LIkely. If it's 20 gauge, I'd say yes. 24, maybe not. Most guitars are wired with 22 gauge wire, I'm thinking...
Thread was moved to forum: Gear Building & Customizing
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I've wired up a few guitars with bell wire.  It works just fine.  I like how it stays where you put it, although it can be a little more brittle than multi-stranded wire.  I've not had any noise issues but I always paint the cavities with conductive sheilding paint.

(This - the picture shows stranded core, but it is solid as in the description.)
Quote by von Layzonfon
s but I always paint the cavities with conductive sheilding paint.

Yep, you can do that instead of using screened cable, but given most guitars do not have shielded cavities...
Quote by PSimonR
Yep, you can do that instead of using screened cable, but given most guitars do not have shielded cavities...

use screened cable...
Interesting -- I've never used shielded (screened) cable on the interior of a guitar unless it was that stuff coming from the pickups themselves. I use bare wire to connect the grounds on pots, for example. The wire on '59 Bursts, for example, is cloth covered push-back wire, which is NOT shielded.