I am fortunate to have picked up a second hand Lazy J20 amplifier, but I am new to the electric guitar rig and I am looking for a good quality overdrive/distortion pedal to run with it. I am playing at quite low volume, so I am unable to push the amp. I am therefore looking for something that will be more distorted than a boost or perhaps even an overdrive. I want something that will offer the option of more gain than the Wampler Tumnus which I have played through it.

To try and explain the sound I'm looking for, it is quite tight and crunchy. Something almost 80s rhythm guitar sound. 

A few possibles are:
ZVEX Double Rock
Suhr Riot Reloaded
Bogner Burnley
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Keeley (most)
Lazy J Cruiser (which I presume will work well)

Any suggestions or comments are gratefully recieved.

Andy
MI audio crunchbox is pretty much aimed at that tone. i've only tried cheaper clones, though, and they have a new version of the super crunchbox out now. as i said, there are cheap clones (of the older version) by the likes of joyo, mooer etc. if you want to see (roughly) what it's like without spending too much.

out of what you've listed i'd guess the riot would do it as well (again, only tried cheapo clones )
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?