Would a more metal guitar sound alot better then say a fender in a blackstar mini amp? Will the OD settings be a huge differnce?  Thanks :P
Last edited by anderssen at Jul 24, 2017,
Quote by anderssen
monwobobbo  Fender squier strat from a beginners package.

Ok short answer is probably. Longer one maybe no t so much. Small practice amps tend to sound the same with most guitars. You won't get great metal tones from an amp like that regardless of guitar usrd
monwobobbo ok, its just that I see other people use it like this guy , dont know if he has anything else while using it though
"a lot better" - no, not on a mini amp, there might be some difference but your current guitar through a better amp will likely give you a much better upgrade than a new guitar into the same mini amp. Take your existing guitar and amp to a music store and try both options, a better guitar into your amp and your guitar into a better amp and see which ones makes the biggest upgrade to your ears.
Quote by anderssen
monwobobbo ok, its just that I see other people use it like this guy , dont know if he has anything else while using it though

No t that great of a sound if you ask me. What that guy may have is more guitar playing skill
Your guitar isn't very good so there's that. A guitar with humbuckers may sound a bit better but No t much. As been mentioned a better amp may be the place to start then a better guitar.