the mxr is a better unit, period. it also has both the volume and gain sliders as well. which is another plus.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Different EQ pedals adjust different frequency bands. So no, they do not all sound the same.

Generally the more bands an EQ pedal can adjust, the more powerful and versatile that EQ pedal becomes.

The MXR 10-band is pretty much the king of the graphic EQ pedals though. There's plenty of headroom, it's quiet, the EQ bands you can adjust are in very useful frequencies, the gain sliders have lots of adjustment range, and the volume and gain sliders mean you can even use the 10-band as a boost. There's really no reason to use anything else.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Between those two I would lean toward the MXR. The Boss,iirc, is one of those mini rack types and I would rather have a stomper. 
MXR just released a new version of their 10 band EQ. it has reduced noise from older versions. I would highly recommend it! 
Cort KX1Q w/ Seymour Duncan Jazz/JB
Fender Standard Stratocaster Plus Top - Aged Cherry Burst with Maple Fingerboard
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Florentine PRO Hollowbody - Faded Cherry Sunburst w/ Seymour Duncan SH-55's

Mesa Boogie Mark V 35 Head
Orange PPC112 - 60W 1x12" V30 Cabinet
Two Notes Torpedo Live
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus Universal Power Supply

Boss TU3 Chromatic Tuner -> Whirlwind Red Box Compressor -> Hardwire CM-2 Tube Overdrive -> MXR Custom Badass '78 Distortion -> Vick Audio '73 Ram's Head -> loop -> Whirlwind Orange Box Phaser -> Mooer Eleclady Flanger -> Strymon Flint Tremolo and Reverb -> MXR Carbon Copy Delay -> MXR 10-Band EQ
Another vote for the MXR, esp. if you can get the KFK with the extra stripe for super brootz!
Personally, if I can't get it done with a 6 band or even a parametric, it is probably not worth doing it
Seriously - taking too much out with eq is not good for your tone and I've found that it responds differently in different venues, kinda like doing eq on your full band mix. I'd rather use something like the Tech21 QStrip or Carl Martin Parametric eq, but they're not cheap. Second hand I think Aphex made one in pedal form that was really good. Empress and EH have new parametric eqs on the market that might be of interest.
I got both. the boss sounds slightly better but the mxr is quieter. the boss has a fuller tone to it more saturation/overdriven sound.
Are you in need of 10 bands? Tom's Line (or Aroma) 5 band is a little pearler and they cost less than $50.I  have one on my blues board to cope with lower output pickups and I was surprisingly impressed for the cost. I think I paid $35 for mine. Check ebay.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I've never tried anything other then the mxr. Had it 10 years now and quiet as a church mouse. All I've ever needed.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD