Hey there fellows.

I have a Squier Affinity telecaster in butterscotch blonde guitar and im looking for pickup replacement. The neck pickup is fine, i like the way it sounds. Not too high not too soft. However the bridge pickups seems to have low output. I would like to get new one.

What i am looking for ? Yeah a high output one that can stand blues, rock and hard rock. It could sound similar to humbucker, needs to be powerful. It would be cool if it had still some twang. Passive electronics. Looking for some hot tone.

The price tag : 75 dollars, might change. Location Europe, Poland
Last edited by rockstar256 at Jul 27, 2017,
rockstar256 QuaterPounder by Seymour Duncan... Highly recommend to check those out.

If you want something hot there's the Hot Tele pickup that they make it too... If not it'll be your hot rails.
Fender Standard Stratocaster MIM 2011 with David Gilmour Neck Pickup Switch Mod

Epiphone Les Paul Standard PlusTop Pro 2015 with Peter Green Mod

1999 Japanese Epiphone Les Paul Standard LP-80 with Peter Green Mod
Before you answered i was looking at it at guitar center. This Duncan Seems to cost around 85 dollars here. It might sound best from what ive heard from youtube. hot rails sound too metal :p
Last edited by rockstar256 at Jul 27, 2017,
rockstar256

Bareknucle Telecaster pickups start @70£ as I recall. Good option, I'd think.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
If you live in the States the GFS Lil Puncher XL Tele bridge pup in either 10k or 15k would sound great for your needs.  Then add a push/pull for split and still get a nice single coil like Tele twang. 
Quote by rockstar256
Europe mate, not USA :P

LOL I don't know how I missed your location.
Quote by Way Cool JR.
LOL I don't know how I missed your location.

Hell, I misread "Location" as "London", somehow.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Quote by rockstar256
Barenuckle not really avaiable here. Broadcster pickup cost 150

How about Fender pickups? New or used... maybe a twisted Tele or Texas Special set.. or just the single bridge pup... are they pricey where you live?
Last edited by Guitaraxe at Jul 28, 2017,
Quote by rockstar256
This Quarter Pound From Duncan give me goosebomps

I forgot about that pickup.. ya, that might be a cool choice. Not sure how much Tele twang would be left though. Other than that it Rocks!
The Quarter Pound still sounds like a Tele, but with the power of a P-90. A Hot Rails will be good for metal, and not much else, as all Tele-ness is obliterated. 
Check out the Hot Tele pickup, which retains a lot of Tele goodness while seriously boosting the output. 
Dave @ Seymour Duncan
Guys, also is it worth to put Good Pickups into a Cheap 175$ Squier Affinity Tele ? Aint no money for original Fender

Also question Quarter Punder or Hot Tele for Bridge? Can't decide which one is stronger.
Last edited by rockstar256 at Jul 29, 2017,
If it is objectively well made and subjectivity feels good to play, then yes.

If you like the guitar, sure...but keep the original pickup, and if you upgrade to a higher-end Tele, put the QP in *that*. 
Dave @ Seymour Duncan
Quote by rockstar256
OK Punder won, wonder if im doing right putting into cheap squier tele

Go for it! Tele's are pretty simple guitars so even the "cheapy" ones will (imo) give off that Tele vibe. The next "upgrade" to consider might be changing out the saddles to either steel or brass.
Ok last question, will it sound fine with 250 pots? Or recommended 500 ones? Sorry for bump forgot bout pots.