DD
SO please could you help me and answer these questions?
Im a newbie myself so I wont advice you personally but you got all the answers in a magical place named youtube just type your questions there there are a lot of great youtube channels for theory (I like music is win)
Seriously, YouTube is your best friend for things like this.

As for the speed for the master of puppets, spend a full week at an hour or two a day and just drill that part at 50% speed. The a week later at 75%, then try 90%. Eventually after drilling it and drilling it you'll be doing it almost without thinking. Your muscle memory will take over. This goes for anything you practice. Most days you should be practicing and not playing. 
"It means a lot to me that my darkness can connect with your darkness and make it OK." - James Hetfield

Guitar: Ibanez S370
Seymour Duncan Pick ups
SH-4 JB (Neck)
Quarter Pound (Strat)
SH-6 Distortion (Bridge)

Amp:
Peavey 6505 Mini Head
w/Peavey 112 Speaker cab (Celestion Greenback)

Pedals:
Boss NS-2
Boss DS-1
Good luck!
"It means a lot to me that my darkness can connect with your darkness and make it OK." - James Hetfield

Guitar: Ibanez S370
Seymour Duncan Pick ups
SH-4 JB (Neck)
Quarter Pound (Strat)
SH-6 Distortion (Bridge)

Amp:
Peavey 6505 Mini Head
w/Peavey 112 Speaker cab (Celestion Greenback)

Pedals:
Boss NS-2
Boss DS-1
MerMaRekSia I had questions just like you when starting out. Don't worry about arpeggios until you know your major scale inside and out. As of where you are now, I would learn your intervals, then move on to the minor pentatonic scale, making sure you know all the positions. And yes, youtube will greatly help with this, just search "intervals on guitar" and such. Good luck!
Thank you all for replies and i have 1 more question ,most important i think : How can i learn songs like MoP with metronome ? ik there are changes but in general how can i use metronome for learning songs ?
The whole put of the metronome is to slow down your playing. Walk don't run (see what I did there?) and then speed up. Eventually you'll be able to play it fairly accurately at 100%. When I first started out, once I was about 90% accurate, I would speed up. Ultimately, speeding up before you've got it nailed will help you build ability at a faster speed and you can learn to 'correct' mistakes.

Don't forget, Master of Puppets is technically all downstrokes so you need to decide whether you fancy RSI or if you're going to alternate pick it or what.
Go back to the beginning and learn some basic music theory. Justinguitar(dot)com is a great free site for learning the mechanics of playing as well as the theory behind it. I would start there and work yourself up to understanding the questions you're asking. It will take time, but you need to learn how to walk before you can run.

There are also lots of video tutorials online for how to set up a Floyd Rose.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Thread was moved to forum: Guitar Techniques
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
MerMaRekSia If you can, get yourself a copy of "Transcribe by seventhstring.  You can open mp3 files in it, and then choose a section, and slow it right down and loop it, so you can catch all the nuances of how it's played, as well as what the notes are.  You can then use this with guitar tab.  This is a great way to learn a tune and get better.

Metronome will only help if you can already (or nearly) play something, and you want to check your timing accuracy.
It's good to see you're so enthusiastic about learning, but try not to get too overwhelmed. You're asking a whole lot of things and trying to cover a lot of ground in such a short time. Best to take things one step at a time otherwise you'll end up taking shortcuts, sacrificing good technique and become sloppy in certain areas without even realizing it.
Last edited by vayne92 at Jul 25, 2017,
Quote by MerMaRekSia
Thank you and what's rsi ? Ik that i have to downpick it

repetitive strain injury.

Pretty sure even metallica don't downstroke it anymore. Hard to play with such ferocity for such a long time.
7. How to have fun ?

Take is slow, don't make it out to be like work, enjoy the ride.
Flying in a blue dream
Last edited by SanDune65 at Jul 25, 2017,
Having fun at it is key to being somewhat successful, and I think its something that a lot of beginner's overlook.
Flying in a blue dream
Quote by skezza
Pretty sure even metallica don't downstroke it anymore. Hard to play with such ferocity for such a long time.

No, they do still downpick it.  They're not the band they once were, but Hetfield in particular is still an absolute machine.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.