After listening to Joe Pass I got quite interested in walking bass lines, chord melody and alternative voicings. This is my attempt at summertime in 3 different styles. Keep with it, it does pick up

normally i don't dig these self-advertisement posts but this is quality content
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
dirtypoolblues second impression ... really nice playing.  Only criticisms, and that's way too strong a word, are a) vibrato on single notes could be stronger, and b) on the 2nd version, the bass could swing a little more (the notes are mostly evenly timed here).  But ... very nice.  I like the voicings. And tongue-in-cheek ending!
Quote by cdgraves
hmm... sounds like more than "attempt" though! I like the walking bass line a lot. Don't hear too many guitarists keeping that walk.
ted greene....
play well

wolf
Quote by dirtypoolblues
...I tend not to like to over use vibrato. Some guitarists like to play them on every note possible but i find it annoying.

Agree. Let the tones ring out.
Quote by Imaginum
Agree. Let the tones ring out.

David Russel is a very respect classical guitarist but his vibrato is so annoying. It's comes across liked he's trying to hard and not listening.
the quickest way for me to tell an amateur from their playing is their finger tone on sustained notes without vibrato. you can really tell who's paying attention to the details and who's just playing connect-the-dots on the fretboard
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.